Aloha from Lahaina - toast to Talon's memory

Thread: Aloha from Lahaina - toast to Talon's memory

Aloha from Lahaina - toast to Talon's memory

I was in Maui yesterday so I made it a point to visit Lahaina, Talon's home town. I stopped in Kino's and hoisted a couple of brews for Al, something not so long ago I had hoped I could do in person with him.

Smooth seas and fair winds, Al.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Nice thought and sentiment, CK. Kudos

Before you leave, have one more for us. Place a flower in the surf and say Hi for me.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Icon22 Reply...

Kurt,

Thanks for doing this for us...especially for those who would like to hoist one for Al but cannot get out there to do so right now.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Which airport did you arrive at? We live a few miles from Kapalua Airport which is about 6 miles from Lahaina. When first moved here we lived in Lahaina but moved a few years ago. It's a much better place for the kids.

Al probably would have invited you to a BBQ instead of having a drink. He only had 1 drink since 2003.

Since we have been going to Tahiti for 10 years we've made many friends there.Next week they are going to celebrate Al's life on his birthday for all he has done for the people.Many of you don't know but every year we did a music show to raise money for the underprivileged.

Hiede

Ahhhhh..

...love Maui-- and Star Noodle!

Kent

Hi all, I know most of us feel the same way about missing Al. We band are another kind of Ohana - Hawaiian for family with a capital F.

Hiede, I hope you and your kids are doing okay. We flew into Kahului, flew this morning into Hilo and drove to Waikoloa. I know Kapalua though. I led the design of the re-lighting project there as well as at Kahului. We still need to do the ramp lighting with LEDs but that will be a few months in the future.

I would have enjoyed the BBQ immensely. Not big on Poke though. I know, I know. I'll never meet the basic qualifications for local boy that way, LOL. I thought about you while I was at the dock in Lahaina, I couldn't resist the Atlantis submarine tour, shameless tourist me. I envy your sailing, though personally I've always been a pilot. Do you sail out of Lahaina or Maalaea?

Take care of yourself.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Hi all, I know most of us feel the same way about missing Al. We band are another kind of Ohana - Hawaiian for family with a capital F.

Hiede, I hope you and your kids are doing okay. We flew into Kahului, flew this morning into Hilo and drove to Waikoloa. I know Kapalua though. I led the design of the re-lighting project there as well as at Kahului. We still need to do the ramp lighting with LEDs but that will be a few months in the future.

I would have enjoyed the BBQ immensely. Not big on Poke though. I know, I know. I'll never meet the basic qualifications for local boy that way, LOL. I thought about you while I was at the dock in Lahaina, I couldn't resist the Atlantis submarine tour, shameless tourist me. I envy your sailing, though personally I've always been a pilot. Do you sail out of Lahaina or Maalaea?

Take care of yourself.
    Aloha Captain Kurt,

The kids are doing fine and I took my daughter horseback riding last week for her Birthday.

The BBQ would have been food you would have enjoyed.Burgers,Steak.Chicken and the usual food.

Been to Hilo a few times and drove to see the Volcanoes from there,actually had to turn on the heat in the car at one point because it got a little chilly at that alt.when we came back down turned on the AC,

We keep the boat at Lahaina most times but will move it when a storm is coming.It all depends which direction it comes from.

I also enjoy flying and have been a pilot for over 10 years now and own a Baron58.It comes in handy when family and friends come out here and land in Honolulu. I just fly over and pick them up. I also just like to fly around the Islands.

Hiede

Aloha Hiede,

I'm glad to hear you and the keiki are good.

A Baron, huh? I'm impressed - too much $$ for me, sorry to say. I have a commercial with instrument rating but never got a twin rating. An A36 was the fastest iron I ever flew, but most of my time is in a C177 and the biplanes I built. I flew CAP mountian search and rescue in C182s for a while but that made my wife way too nervous so I eventually gave that up to keep peace. Strangely she never worried about me flying aerobatics. Probably because you have to wear a parachute to comply with FAA regs for that, LOL. Sorry to say I haven't flown for quite a while now. I had two kids to put through college which took $ precendence, but that was more important.

We're heading for Kaua'i tomorrow to stay ahead of Guillermo's track.

Stay safe.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Let me join in....

One to Talon's memory for me, too....

Best Wishes, Hiede.

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart