VC-97D USAF 59596 Airforce One.zip

Thread: VC-97D USAF 59596 Airforce One.zip

VC-97D USAF 59596 Airforce One.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - Cold War

Description: This fictitious repaint shows VC-97D Stratofreighter 45-59596 in the colors of Airforce One. It was never realized. But it has a real historical background. This paint sheme was discussed on the unique VC-97D 45-59596 in the beginning of 1960ies. Completed as the sole YC-97B, later redesignated C-97B and in 1954 to C-97D VIP. The only C-97B built with no rear loading doors and circular windows and luxury. In service until 1969. Written off 1973.

Note that Bob Riveraīs great GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds is in this package. It brings aluminium chrome effect to this repaint. No further files are needed. See Rob_Rivera_org_Read Me.txt for further informations.

Manfred Jahnīs and Team Stratīs FSX Boeing C-97 V.1 Beta Basepack.zip and FSX Boeing C-97G/KC-97G Basepack Update.zip are needed.

These texture sets have been created with Manfred Jahn's excellent paint kit supplied from 'Team Strat'.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit VC-97D USAF 59596 Airforce One.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

That's actually a Special Air Missions (SAM) paint scheme. The Air Force One (AF1) paint scheme differs in several ways, the colors of the forward fuselage, engine cowlings, side stripe and tail. I served in Special Air Missions at Andrews AFB, MD for almost 9 years as an Avionics Communication/Navigation systems technician and supervisor. Shown below, SAM paint on left, AF1 on right. I must say though, that is one helluva good representation of a SAM paint scheme. Looks damn good on the old girl! Fantastic job!
    Old MSgt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 22354_1200491904.jpg   021126-O-9999G-023.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1