Another scenery W.I.P....

Thread: Another scenery W.I.P....

Cool Another scenery W.I.P....

....he, he, rather than finish my current project, I decided to start another one. My friends at SMA (Scenery Makers Anonymous) know what I'm talking about.

The rendering from SketchUp is of one of the hangers at Ashburn Airport, Ashburn, Georgia. Ashburn Airport is another of the many small airports located around South Georgia that have little to no activity at them. There is an Ag Spraying Operation at Ashburn but, that's all.

I have to tell you fellows that I believe that this is the ugliest hanger I have ever seen. I did my best to accurately represent the color of the metal siding. The other hanger has a light "mustard" looking color siding on it. There are only two hangers there along with one single wide and one double wide trailer. Of course there is no service or fuel there.

RD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ashburn_Airport_Hanger_2.jpg  

Yep, lots of ugly hangars at some of the old GA/Dirt/Grass fields but I'd rather do those. . .they have a lot of "character", lol

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Yep, lots of ugly hangars at some of the old GA/Dirt/Grass fields but I'd rather do those. . .they have a lot of "character", lol
    Hi! Did you remember to send in your membership application for SMA? I'm having way to much fun with this stuff.

I agree with you about the "character." It was also my experience when I used to own an airplane and was flying all around South Georgia, and Central Alabama,
    I met a lot of people at these airports who were also "real characters." The man who got me ready for my PPL check ride was in his early eighties at the time. I have a treasured photo of him and me taken the day I passed my check ride. Great memories .

RD

Members who have read this thread: 0