AI traffic question?

Thread: AI traffic question?

AI traffic question?

I am trying to get an airplane to take off, do touch and goes, and then land. Here's a little background. I already have a T-37, T-28, and T-34 that do this just as specified by the flight plan. I decided to add Alpha Sim's AT-6 doing T and Gs. I copied and pasted one of the other airplanes flight plan to the traffic file and then changed the aircraft number to match what I assigned to the AT-6. I then made changes to the times so there would be no scheduling conflicts. Well, the other aircraft continue to make T and Gs but, the AT-6 will not. It takes off, flies around for the scheduled amount of time and then returns to base, lands and taxis back to its parking spot. I have already tried removing all the other airplanes.

I've attempted to get the AT-6 to do T and Gs at two separate airbases. NO JOY.

Anyone got any ideas what's happening here? While I'm waiting for someone to get back to me, I plan to see if Wozza's AT-6 will work.

RD

RD, are these VFR plans? Also there is a freeware AI T-6, not sure if you need to save a few framerates.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    RD, are these VFR plans? Also there is a freeware AI T-6, not sure if you need to save a few framerates.
    Yes, they are VFR. I tried Wozza's AT-6 and get the same results. The airplane takes off and just flies until time to return to base....NO TOUCH AND GOES. As I said, I simply copied the traffic plan from another traffic plan which has a Cessna 172 doing T & Gs. All I did was change the Airplane # and airport code. I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with the airport AFCAD as I use that AFCAD with a different time frame scenery with no problems. I switch between retro 1950 and retro 1960. Just depends upon what year I wish to recreate.

I have just about decided to FORGET about the T & Gs as I at least have traffic in and out of the airport.

I would appreciate a link to the freeware AI-T-6 as I think it maybe the airplane rather than the traffic file. Another one of FSX's mysteries.

Thanks

RD

John Young made an AI T-6, I think it was part of the ACG Duxford AI package, but may be available separately. Should be over on Avsim or Flightsim.com.
    Sorry I don't have time to find the link (just about to head off to work), but if you can't find it, I'll have a search later.

Success at last!

Thanks Dave. I found John Young's AI T-6. It did touch and goes just like my flight plan specifies. I then swapped its air file for Alpha Sim's T-6 airfile. I now have Alpha Sim's T-6 doing touch and goes at my scenery project. I'm a happy simmer again thanks to you.

RD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T-6_Landing.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0