Can somoen export me a copy of the FSX registry keys?......

Thread: Can somoen export me a copy of the FSX registry keys?......

Can somoen export me a copy of the FSX registry keys?......

Ight so basically ive got a plane installer that requires the registry keys to find its target other whys it gives errors extracting each file. But since my install of FSX has migrated 3 PCs, 3 OS's (4 if you count a month of Linux), and about 15 hardware combonations its registry settings are gone. Im not sure if the registry holds the activation keys but if they do it would be acceptable to remove that from the exported data.

Thanks in advance.
    - William

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Ight so basically ive got a plane installer that requires the registry keys to find its target other whys it gives errors extracting each file. But since my install of FSX has migrated 3 PCs, 3 OS's (4 if you count a month of Linux), and about 15 hardware combonations its registry settings are gone. Im not sure if the registry holds the activation keys but if they do it would be acceptable to remove that from the exported data.

Thanks in advance.
    - William
    Sorry

I'm sure that's a breach of the EULA and counts as piracy in MS eyes

Unless I'm wrong

Uh im pretty sure registry data isnt covered in the EULA (unless it contains the activation keys which i specified would need to be cut) and registry datas are exported all the time. Thats neither piracy nor is it illegal.

Edit: Not that rich ass 99 billionare bill gates would notice the missing 5 bucks FSX: Gold pre-steam box's earn him.

Check this:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...try-key.17063/

This key points to your installation path.

It would be better to install it from scratch though, there are many more reg entries for fsx and the addons and you don't know what else might be missing.
    Importing the keys of another installation will most likely fail, because the source system needs to be exactly in the same configuration as the target.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

0.o exactly the same? well my laptop is similiar in configuration (but has the advantage of having a DVD drive installed) so if that thread you linked to doesnt work i suppose ill try the reg data from my laptop which had FSX at onepoint before i realised the X3100 couldnt even run it at low (no really it loaded to the blackish hell of no shader support and crashed). and ive currently got 100GB in addons (no scenary addons) so a reinstall would be painful to say the least. Thank you anyways. I shall endevore on my own now also could a mod lock this topic? the mention of piracy in a forum has a nasty habit of starting flamewars and while i would not expect it from a community of this degree of maturity you can never be to safe.

0.o exactly the same? well my laptop is similiar in configuration (but has the advantage of having a DVD drive installed) so if that thread you linked to doesnt work i suppose ill try the reg data from my laptop which had FSX at onepoint before i realised the X3100 couldnt even run it at low (no really it loaded to the blackish hell of no shader support and crashed). and ive currently got 100GB in addons (no scenary addons) so a reinstall would be painful to say the least. Thank you anyways. I shall endevore on my own now also could a mod lock this topic? the mention of piracy in a forum has a nasty habit of starting flamewars and while i would not expect it from a community of this degree of maturity you can never be to safe.
    You could also make iso's out of your installation disks and install them using Daemon Tools. Installing that way is a lot faster.

Johan

If you download the FSX Registry Utility from this page
    you can create your own registry entry without involving
    anyone else and without breaching any rules.

As ncooper says: that utility has saved my bacon before.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Ya i ran across that after about an hour searching for a fix. Turns out it had the install directory in 1 place but not the other. At anyrate my MilViz F4 Phantom II is working fine now. Turns out the copy my friend sent me is the beta so its prolly gonna be buggy anyways.

... At anyrate my MilViz F4 Phantom II is working fine now. Turns out the copy my friend sent me is the beta so its prolly gonna be buggy anyways.
    I do hope your 'friend' has permission/is entitled to do that...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

William, your request for FSX register keys seemed a bit odd to me from the get go. Now I see you have received a product many of us paid for from a friend. Not really understanding your keys situation. Seems the register reset tool should be all you need for that. Having someone send you an FSX key from their setup is out of line. For sure having someone send you a product that is definitely not freeware is definitely out of line. SOH would consider such a gift a kind of piracy. Looks looks like this thread needs to be closed after hearing about the gift.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 0