Anyone following the Steam Link info?

Thread: Anyone following the Steam Link info?

Anyone following the Steam Link info?

I've been occasionally reading about the forthcoming Steam Link device, which will allow you to wirelessly play steam games on TVs. In my case, my large screen tv is in another room, and connects to my wireless network. This all sounds interesting, so far I've not been able to get a answer to my question, which is: Will the Steam Link work with other controllers, i.e. Saitek X52 setup? Or does it have to be the Steam controller? If so, I am not interested. I much prefer my Saitek controller setup to what Steam advertises to use with their device.

NC

I am hoping another SOH member may have bought this device and tested it with flight controllers. I've posted on Steam's website forum, but no replies yet. NC

N.C. I can tell you that mine works fine with a keyboard and mouse, but i haven't tried a joystick.
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    N.C. I can tell you that mine works fine with a keyboard and mouse, but i haven't tried a joystick.
    Sue
    Thanks for the reply, Sue. I am glad to hear a mouse will work, and am most hopeful that my Saitek 52 setup will also. I wouldn't like flying, using a keyboard. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Sue
    Sue,

Have you tried Steam Link with a joystick yet? Although I gathered from the Steam website that joystick controllers are not supported, I still hold out hope..... Thanks, Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0