My Dad has passed away
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Dad has passed away

My Dad has passed away

Last Monday morning, I received a phone call from my Brother that my Dad had a massive (hemorrhagic) stroke and was put on life support. The ICU was going to try to keep him on life support
    long enough till my two brothers and I got there to see him. By the time I got there it was too late for my goodbyes. I did see him (Private viewing) the next day. When I did see him
    I guess I lost it all. My wife was there to comfort me the best she could. It felt just like a knife going thru my chest. It hurts!!!

My Dad lived to be 91.5 years old. A nice long ride I would day. I know he is in a better world. He out lived my Mom 11 years. So I can imagine that they are both happy now.

He was a WW2 veteran joined the Navy in 1941. Retired as Chief Warrant Officer (CWO3) Aviation Electronics Tech.

My Dad has passed away

I feel your pain. My dad passed a few years ago ( he was a WWII vet, too, invaded Okinawa). My mom passed a few months ago from a stroke. Just remember they are in a much better place now and each week the pain is usually a little less....

My deepest sympathies...

Bill

I also feel your pain.My Dad was only 57 when he died.

Hang in there.

Anthin.

SOH-CM-2023
    My deepest condolences on the loss of your father. But he's crossed the bridge to join his wife so all is not bad.

GE, I sympathize you with the loss of your father. As hard as it is to accept, we begin to die from the day we're born. Throughout life, everything we do affects our longevity as our form here in our world.

Your dad saw a long life, considering.

OT, but. A close friend of mine just lost her mother. I met her and spoke with her on several occasions in the past 6 months. Not to her knowledge, she was outside cutting the grass. She was stung by a bee. She walked in the house to her husband and let him know. They treated the sting with baking powder to draw out the venom. She appeared fine, then back to work cutting the grass she went. 30 minutes later her husband went outside to check on her. She was found on the ground with no vital signs.
    Long story short. After five days on life support, a bee sting took her life

Gray Eagle,im sorry for your loss,my thoughts will be with you and your family....

and also sorry to the rest of you as well..

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Last Monday morning, I received a phone call from my Brother that my Dad had a massive (hemorrhagic) stroke and was put on life support. The ICU was going to try to keep him on life support
    long enough till my two brothers and I got there to see him. By the time I got there it was too late for my goodbyes. I did see him (Private viewing) the next day. When I did see him
    I guess I lost it all. My wife was there to comfort me the best she could. It felt just like a knife going thru my chest. It hurts!!!

My Dad lived to be 91.5 years old. A nice long ride I would day. I know he is in a better world. He out lived my Mom 11 years. So I can imagine that they are both happy now.

He was a WW2 veteran joined the Navy in 1941. Retired as Chief Warrant Officer (CWO3) Aviation Electronics Tech.
    So sorry for your loss. I have a 91 year old great uncle who I am very close to. He was the youngest brother of my grandfather who died in the early 90's. He was a P51 pilot in China in the war. Got shot down and escaped and evaded with the help of the Communist Chinese. I rue the day he will pass. He has been in good health but is getting more frail by the day.

On this day, the 28th anniversary of my father's passing (also a WWII vet), may I offer my condolences on your loss.

cheers,
    Lane

Gray Eagle, you & your family have my condolences for your loss..... May your Father Rest in Peace.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    GE, my condolences on your loss. My dad has been gone since April of 1982, dead at 66 from CHF. He had a hard life being a depression child followed by violent WWII service, on Attu Island followed by combat service in 3rd Army, as a field artillery section chief. As has been mentioned previously, whether we know it or not, we're dying from our first breath of life and it's what happens to you along the way, along with some heredity, that determines when your time will come. I'm glad your dad had a good long life, one that was fulfilling in more than just one way. I still remember that Easter weekend when Dad died and then was buried. It is indeed difficult. God bless you in your grief.

GE, I'm sorry for your loss. I remember the pain very well. Recall the great moments in life with him, smile and hold them dearly.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Icon9 Reply...

Gray Eagle,

My condolences on your loss. My father died from valley fever on October 16th, 2011, and I still miss him every day.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Am so, so sorry to hear your dad has passed. My prayers for you and your family, shipmate. Pete

Very sorry to hear this Grey Eagle. My dad was an Army medic in Italy in WW-II. Passed away in 2003.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Thanks to you all

To all of you, Thank you for your condolences. I appreciate it. About a year ago, my Dad had a giant tumor removed from his leg but some of the cancer had already spread to his lungs. The doctors gave
    him back then about six months. A miracle then ensued where the tumors on his lungs shrunk then disappeared altogether. So, I am thankful for the extra time he had. I just turned 70 this past July 11th
    and my Dad called me to wish me a happy birthday, that was the last time I heard his voice. I told him then that I loved him. I will remember that last phone call and will always hold that in my thoughts.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Don't know what to say but that you are in my prayers . Was very close to my Papaw and he passed on several years ago. Though not the same ,but with faith, God can give you peace and strength to get through these tough times.

I lost my Mom in 2005 and my Dad in 2007(WWII Marine-Iwo Jima & Guam). There isn't a day that goes buy I don't think about them as you will in the coming years . When we are kids we sort of take them for granted but later on in life we really realize how very special they were . I don't think we ever get rid of the grief we just learn how to cope with it and suppress it as time moves on .

Very sorry to hear of your loss gray eagle . You will have a lot of fond memories ahead of you . Wish you and your family the best .

Another Sim-Outhouse family member ,
    Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Condolences and sympathy for your loss.
    I, too, lost both parents within 9 months of each other, Mom first, then Dad. It was a long dark winter.
    Now I think of them daily, but without the pain of the first couple of years or so.

So sorry for your loss.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Sorry to hear that mate. My most sincere condolences!

Take care!

Johan

May your dad rest in peace and may light perpetual shine upon him +

RD

To all of you, Thank you for your condolences. I appreciate it. About a year ago, my Dad had a giant tumor removed from his leg but some of the cancer had already spread to his lungs. The doctors gave
    him back then about six months. A miracle then ensued where the tumors on his lungs shrunk then disappeared altogether. So, I am thankful for the extra time he had. I just turned 70 this past July 11th
    and my Dad called me to wish me a happy birthday, that was the last time I heard his voice. I told him then that I loved him. I will remember that last phone call and will always hold that in my thoughts.
    I was still on active duty when my dad passed in 1993. The day he passed, I talked to him very briefly (just before he went into emergency surgery). My sister was with him, and she put the phone to his ear. I told him I loved him, and would see him soon, hopefully. He passed away in recovery from a heart attack. I had pulled over on Navy Blvd here in Pensacola, and called him from a pay phone. And am so glad I did that day. Pete

Blog Entries
    sorry to hear this.
    Look What I Have Become!

Loosing one's mother and father is one of the hardest things we humans endure. Condolences.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 0