Windows 10 and FS9 and FSX

Thread: Windows 10 and FS9 and FSX

Windows 10 and FS9 and FSX

I am having a problem in using both FSX and FS9 in Windows 10, and it isn't just localized to one computer. It is the same problem on both my laptop and desktop machines.

I have FS9 installed on both machines and FSX installed on the desktop. The laptop using Intel brand HD graphics processor built into it. and the desktop uses an AMD Radeon HD 6670.

The problem is this, when i try to run the sims in Full Screen mode they go to a black screen when i try to use alt key to bring up menus or when i try to bring up check lists. Both sims work fine in windowed mode. i ran "troubleshoot compatibility" on the programs in both machines. This problem isn't limited to just one version of windows either.

The laptop is a Windows Home 64-bit and the desktop is Windows 10 Pro 32-bit.

So the only conclusion i can make these programs are to old for Windows 10, but here i have to say I use other games that are just as old and have no problem. My NASCAR Racing 2003 runs perfect and all my old EA Games Modal of Honor Allied Assault (plus expansions) run nicely under Windows 10

Both Widnows 10 are the release versions

Anyone have any thoughts on this.
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

Blog Entries
    full screen seems to be a problem

see this
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...716#post969716
    Look What I Have Become!

Appears to be Directx 12 problem, these problems didn't really raise their ugly heads until Microsoft integrated Directx 12 into Win10 previews and final release.

I use these computers for other things besides flying and i like the performance increase over Windows 7, so I will learn to live with Windows mode for the sims
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

Some users report success after installing the DirectX 9.0c runtime (June 2010), from Microsoft. I had to do the same with Win7 years ago.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Tried no success with that

Windows 10 installed new GPU drivers on my machine so it could be that although FSX-A and Steam ran it ran at about 4 FPS with horrible stuttering. Most of my older games wouldn't run at all. You should check your GPU drivers to see if they were installed at the same time as 10.

I had trouble getting the new W10 Nvidia drivers to install at first. In fact I tried two different sets several times and both would fail during the install.

My guess was that something was "blocking" the process so I went to look at the Device Manager. I found my video card listed, but with indications there was an issue with it. After I removed the device and then tried re-installing the newest (353.62) drivers, the install went completely through as normal. The default W10 install did install some sort of generic NVidia driver, but what ever it was, kept the normal Nvidia installation program from installing the driver that I wanted.

FSX is up and running in both windowed and full screen modes.

Way to early to make a performance judgement, since it's still basic vanilla FSX, ASN & 1 add-on aircraft so far.

FAC

Simply i Had fs9 ,Full install./loaded from years of ad dons..In a Win 7 Tower CP..Loaded Win 10? lOST IT ALL...Deleted Win 10?? and LO AND BEHOLD..Back to normal....On My Win 7 Tower dedicated to FSX DISK and STEAM??...will not upgrade with Win 10 for a long,long time..

Members who have read this thread: 1