New N3N landplane

Thread: New N3N landplane

New N3N landplane

Just up at Simviation a N3N wheeled biplane trainer by AF Scrubb

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Vintage-66-0

I'm on my way out for the day, but a quick look reveals a decent external model and a functional VC. Some upgrade in texturing (4096x4096) will go a long way to giving it a better feel so that will be my project starting this evening.

After a longer look. . .I deleted this aircraft, lol. I would have to say. . .Not his best.

sorry to say I expected as much - not an author I usually look to for downloads...

This thread just makes me wonder about the former maam-sim N3N that was handed off to another developer...

I received a PM shortly after Jan let me know who to query about it a while back - very brief reply indicating it would be a long wait...sadly

but whenever there is an update I think a lot of folks will be excited about it
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    . . . . .This thread just makes me wonder about the former maam-sim N3N that was handed off to another developer...
    I received a PM shortly after Jan let me know who to query about it a while back - very brief reply indicating it would be a long wait...sadly
    but whenever there is an update I think a lot of folks will be excited about it
    Yea, I remember seeing the thread that mentioned someone else taking over the development. . .and you're right, a lot of folks will be excited to see it released. . .or at least a nice update on where it stands.

Scratch one I take you at your word, didn't even try it.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I will throw this bird on our list of to-do's....its a long list but this bird has got to be done

Blog Entries

Actually, I think it has great possibilities...

As someone mentioned yesterday that Scrubb's newest addition deserves some new high-def repaints,
    I decided to do a 2D panel bmp from scratch to replace the "rather" rudimentary one included with
    the model.... as well as new textures...
    I think the textures can be done very nicely... at least in my modest estimation... I think I can turn it
    into a decent model... the textures will take a couple of days...
    Present bmp available as usual.... comments or suggestions welcome

G.

I've never used a 2D panel...but if the VC can be made to look like that I would download this model
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Nice 2D panel....inspires me to take a look at the plane...

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post

As someone mentioned yesterday that Scrubb's newest addition deserves some new high-def repaints,
    I decided to do a 2D panel bmp from scratch to replace the "rather" rudimentary one included with
    the model.... as well as new textures...
    I think the textures can be done very nicely... at least in my modest estimation... I think I can turn it
    into a decent model... the textures will take a couple of days...
    Present bmp available as usual.... comments or suggestions welcome

G.
    Your panel really does it justice gaucho.

Blog Entries

Thank you for the kind words...

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    Your panel really does it justice gaucho.
    Now I am going to try work on the VC incorporating the same type of tableaux...
    nothing ventured nothing won as they say....

G.

Members who have read this thread: 0