Anybody know what happened to these mods sites?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody know what happened to these mods sites?

Anybody know what happened to these mods sites?

Ive been looking around for CFS aircraft and found a few sites with links to other. A few groups and sites that stand out based on what ive been able to gather from various sites around the web but there own sites are down. The groups are:

Fighter Town Designs Group (http://www.fightertown-fdg.com/)
    Tangeo Romeo's Planes
    AER2/Aerodrome World War 1 (http://www.aer.ip3.com/scenery.htm)

and:

CombatFS.com
    Avhistory.com

the one im most concerned about is:

isolliti4gatti.com

that site seems to have had alot of files that werent hosted anywhere else.

i found alot of links to both of these sites which appear to be down. According to the wayback machine they all seem to have died around 2006-2007.

Does anybody know what happened to the groups or the files from those websites?

People found another hobby or moved to another sim.

Many Italian aircraft which were available at isolliti4gatti.com can still be found here: http://www.italianwings.it/

I can tell you about CombatFS, it was purchased from David Smith in 2001 by sim-outhouse.com. The CFS files were all moved to SOH soon after and is the basis for the Warbirds library. David Smith (WreckRman2) and I founded CombatFS in 1998 just before the release of CFS1 and at that time I moved the Warbirds Library from Air-America at Geocities to CFC (Combat Flight Center) or Combatfs.com. SOH was started after WreckRman2 and I had a falling out so soon after that I purchased WreckRman2's interest and combine CombatFS.com and SOH. SOH was an idea Tekworm had to fill a void in the CFS community, so Canelo, Ickie, Tekworm, Douglas, Moparmike, Willy and Henry started SOH. After a few years we dropped the URL combatfs.com but kept the name 'Combat Flight Center' or CFC as it was called at the time. So SOH is CombatFS.

If you scroll to the bottom of this screen on the left side is a pull-down styles menu, choose 'CombatFS/CFC (Fluid)' style and SOH shows CombatFS as it was.

All CombatFS files are in the Warbirds Library.

Later we also took in Netwings and their CFS files also AVHistory and their files, all are now in the Warbirds Library. Since 2001 SOH has saved as many CFS resources as possible as CFS sites faded away. SOH would have faded away too without the expansion into the larger FS community.

More CFS stuff can be found at http://www.com-central.net and http://www.raf662.com/

I was asking because im building a museum site of sorts... stay tuned

Blog Entries
    Hi William,

You've probably been here already but a lot of old stuff ended up here:

http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/Newtoflight.htm
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I have all the older isolliti4gatti.com
    Aircraft and ships still loaded into my advanced CFS3 install.

Several of the Italian aircraft/items are now here at SOH also in the CFS3 downloads.
    Grizzly, has much of this also.
    He was working on restoring the files .

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    the one im most concerned about is:

isolliti4gatti.com

that site seems to have had alot of files that werent hosted anywhere else.
    I had to quit the whole lot of flight-simming and shut down the IS4G site due to some health problems of mine that completely absorbed my energies.

Don't even have the files stored somewhere myself.
    Wish to thank all the ones that saved and stored them here or elsewhere.

Now that the dust has settled, in a way, I am, slowly, coming back to flight simulation.

Corrado

And it's good to hear from you again Corrado, welcome back!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Oh, wow ciao Corrado!

Good to hear from you again, and the better as you seem to recover....

The IS4G was my first site to download models from, for CFS1 first, until CFS3 before it went down. Still flying the "good old" CR42 in CFS3, alongside with the CR25 and other models of yours from time to time.

Carlo

I have a few links and contacts if you need them.

Tango_Rome's work is at Sim-V. If you have anything in mind let me know. Please note that none of Tom's work can be uploaded here without His permission. Long story...

AER_DaddyO is still around and might have some of the old Aerodrome stuff. Him and I are working on updating some files.

The Free Flight Site has a lot of rare AC's. In most cases they are un altered versions.

The rest is either here or at Sim-V.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Corrado, welcome back!
    Much rejoicing!!

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Corrado,

its good to see you back, and even better to hear things are picking up for you health wise.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Welcome back Corrado! Very glad to hear that you are on the mend! You will find the CFS3 you left is very much not the one we have now. Lots has changed and it's better than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    You will find the CFS3 you left is very much not the one we have now. Lots has changed and it's better than ever.
    I have downloaded a few addons and much enjoying them, including the Pacific expansion ones.

Since I was at it wanted to see if I could still make a plane; picked up a few japanese models that looked missing and had a try at it.
    Have a look HERE. Very simply done, should be considered as AI planes made flyable; all the basics are in, I think, but nothing more.

Any volunteers for beta testing?

BTW: models are Ki 32, 44, 48, 51.

Yes, please.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrado5834 View Post
    I have downloaded a few addons and much enjoying them, including the Pacific expansion ones.

Since I was at it wanted to see if I could still make a plane; picked up a few japanese models that looked missing and had a try at it.
    Have a look HERE. Very simply done, should be considered as AI planes made flyable; all the basics are in, I think, but nothing more.

Any volunteers for beta testing?

BTW: models are Ki 32, 44, 48, 51.
    Yes!! Please.. I am working on some AVG missions in Rising Sun expansion right now.
    This would be nice to test for ya.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

looking,looking

Ya'll got me curious .Started looking though my CFS3 cd/dvd collection-(very large !),for a payware set of Japanese fighters that was released many years back. I don't even know were i bought them.I remember they were nice and detailed but handled a little too good. You definitely did not want to go up against almost any of them one-on-one ! I'll try and find out more about them. Enjoying KTO , BoB and firepower/1%AvH editions too much right now to get into the PTO and other editions and am only using a laptop temporarily till my gaming pc is built. When built i am looking forward to installing and enjoying all of the CFS3 editions.Hope it doesn't take too long to save the money needed , if nothing else breaks!! It's good to hear from you,corrado,good to see you're doing better too.I was kinda away for a while too(health). Forgot just how much fun this hobby is!

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Thanks MajorMagee , Those are it. A nice edition for the PTO series-(even if it is payware). The home page i found allow the purchase for the aircraft . http://www.aerosim.co.jp/eigo/page1_e.htm

Beta pack uploaded HERE.

Please report to MC5834@hotmail.it , thanks.

Corrado

nice set Corrado. Thought of making those aircraft at one time or another.

Blog Entries
    Good to see you posting again Corrado and glad the health issues are a little better.

Very nice set of aircraft there, I like the Ki48 particularly. Thanks for sharing.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Blog Entries
    Thanks Corrado . Your models look fantastic ! A great addition to the PTO series.

Corrado old friend so glad to see you are still around and doing better
    boys of 60 unofficall mad modder" and dyslexic extraordinaire MY OFF FLIGHT GROUP http://www.freewebs.com/dovesandhawks/:typing:

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Bravo!
    Thanks for these, Are you going to upload these at some point?

If so, I would like to use them in missions for all to use.
    Thanks..
    Off to give them a nice wrecking..

Members who have read this thread: 3