Disappearing scenery?

Thread: Disappearing scenery?

Disappearing scenery?

Anyone know a fix?

Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

what are your system specs now and the last time FSX ran?

Disappearing Scenery

Hi Dave,

I too have had this problem in the past, I am not sure what caused it or that my fix it the most efficient solution?

Using your screen shot as a example to help my description.

Highlight scenery No 16

Click Edit

Scenery library will open, if I am correct under the folder tree the directory will be blank, you will need add the directory name as you can see in my screen shot, you can see ACG RAF Watt is highlighted and the same name is in the Directory section, just click ok and it will have name for No16.

This is very long winded and will need to be done for all your missing scenery's.

I am sure there will be a quicker and more effective way to do it so I will follow your post in case i have the problem again, hope this helps.

Guy.

Check the scenery.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX. If all your entries are still in there, it's more of a display problem in FSX than a corrupted scenery.cfg.

Had this happen once a while back. Some scenery addon installer was to blame, don't remember which one, but it blanked the title descriptions.
    I think the install failed because it tried to install an entry before some scenery layer number and the description wasn't what it expected (maybe ORBYX?).
    I looked in the folder where the scenery.cfg resides and found I had some previous backups from more civilized installations.
    Was easier to start with that and manually update the titles for the more recent entries.

Members who have read this thread: 0