NASCAR Aero

Thread: NASCAR Aero

Lightbulb NASCAR Aero

Lots of stuff going on here - shift is beginning swing away from mechanical grip...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KyleBuschEarlyPic.jpg   482069600.jpg   NASCAR+Sprint+Cup+Series+Crown+Royal+Presents+8bom8CLYNs9x.jpg  

Yep, the goal is to create aero packages that allow cars to pass rather than getting stuck behind another car. It also decreases the aero advantage of being the lead car. We've seen instances where a slower car inherits the lead due to cautions and pit stops, but better cars cannot catch the leader because they must contend with the aero forces created by surrounding cars.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Aero on a Breeze Block?????
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Yep, the goal is to create aero packages that allow cars to pass rather than getting stuck behind another car. It also decreases the aero advantage of being the lead car. We've seen instances where a slower car inherits the lead due to cautions and pit stops, but better cars cannot catch the leader because they must contend with the aero forces created by surrounding cars.
    Yeah I know - but there goes "rubbin' is racin'..."

Hey All,

I think you need to read the assessments of this package by the drivers and NASCAR. There are issues with it and it did not seem to work. What NASCAR wants is the slicing and dicing action of IndyCars on the big ovals and/or more pack racing slingshots. That way we will have more races with the "big one". I have no problem messing with rules packages but they have to find a more equitable way for teams to adjust. If you spent a bunch of money testing under "old" rules and another team tested under "new" rules seems unfair to me.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    they have to find a more equitable way for teams to adjust.
    -Ed-
    Seems like the impossible task to me.
    Remember the days when one manufacturer got ahead? And then NASCAR would subsequently penalize that team by forcing them to remove a quarter inch here and there...

Members who have read this thread: 0