CFS2 crashs at loading scenary on windows 7

Thread: CFS2 crashs at loading scenary on windows 7

CFS2 crashs at loading scenary on windows 7

Im having a bit of trouble getting CFS2 to run on windows 7. ive tried all the normal tricks. UAP and DEP are off. ive tried running as admin, ive tried lowest settings, ive tried different reselutions, ive tried everything. No addons installed atm. Im using a no-CD crack since i dont keeep a CD drive installed anymore due to everything being digital on the glorious PC Master Race. I dont think thats the problem since i use that same one on my laptiop for portability reason and it works just fine even though my laptop is much less powerful than my desktop and i run at max settings on it (1024x768 res).
    just for reference the laptop is (1GB DDR2, Core 2 Duo T5200 1.5GHZ, 160GB HDD, and a GMA X3100 and Win 7 32-bit, 2 Screens (1024x768 and 720P respectivly). and it only lags during massive full screen exlosions despite me running at max settings). Due to this i can also rule out the CPU or RAM since those are relativly similiar. the desktop im trying to get to comply is:

Dell Optiplex KP551 Mobo, 3x PCI, 1x PCI-E 1,1 x16 rated for a 65w Dual Core
    Dell Optiplex 330 Low Profile case with all plastic and alot of metal cut away to accomadate the full size GPU.Case kept open panel, most of the cooler has been cut away and is partly supported by the GPU due to aformentioned size issues. Cooled by 12inch deskfan 2 inchs from the case pointiong directly into the case.
    Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5GHZ (95 watt quad core in a mobo that doesnt support it anyway, but so far has givin me no issues since i consider 90C a safe running tempeture since the CPU is only about 30 bucks).
    MSI Gaming NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750TI 2GB @ PCI-E1.1
    4GB PNY Optima DDR2 667MHZ
    1TB Total Storage.
    Creative Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi usb with EAX 5 and THX Trustudio Pro (Currently Disabled)

CFS2 is installed on my flash drive but it runs fine off it on the aformentioned PoS laptop. So also not the issue. Judging by the similiaty of the two CPUS and the Two types of RAM in the two comps we can safely assume that those and the flash drive are not the issue. With UAC and DEP disabled those are not the issue. Therefore CFS2 must be incompatible with one of the following components of my dekstop or its configuration: The Graphics Card, The Video Card, or the SoundCard. Despite the clear issues with how this ssystem was put together, i can assure its not the componetnets as ive ran Metro Last Light, all the TES and Fallout Games with 100-200 mods each and all HD overhauled to the max, Just Cause 2, Dying Light and many others maxed out 1080P for hours over the past week or so without issue and with no framerate Issues. I do run at a weird monitor res that some games hate (1792x992) but i dont think thats the issue as ive tested other res's and my desktops 2nd monitor which is 1280x1024 native and it has the same issues on that (which is how we can rule out the dual monitors is somehow causing the crash, as both comps run 2 monitors)

Here is a copy of the errors Text:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: cfs2.exe
    Application Version: 7.50.0.917
    Application Timestamp: 31313931
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00000000
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

by at loading scenary i mean that it freezes at the text loading scnary after clicking fly, the text loading scenary appears but not the loading bar that is normally below it. 10 seconds later i am greeted by Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator Module has stopped workin with the above error.

I think you're looking too hard at the hardware. Are you running an "all stock" scenery installation or have you installed any addon scenery? If you're still running stock, you may have a corrupted file in the mix...hard to find...uninstall the sim and reinstall. Make sure you back up all customized aircraft and ships first.

If you've installed addons, take them out via the scenery library interface and delete them from the hard drive. Fly a few sessions for reassurance before reinstalling the addons.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Uh i dont think that could be the issue. this install is on a flash drive and it functions perfectly on my laptop. Just not my desktop. Never the less i will try your suggestion.

William,

Which aircraft are you trying to fly with? Free Flight or Quick Combat? Do you normally load a flight to see the VC view or 2D panel?

I know there are some add-on planes that are using gauges that my WIN 7 system doesn't like - the symptoms you describe are similar to what I see when I load a plane with a bad gauge called out as part of the VC view.

The other idea is a long shot.
    When I first started with my current WIN 7 system, I loaded CFS2 using the disks. I think this action puts something into the root directory that tells the OS CFS2 is present as a program (but I'm not sure).
    Once this first install is done, you can then copy/ paste any number of tweaked installs & it will run them all, or as you say, even run direct from a USB memory stick.

I normally do quick battle (my usual daily warm up is my F4 Wildcat against an 6 bomber mix). To answer your question it turns out the install had the FDG A20G and the Alpha Simulations Wellington installed and i installed CFS2 over that leaving those in place by mistaking, but as you will read below, due to my hastily made mistake, i may have figured out the solution to the problem (assuming that there is a way to do what im thinking)
    And as for the bad aircraft gauges i wouldnt know how to tell. Seeing as how there from well known and presumably experienced groups i assume thats not the issue though. and with a bit of irony my HDD (a HDD i cant remove at this point for reasons i wont waste youre time explaining) are using this computers only spare drive cabled which originally hooked up to the DVD Drive.

And i installed CFS2 over my old CFS2 directory on the flash drive. and that left my mods in place. (this was all by accident) but after this it ran with no errors on my desktop until i installed another plane (all my addons have had SceneDB and ObjectDB folders) at which point i ended up with the same error. So i got to thinking what is the first thing a new CFS2 install does? It REBUILDS the Scenery Database. So im assuming the addons scenery and object files while working fine on my laptop without a scenery database rebuild, for some reason or another cause a crash on my desktop. So ive come to the conclusion it must be the Scenery Database not being up to date with the files in it (or perhaps dragging and dropping the addons DB folders into the main CFS2 directory isnt the proper installation method?) is causing the crash. This would make sense seeing as how the laptop is 32-bit, and the desktop is 64-bit windows. The 64-bit version handles data a bit differently (dont ask for details, i dont know THAT much). Anyways is there anyway to force CFS2 to rebuild its scenery database as if it was a first time run?

William

Scenery needs to be added/activated through the scenery library in the sim, a simple drag & drop isn't enough.

Moving to a 64-bit environment throws us a few curved balls.
    Panels with rear view mirrors don't work any more
    1024 x 768 2D panels cause the game to hang

& as I'm finding some gauges make the loading unstable & unreliable (even though they work flawlessly on a XP OS install). Virtually all the models & scenery for this sim were created in a 32-bit environment. However reliable they were on good ole XP, doesn't mean they work just the same on the "new, improved" OS that Microsoft has convinced us is essential to modern life.

Go slow, & don't change too many things at once. CFS2 as a sim is essentially part finished code, & is notorious for not liking too many changes applied all at once.

Hell, even my business accounts software now recommends 4Gb of RAM!!! Good grief, for a bean-counting programme?... If you ask me, coders just got very sloppy...

Now, where's that i386 I had in storage ...

LOL you want to see half finished code? Get a copy of Arkham Knight xD. But thanks for confirming that the scenery may be the issue. and while looking for addons i noticed a site that used to have alot of skins for the A20G (my favorite WW2 aircraft) had died http://sopwithc.wetpaint.com/page/Downloads+Page+6 . Is that modder still active/or have another site?

Btw as for the business software wtf? I can run Metro Last Light/1080p30fps on 4GB ram, and that has to be an order of magnitude more demanding.
    and as for the i386, i had an AMD Athlon 64 i kept but i bent the pin at one point or another xD.

Icon18 Sopwith's A-20 repaints

William,

Not to worry, most if not all of SopwithC's repaints are here.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...on&childcats=1

I think they're on page 4?

Icon2

Hi William and UncleTgt,

Have this one in my BM's. It looks to be still active. Link

the wikia link has been vandalized. It redirects to sopwithc.wetpaint.com which is down OR worse yet open 2-3 browser tabs (that cause my anti-virus to light up like the 4th of july) so it has more or less been vandalized into an malicious attack site. Ill be messaging sopwith regarding that.

Members who have read this thread: 0