Douglas A20 Havoc - Page 10
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas A20 Havoc

Shessi, Its obvious that tjsdn1375 is not a native English speaker and most probably uses translation software. And to be honest I love his enthusiasm, therefore he has been asked kindly, on several occasions, not the inform about the progress and release date of a model this frequent.

The sad thing is that he most probably just doesn't understand these requests.

I understand that a similar thing happened at the fsdeveloper forum.

Huub

For you A-20 Havoc enthusiasts, just FYI, it is still a WIP. We are trying to wrap up the Mallard Turboprop, then I will be back on this one 100%.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-may-16-014.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-may-16-012.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-may-16-011.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-may-16-010.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-may-16-009.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Oh yes! That will do nicely
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Great news, looking forward to its ongoing progress.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Great news, looking forward to its ongoing progress.
    Thank you. I have made some progress in the VC not previously posted and will continue in this vain most vigorously once the Mallard TP is wrapped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-may-18-009.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-may-18-010.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-may-18-011.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks for the update. When it comes to flying warbirds this will get me out of the Tigercats for a while. I'm really excited about finally having a good A-20 in FS.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thank you. I have made some progress in the VC not previously posted and will continue in this vain most vigorously once the Mallard TP is wrapped.
    Gorgeous mesh, Sir - control column is fabulous :-)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries

vein???

Confused...
    G.

Speling is not my forty, but wots the mater with that?

is this an attempt at humour on your part, or are you being pompous by letting us know how to spel little words? As Shakespears wrote all those years ago 'spelynge is in the eye of the beholder'

Andy.

Looks like another beauty in the works, Milton. And I get to do what I enjoy almost as much as flying your superb creations.... follow the progress from start to finish. The radial powered Mallard was an enjoyable adventure, the Experimental Republics were a real joy to watch come to life. The Avia Series was second to none... those were the good ol' days. What exquisite models those turned out to be. I'm sure the Havoc will be a winner too. I'm glad you and your talented team are still with the FS9 crowd Milton. And if you need anything, you know where I'll be... lol!

Cheers -- BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

My last post was rude. My apologies, and I'm glad we're back on topic.

Andy.

The model and VC look really very promising Milton!

Thank you for picking this one up again!

Huub

Blog Entries

My apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Speling is not my forty, but wots the mater with that?

is this an attempt at humour on your part, or are you being pompous by letting us know how to spel little words? As Shakespears wrote all those years ago 'spelynge is in the eye of the beholder'

Andy.
    I'm sorry you felt offended... it was not my intention to do so... it is just that it was confusing to me... because I couldn't figure out what the hell your were saying...
    I don't really give a hoot is you can spell or not... but in English... as in any other language...it is important to understand what someone says... otherwise...
    why listen at all!!!
    Although your reply was rude... I didn't feel offended... try it sometime... just let things go by without becoming defensive...
    Cheers

G.

Thanks for the comments guys; now that is clear, let's get back on topic. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank you Milton

Milton, from the A-26 to the Aero Commanders, from the XP-47 projects to the F7F Tigercat and on, I have been enjoying your aircraft, and the ones you have worked on, immensely. You know, one of the most important lessons that I have learned in the last few harrowing years of my life, is the most precious commodity that one human can give to another is their time. And you, sir, have given much of your time to us in the form of these great aircraft. In that, I thank you very much.

And that statement, everyone, just about says it all. Well said, sir

Quote Originally Posted by mazdarodi View Post
    Milton, from the A-26 to the Aero Commanders, from the XP-47 projects to the F7F Tigercat and on, I have been enjoying your aircraft, and the ones you have worked on, immensely. You know, one of the most important lessons that I have learned in the last few harrowing years of my life, is the most precious commodity that one human can give to another is their time. And you, sir, have given much of your time to us in the form of these great aircraft. In that, I thank you very much.
    mazdarodi, thank you for your very kind and thoughtful words. You are most gracious Sir. The team members over the years represent some of the best available for freeware work and it is their contributions that made the aircraft what they became. I have been very fortunate to experience their gifts to the community through our projects.

The attached file is a good summary of the DB-7 and A-20 variants and their use throughout the WWII era and theaters. This will likely stir the pot a little and give ideas for future paint schemes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/55k9wka1uz...Havoc.pdf?dl=0

The number of variants I do will be somewhat limited as there are so many configurations (noses, nacelles, fuselage differences, armaments, etc.).

I intend to focus on the A, B, C, and G (late); uncertain yet about the J but a possibility.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Love this picture of a freshly completed A-20 being pulled off the assembly line.

I am currently working on the virtual VC fleshing out all the right side instruments, radios, and switches. Lots to do yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A-20_attack_bomber_leaves_the_assembly_line-s.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Got to love the G version with all guns!

Quote Originally Posted by NathanT28 View Post
    Got to love the G version with all guns!
    You bet Nathan. I really like all the versions; the early ones had their appeal as well.

Still plugging away in the VC; will take some time yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-jun-12-003.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-jun-12-004.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-jun-12-006.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-jun-12-009.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

You bet Nathan. I really like all the versions; the early ones had their appeal as well.

Still plugging away in the VC; will take some time yet.

Take your time, I know its been ages since the only REAL flying A-20 got restored, I can wait for the A-20 in FS9

Speaking of which, if anyone is going to be attending Airventure at Oshkosh at the end of next month, Rod Lewis' A-20 Havoc, the only one flying in the world (completed/flying since last summer) - the same one I've posted a bunch of photos of to this thread- is slated to be making its first public airshow debut at Oshkosh this year: http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa...enture-oshkosh

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Speaking of which, if anyone is going to be attending Airventure at Oshkosh at the end of next month, Rod Lewis' A-20 Havoc, the only one flying in the world (completed/flying since last summer) - the same one I've posted a bunch of photos of to this thread- is slated to be making its first public airshow debut at Oshkosh this year: http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa...enture-oshkosh
    Oh that's excellent news - maybe there'll be some nice video material as a result. Certainly would be indispensable for sound wav. resources.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Yep Rod is bringing his A-20 to OSH, now I wish he would bring it to Wings Over Houston as well!

Members who have read this thread: 3