Douglas A20 Havoc - Page 16
Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas A20 Havoc

Just an update after some quiet time of due diligence.

The models are off to the Firekitten paint shop as we continue working on custom animations and move into the panel and gauge work.

The four exterior models have many configurations available, and most of that work is now done.

We will be busy for awhile but know that we are working diligently every day to bring this project to fruition.

Thanks for being patient.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-sep-16-002.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-sep-16-005.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-sep-16-011.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-sep-16-015.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-sep-16-018.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries
    I can hardly wait to see the end result!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    I can hardly wait to see the end result!
    Ted
    Thanks Ted; they are shaping up nicely with features and options, even the flight model is representative of the POH handling notes and a good hand-flyer.

I am looking forward to seeing the textures begin to take shape as Spokes2112 fleshes out the panel and gauges, and effects.

BTW, I received my new case fans today. :-) They look great.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The four models were sent to the paint shop 4 weeks ago but real world priorities have limited the progress. We'll just have to be patient on this one.

Meanwhile Spokes2112 and I have taken a breather to rejuvenate after some pretty heavy custom programming progress on model load-outs regarding munitions, crew, weight, and fuel. Work has begun on gauges now.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Rest well. Eagerly & patiently awaiting your return.

Take your time, you deserve it.

It gives us more time to enjoy all your other contributions to the flight simming community

(That doesn't mean that I am not eagerly awaiting the release of this beauty)
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    The four models were sent to the paint shop 4 weeks ago but real world priorities have limited the progress. We'll just have to be patient on this one.

Meanwhile Spokes2112 and I have taken a breather to rejuvenate after some pretty heavy custom programming progress on model load-outs regarding munitions, crew, weight, and fuel. Work has begun on gauges now.
    I did notice that all the wheels and tires are still attached to my A and B-26 Invaders.... usually when there is a push to get a new "Shupe Industries" beta in the air, there is a plane parked outside on the ramp up on jacks, with the wheels missing. Hmmm... My ol' buddy Nigel is usually the culprit and always comes clean when this is the case. So I'm sure that sooner or later I will walk out some sunny morning and find a wheel-less airplane, but the wait will be worth it...

Take as much time as you need, Milton. I miss not reading about the progress but I'm sure things will be rolling along soon enough. And if you really need a set of wheels and tires, feel free!! lol!

As ever -- BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Hi,
    Looking forward to this beauty. I don't have much in the way of tools, but jumpleads and a footpump can be available, if necessary.....

Andy.

Ah, thanks for your comments and patience. The time has changed here in the states, nights are longer and a bit cooler. That usually makes for more available time and interest in getting these projects moving again.

Spokes2112 had a bit of setback but he is now on the mend. I have been twiddling my thumbs for 4 weeks and generally focused on the non-virtual world. I have not heard from Firekitten (on the paint work) who has been dealing with a busy season at work. So, not sure how this proceeds but I am ready to move forward when the rest of the team frees up.

I appreciate your continued interest and hope that we can ultimately get this project in your hands.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I've been following the A-20's progress, and look forward to the day when it's finished! I would love to help with some textures, but I'm just too busy with a busy season at work at this time.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    I've been following the A-20's progress, and look forward to the day when it's finished! I would love to help with some textures, but I'm just too busy with a busy season at work at this time.
    Thanks Mark; no problem; we must await Firekitten's paint kit anyway to minimize your efforts. May as well be patient until then. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    No rush my friend you have always given your best to the rest of us!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by MattJeo11 View Post
    Greatness takes time.
    ... and focused effort. Seems the last 6 weeks, we have been a bit lax. Waiting for cold, long evenings and RW to slow down here I guess. Trying to get this train going again though. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Happy to report we have some textures action WIP now thanks to Wellis (FSX) and Sascha66 (FS9). Feels great to have this moving again.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Happy to report we have some textures action WIP now thanks to Wellis (FSX) and Sascha66 (FS9). Feels great to have this moving again.
    Great news, Milton!

BB686

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In the hands of two most talented and respected gentlemen, and friends - will be eagerly looking forward to this exciting and gloriously modeled package.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Been pretty quiet here lately... Just wanted to make sure this one didn't slip off the front page....

BB686

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post

Been pretty quiet here lately... Just wanted to make sure this one didn't slip off the front page....

BB686
    Hi Tom,

We are making progress with textures now thanks to Wellis (FSX) and Sascha (FS9). Wellis is working on laying down basic panel lines now before the rivets come on.
    I haven't heard from Sascha over the holidays so not sure where his progress is right now.
    I still have a little work yet in the cockpits left and some gauge work to do.
    Due diligence ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-dec-26-007.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-dec-26-008.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The model is shaping up nicely, very clean and well defined panel lines so far. A very accurate representation. Aside from all that, you have meticulously captured that "HEAVY" stance with this model that the real A-20 had when it was sitting on the ground. Definitely looking forward to the end result... albeit a bit of a wait. But it'll be worth it.
    (Meanwhile, back at the dispersal... Nigel and Tom recently discovered in the back of the maintenance hangar, a stash of ouzo, covered with a tarpaulin labeled: "Property of Matt Wynn". Hmmm, wonder what the little bloke is up to these days?).
    Hope you're doing well... wherever the bloody hell you are.

BB686

Blog Entries

More to it than meets the eye!

Hi Tom,

We are making progress with textures now thanks to Wellis (FSX) and Sascha (FS9). Wellis is working on laying down basic panel lines now before the rivets come on.
    I haven't heard from Sascha over the holidays so not sure where his progress is right now.
    I still have a little work yet in the cockpits left and some gauge work to do.
    Due diligence ...
    Excellent work and Progress, Wellis - all those accurate panel ines and the rivetting that will follow on, is a task not for the faint-hearted.

Great job in very capable hands.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Blackbird686... Nigel and Tom recently discovered in the back of the maintenance hangar, a stash of ouzo, covered with a tarpaulin labeled: "Property of Matt Wynn". Hmmm, wonder what the little bloke is up to these days?).
    Hope you're doing well... wherever the bloody hell you are.

BB686[/QUOTE]

Greetings, Tom!

Nigel

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

G'day Nigel...

It's pretty quiet around here these days, and you know when that happens... the boys will be in mischief. Recon sooner or later Matt's stash of ouzo would turn up. Seen any "tooms" busting over your quiet little valley these days?

Cheers -- BB686

When will the Douglas A20 Havoc be released?

Quote Originally Posted by ksw1375 View Post
    When will the Douglas A20 Havoc be released?
    Hello KSW1375, :-)

I do not know; never did know, and maybe never will know.

But at 70 years of age, I have learned a few things. If you work really hard, stick to your commitments, stay focused, surround yourself with good people, be respectful, kind, fair and patient, that you will have a pretty good chance at succeeding.

Ahhh yes, there will be some who, in spite of their focus and talent and good intentions, will fall by the wayside and leave a big ol' pothole in your path to success. That's normal; that's life, but you trudge on toward the goal and eventually, God willing, all the hard work, team effort, tenacity and grit pays off. Patience has not always been my strong point but dogged tenacity has. So, unless I fall by the wayside, we will get this one out, finished or unfinished.

EDIT: I might add that right now, and for some time, there are some people working long hours in the paint booth to move this forward, and we want to see it completed as much as anyone. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 3