Good News Aeroplane Heavens B-17F Out - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Good News Aeroplane Heavens B-17F Out

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I have been flying this for a week or so now and it is great. I have a specific repaint I want to do but have had no luck at all with the paintkit. I have done a lot of repainting of the A2A B17 with no problems for the 91st BG where I am a member. Now that my "Bomb Boogie" can be done on an "F" like it is supposed to be I want to repaint it. Every time I save the psd both in Adobe Photoshop and Corel Photo X2 to a bmp and open in DXT1BMP and save as a dds DXT5 it turns the cockpit and the aircraft black like the wrong model is being used. Tried all three models. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong or if it looks like I'm not...give me a texture file with no markings on an od B17F I would really appreciate it. Obviously I own this, bought it from PCAviator on 10% off Tuesday or the texture would be useless so no piracy here. I also wrote this same problem to Aeroplane heaven and waiting for a response. thank you. AH just responded and they have really been trying to help but it just doesn't work whatever. I did all his suggestions. The Nvidia 64 bit plugin for my Adobe Photoshop CS which is old doesn't give me dds format to save and the 32 bit which DOES give a dds doesn't work with my 64 bit system. Next I found a psd to dds conversion program and used it no luck, black airplane in fsx. Can someone here please create me a nice new od factory fresh fuse1t, fuse2t, fuse4t and fuse5t files in dds compatible with the AH B17 texture files that I can save in it and I will be good to go to do my repainting. Everything else in the folders is usable for new textures. Thank you. I have spent 6 hours of frustration with no results.
    Why not use the image tool packaged with the SDK which is/was distributed by Microsoft? That's what we do. The PSDs are quite normal layered PSDs. Just turn off the paint guides (multi-coloured areas and you have a plain livery with no markings.

I am going to say here that we do not have the time to spend on individual requests and orders. We have had a lot and frankly if we did spend the time we would not be producing anything else for some time to come!

The paintkit is a free accessory and not a mandatory part of this package. It does not fall under "bugs" or "faults" In fact developers are not duty bound to provide paintkits at all. They are just something that has come about of over the years. Also a pricepoint dictates just how much "customer service" we can provide. Happy to fix bugs, help with issues and so on but the line has to be drawn somewhere on a $22 product. We produce regular patches and upgrades as many of you will know, as part of our policy. These are produced as a result of collecting comment and suggestions over a period of time. But no, we will not be issuing almost daily revisions, that would be insanely time-consuming. Neither can we keep communicating on a one-to-one basis for more than a few emails, it is just too much fa draw on our time.

You will see from around here that others are coping extremely well with the pant-kit. It is not faulty or poorly produced. It is, however, produced for people with some Photoshop experience. Layer management is Photoshop basics. We are not here to teach people Photoshop technique.

Right, having got that out I am loving the schemes people are doing, I was hoping that the ones already appearing would be done by someone. The B17F came in a bewildering array of flavours ( I believe they got up to a -75 or thereabouts) and it is near impossible to end up with an historically accurate aircraft but a representation of a livery is just great in my book.

Lastly thankyou to the many who have purchased this product, it is hugely encouraging knowing as I do, just how much work went into this project.

SOH-CM-2021

RAF Bassingbourn

Just a couple of shots of Memphis Belle overhead RAF Bassingbourn, which was her home base in the UK during WW11.

Thanks to Ian Pearson for the scenery.

Den.

Nice Screens Den , be ideal to get some extra's in there .. more B-17s

Almost done with this one. Still a few things to do.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Is anyone working on a "Boeing Bee" or "Pink Lady" repaint for this aircraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Almost done with this one. Still a few things to do.
    Looking Great Joe I got sidetracked with "Mother and Country" and myself I few more thing to do.

Bomb Boogie of the 401st Bomb Squadron/91st Bomb Group H

Finally finished with the help of ButcherBird17 here on the SOH. Thanks for all the help. Here is my assigned ride at the 91st Bombardment Group. We have flown 3 missions in the A2A B-17G which was wearing this livery until Aeroplane Heaven came out with this beautiful B-17F. Our pilots will be flying both the F and G versions at the 91st now.

Bomb Boogie was built by the Vega factory in California under license from Boeing as did also Douglas. Her Serial Number is 42-5763 painted on her tail along with the 1st Air Division White Triangle and the Group "A" and her Radio Call Letter "F". The Red outlined Roundels are from June 1943 directive. The squadron code letters were LL painted in Gray. They were painted unaligned and also all on one side of the roundel as shown in one of her last photos. The crew's wives and girlfriends are painted in various spots on the aircraft. According to MACR 514 '5763 was shot down by Major Egon Mayer in a FW190A6 of JG2 Stab at Mons-en-Perele, France, 6 September 1943. 6 of the crew were captured and remained POWs until the end of the war and 4 evaded capture. History from Joe Baugher of the 91st bomb Group Official site. Pictured here parked crew disembarked at UKBA Bassingbourn where the 91st BG is assigned.

Great looking repaints.

Are any of them headed for the Warbirds Library in the near future??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Great looking repaints.

Are any of them headed for the Warbirds Library in the near future??
    I have 2 Coastal Command paints that I am just about done with. I have a couple more that need to be brought up to V2, those should be pretty quick. Then I will be uploading.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

That is looking another great paint tgycgijoes

SOH-CM-2021

Reply to Ian Warren.

Something like this maybe?

Static B17 is by Guy Diotte.

Den.

Den , really need to check these out , really add to the theme ... putting in props , course some places you can do much about the markings

SOH-CM-2021

Static B17.

Of course, neither the airfield or the statics are my own work, so I wont be making them available to others. It's just for my own use you know.

I'm going to add a few P51's and P47's dotted around, and maybe some trees and shrubbery.

The B17 is a bit long in the leg I think, and as for the texture, I wouldn't know how to begin making changes. I use what others have made available, and I thank them for that.

Den.

Be interesting what other fields are out there, I don't have any photo real UK scenery be worth having a scout around.

Didn't quite escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Be interesting what other fields are out there, I don't have any photo real UK scenery be worth having a scout around.
    In the real world? Hundreds. In the virtual world? Not quite as many... What are you looking for? B-17F specific stations?

Ian P.

Charter Member 09
    Thank you for who ever is responsible. I been waiting on a B-17 F. All you young guys love a "G" model with it's ugly and useless chin guns.
    But during the war the only one we knew about was the B-17 Fs with it's O.D. paint.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    In the real world? Hundreds. In the virtual world? Not quite as many... What are you looking for? B-17F specific stations?

Ian P.
    Ian to Ian , Have not check out the field yet , there are two war time fields for B-17 here in the SOH library page 4 in the FSX scenery listing . Deopham Green and Framlingham Suffolk 1944 .

Ian , just checked and looks like you also had a hand in building parts off these scenerys

Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    Thank you for who ever is responsible. I been waiting on a B-17 F. All you young guys love a "G" model with it's ugly and useless chin guns.
    But during the war the only one we knew about was the B-17 Fs with it's O.D. paint.
    With me when first watched the TV series "Twelve 'O'Clock High" ... ' A Quinn Martin production' it was the 'F' that stood out .... then off course having the old Gregory Peck movie on the shelf just to finish me off, brilliant movie for its time .

Here’s a new paint depicting a favorite Tony Starcer nose art of mine, “Wabash Cannonball”. Added some little details like lines and more rivets on the cowlings, a mixture of AH’s and my weathering, a sharper OD/gray line throughout, and even a door handle on the waist gunner’s door. PS, had “Fireball” removed last week because it didn’t have the new cowls – am revising all the textures and will offer a new vs. soon. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cl_B17F_Wabash02.jpg   Cl_B17F_Wabash01.jpg   Cl_B17F_Wabash05.jpg   Cl_B17F_Wabash06.jpg  

Very nice Chuck. First Service Pack due out very soon. Doesn't disturb any paints so keep going lads!

“Wabash Cannonball” paint

Another 91st BG, 401st BS paint. Thanks for that Chuck! Those of us at the FSX 91st BG appreciate the effort.

Paul

USS Dewey DLG-14, ET"C" School Treasure Island-Instructor, OASU/VX-8 Aircrewman

Cool

Superb Chuck, another great paint added, I need to catch the next MP with the B-17s

Thanks guys! Looking forward to the service pack too.

Prop Problems

I downloaded the latest version of the AH B-17F, V1.2 yesterday. Removed V1.1 as they suggested and I am glad that I just moved it out to the desktop. My Bomb Boogie repaint above was created with Paintkit 1.0 and when Paintkit 1.1 came out and all the cowls turned black, had to redo the cowls that were in the new paintkit, but between Butcherbird17 and I figured out where to paint the crew's girlfriends(wives?) on them. OK! Uploaded V1.2 to FSX_A. Looks great! OK Okie repaint the second I have done using the V1.1 paintkit moves over and shows up perfectly. Bomb Boogie, the V1.0 paintkit files aircraft loses its propellers. ??? Uninstalled the V1.2 version from FSX_A and moved in the V1.1 AH B17F folder and it works fine. Please tell me what to do to use the updates of V1.2 Do I have to repaint Bomb Boogie in the V1.2 paintkit? Or just a file that needs replacing in the Bomb Boogie texture. Help appreciated. Thank you. If it ever gets its props back, I could share it here as requested.

Its now a few hours later after Poirot which I enjoy watching...I did an experiment: I replaced the V1.2 texture file (the main one) with the V1.1 texture file which from what I have read was not any part of the updates and voila (comes from watching the "Little Belgian Detective" LOL) everything is normal. Props are on all the aircraft repaints V1.0, V1.1 and I trust will be on V1.2. since above the post says it will not affect any repaints.
    Last edited by tgycgijoes; September 12th, 2015 at 18:32.

Members who have read this thread: 7