Win 10 the perfect spy operating system BEWARE!!

Thread: Win 10 the perfect spy operating system BEWARE!!

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries

Win 10 the perfect spy operating system BEWARE!!

How fascinating, and how dense can the journos get (answer: very). I've just installed the thing on a separate HD and options to turn off all these "spy" features are presented at installation. Why would I want to leave them on??
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    This is disconcerting !!

Privacy has been an illusion for a long time now. It's just the price we pay for that connectivity we all do so enjoy using.

Short of going completely off the grid, you can only find solace in the concept that you're just one zebra in a herd with hundreds of millions of other zebras, and so you're unlikely to run into the lion.

My real concern about things like this is the increased potential for being caught up in a mass data theft because MS can never completely protect itself from hackers. I recently spoke with the Information Security VP for a large insurance company, and the intrusion rate stats were appalling. Most are by amateurs, but the few successful professional ones still totaled a dozen a day. His strategy was not to stop the intrusion, but to follow them and try to compartmentalize them on the way out, so they would know who it was and limit what they got away with.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

What I don't like is how many things that once could be done anonymously now require an account to use, which often means that whenever you are connected to the internet several different entities have access to your personal information and activities. It wouldn't be so bad if they kept it to themselves, but then they sell it to marketing corporations and others who have very little accountability with what they do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    How fascinating, and how dense can the journos get (answer: very). I've just installed the thing on a separate HD and options to turn off all these "spy" features are presented at installation. Why would I want to leave them on??
    You make the assumption that saying no to these various "features" actually does turn them off.

I watch the admittedly over the top stuff in much of tv drama wherein marvelous things are done with mere keystrokes, such as finding out how a suspect moved about from moment for the past several days, what kind of fast food he was eating, how much money he has in his bank account(s), and all manner of seemingly impossible-to-know data, and am aware that this is only tv: I am also aware that "life imitates art."

Given the utter disregard for anyone's personal privacy these days by any large entity from Google to the US gov, it would not surprise me to learn that the on-off switches for the "spy" features are dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyB View Post
    You make the assumption that saying no to these various "features" actually does turn them off. ... it would not surprise me to learn that the on-off switches for the "spy" features are dummies.
    I do assume this, just as I assume my password login on this machine keeps my kids at bay for the moment. It would also surprise me to learn the "spy" features mean the average MS flunkey knows all about me, especially what's hidden behind the garden shed. Oops, that's torn it...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I was raised in a world where personnel privacy , and freedoms were of paramount importance.
    I realize that maybe out of step for today's thinking.

As my Grandmother used to say "If more kelp their noses out of others lives, we all would be better off"
    That includes any government or businesses too.

If MS is going to gather information on my life, then sell it, I think I should get the profit from this, not them.

Big Brother, isn't welcomed.
    No one, or government or Business has a right (in my beliefs) to "watch over me"
    It is NO ones business but my own.
    Yes we all know for many years we all have been watched over, but that still doesn't make it right or proper to do this.

I think (please note that I am only thinking) that it's important to realize that we've thought for too long that computers/internet were as private as..., well, as our private. In my vision, it appears that computers/internet are part of a world-wide-web, which is more connected that we've ever been thinking. But: whatever anybody might be thinking: 'they' won't ever be able to take our lives/souls... May I note to my fellow believers: "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

I don't want to say anything on a specific company, operating system or anything. Nor I want to alarm anybody. I know the above sounds waay too excited, sorry for that... Please enjoy simming there's a lot of fun to be enjoyed still here
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

There are indeed a lot of things in Windows 10 that can, and I do say CAN, enable Microsoft to find out a lot of things about you, the way you use your PC and the things you are interested in. These things have a certain commercial value.

BUT, there's always a but, people who're PC savvy and who will take their time to find out about the new OS, will be able to turn these things off.

You simply need to go to settings and then privacy. You can even disable them in the registry.

But finally, the sources mentioned:

Aren't the most trustworthy of all. Russia Today? Conservative Focus? Hell, you could even call Fox News "fair and balanced"... None of those sources (Fox included) are trustworthy and all have a hidden agenda.

I'm the first person in the world that will say that Microsoft doesn't always have our interests at heart. But there are worse people and firms around. Politicians and banks to name just two.

The main thing is that Windows 10 is the future. And the future looks very promising indeed!

Johan

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Thank you James, that's very handy!
    Tom

All of this "might" be true. On the other hand. Apart from some marketing info what can they see from me. I'm no big cheese, not even a crumb. A mouse woulnt even give this crumb a second look. If they want to check everything I do they will get so incredibly bored. I don't agree to it but on the other hand, I have absolutely nothing to hide. If its all true, they would use it to try and catch big fish. 99.99999% of all of us are completely uninteresting krill and all the marketing info they need they already have through my google and facebook etc. where all adds on the side of the screen are already targeted to my web surfing preferences. Yes big brother is watching, they have been for years. Telephone conversations are monitored for keywords etc etc etc. But as someone said above. We are just zebra's in a huge herd. Don't get all worked up over conspiracy theories. I dunno how many thousands of gigs of data the FBI wants or gets to monitor each day. Good luck finding me in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    There are indeed a lot of things in Windows 10 that can, and I do say CAN, enable Microsoft to find out a lot of things about you, the way you use your PC and the things you are interested in. These things have a certain commercial value.

BUT, there's always a but, people who're PC savvy and who will take their time to find out about the new OS, will be able to turn these things off.

You simply need to go to settings and then privacy. You can even disable them in the registry.

But finally, the sources mentioned:

Aren't the most trustworthy of all. Russia Today? Conservative Focus? Hell, you could even call Fox News "fair and balanced"... None of those sources (Fox included) are trustworthy and all have a hidden agenda.

I'm the first person in the world that will say that Microsoft doesn't always have our interests at heart. But there are worse people and firms around. Politicians and banks to name just two.

The main thing is that Windows 10 is the future. And the future looks very promising indeed!

Johan
    I suppose that ABC,NBC.CBS,NPR, an MSNBC are paragons of utter truth and don't have a bias. Right.

Windows 10 is the present. MS is merely trying to catch up. I'm not sure I like what the future promises.

I do assume this, just as I assume my password login on this machine keeps my kids at bay for the moment. It would also surprise me to learn the "spy" features mean the average MS flunkey knows all about me, especially what's hidden behind the garden shed. Oops, that's torn it...
    Alright, now I'm curious about what's behind the shed. I'm sending drones. (chortle)

Many years ago in a part of the office where I worked there was a photo lab. Outside the darkroom, there was a door bell button with the wires dangling down, clearly unconnected, and with a sign saying "For service, ring bell." It was intended to be humorous.

We were astonished at the number of people who actually pressed the button! This was in a university, by the way, and several button pushers were faculty.

I'm guessing M$oft is aware of this psychological oddity.

Hello, l think, it's the first time That we have an official information of the spy of our computer ,Microsoft have announced, win10 is scan the computer to "give the Most efficience" to it, it's clear doesn't it.
    before This new évent , the update of our program are using the same way we have accepted Windows update to check the computer...the new thing it's That we can't have the handle to choose what and when

Just wondering how big the shed is.........
    We still have a missing 777 that the whole world is looking for.

okay just in case if anyone here need this (windows 10 RTM only)
    Cannot be use to another windows version

---Use at your own risk---

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sm...ows+Spying.rar

Members who have read this thread: 0