Douglas A20 Havoc - Page 13
Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas A20 Havoc

Thanks for your comments; they are appreciated.

Working solid these last few days to flesh out the A-20C exterior and infrastructure in the bomb bay plus door opening mechanism, gunners area, and communications area, plus some "C" style wing tip lights, exhaust headers, pilot's hatch curtains, openers, and door brace, changed the cowl flaps to "C" style, etc.

Need to add a few ammo boxes, etc. to the gunners area and a life raft to the upper rear cockpit area before moving on.

Not sure what to do about the ventral gunner opening and MG. I have many pictures and manuals. I have yet to see that door open except in drawings; never open in flight. Could be that when in defensive mode, no time for taking pictures. That area is really just for spot view eye candy so may not be worth the addition and polys.

The bulkheads and panel infrastructure between the bomb bay, communications areas, and rear gunners were quite the challenge, and not as much fun as the challenge to animate the bomb bay doors opening mechanism.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-17-004.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-17-005.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-17-006.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-17-009.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-17-011.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Icon22 Reply...

Milton,

Love the work, your attention to detail is pretty amazing! This is my favorite American light bomber / attack aircraft. It was popular with the British and Soviets as well!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Milton,

Love the work, your attention to detail is pretty amazing! This is my favorite American light bomber / attack aircraft. It was popular with the British and Soviets as well!
    Thank you Rami. I will make the model or gmax source available for the CFS2 techies as they wish. Would also be happy to generate a flight model for CFS2 if required.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

That's looking great! I would also vote for not having an operating ventral gunner position. I'm not really going to notice it, because I will be spending most of my time in the cockpit.

Icon22 Reply...

Milton,

You can do that, but the A-20 that Tango Romeo did for CFS2 is more than sufficient. We should be okay either way.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Another day and I should be wrapped up with the A-20C. The cockpit will be merged in from the "G" model.

Here are a few wire frame screenshots to show construction bones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-18-003.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-18-004.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-18-005.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-18-007.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-18-006.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    I gotta quit napping and pay more attention to the FS9 side of the house Milton...AWESOME!!!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    I gotta quit napping and pay more attention to the FS9 side of the house Milton...AWESOME!!!
    Ted
    LOL Thank you Ted. And to your credit, I am still developing and running on the awesome PC you built for me in July 2009. It performs awesome and without issues to this day in FSX and FS9.

Okay, just exported the A-20C to shake out any bugs from the past week of heavy additions and changes. All seems well but I need to add some custom XML for the canopy curtains. Hopefully Roman will be available to assist with that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-20-004.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-20-005.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-20-006.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-20-008.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    LOL Thank you Ted. And to your credit, I am still developing and running on the awesome PC you built for me in July 2009. It performs awesome and without issues to this day in FSX and FS9.

Okay, just exported the A-20C to shake out any bugs from the past week of heavy additions and changes. All seems well but I need to add some custom XML for the canopy curtains. Hopefully Roman will be available to assist with that.

We are using the same PC with the exception of the GTX 285...I think I gave you my GTX 260....almost the same GPU. I just haven't found a reason to go any higher even though I am still building i7 and i5 units, it runs FSX, FS9 and X-Plane 10.5 perfectly. Thanks for props Milton...now back to that A-20 Havoc beauty you are working on...
    Ted

I really enjoy watching the progress you're making on the Havoc, Milton. She's coming along nicely.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    I really enjoy watching the progress you're making on the Havoc, Milton. She's coming along nicely.

BB686
    Thank you Sir; I am having fun as well. :-)

Roman just sent code for the canopy curtains; worked straight out of the box. :-)

Got the VC merged in from the "D" model as a test; after a few adjustments, that works fine.

So, I am happy with the progress so far today, took a walk with the wife, and now, it's time for an afternoon nap.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

First time I recall seeing this kind of tower in FS9, at McChord AFB.

Adding a couple of screenshots during testing, and one showing interior as it stands now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-20-016.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-20-017.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-20-018.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

First time I recall seeing this kind of tower in FS9, at McChord AFB.

Adding a couple of screenshots during testing, and one showing interior as it stands now.
    Wow, if this is going to be anything like your Mallard, I don't know what I'll do!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    That's looking great! I would also vote for not having an operating ventral gunner position. I'm not really going to notice it, because I will be spending most of my time in the cockpit.
    I agree with Sundog!

Dave

Thanks for your interest and feedback.

I have now pretty much wrapped up all I can find to do on this A-20C model.

Invested 5 hours this morning with the bombardier's area fleshing out the remaining pieces to add/improve on.

In good shape in terms of poly count; plenty room for the pilot and any adjustments I need to do.

Next step is mapping for textures.

Thought I would share a few shots from the rear gunner's and bombardier's positions just for kicks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-21-001.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-21-002.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-21-003.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-21-004.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-21-005.jpg  
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; August 21st, 2016 at 14:02.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    She is a BEAUTY!!!
    Ted

Always liked these little twin engine bombers. Looks like your will do it justice. Not that I ever doubted that...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Blog Entries
    Thought I would share a few shots from the rear gunner's and bombardier's positions just for kicks.
    That nose position is outstanding Milton. Best seat in the house (since we're not being shot at).

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Milton I have been lurking about this thread right from the beginning and like what I am seeing. So much so that I have started clearing a section of my hangar and have ordered copious amounts of RAAF standard paint in readiness for the release of this great aircraft.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    She is a BEAUTY!!!
    Ted
    Ted, thank you; it is shaping up to be a looker, I reckon. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Always liked these little twin engine bombers. Looks like your will do it justice. Not that I ever doubted that...
    Ha! Will try to do the best I can with the modeling, panel/gauges, and flight model. The rest is up to the really talented folks to bring her to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    That nose position is outstanding Milton. Best seat in the house (since we're not being shot at).
    Nice caveat there Tom Thanks, I tried to make it more respectable than some of my past work.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Milton I have been lurking about this thread right from the beginning and like what I am seeing. So much so that I have started clearing a section of my hangar and have ordered copious amounts of RAAF standard paint in readiness for the release of this great aircraft.
    Lots of examples down under Sir. With the "C", "D", and likely a P-70 of some variant, there should be lots of options for ya.

Working on mapping for textures now ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-22-001.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Simply Beautiful Mr. Shupe!!!!!............looking spectacular!!!!!
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

Thanks for your interest and feedback.

I have now pretty much wrapped up all I can find to do on this A-20C model.

Invested 5 hours this morning with the bombardier's area fleshing out the remaining pieces to add/improve on.

In good shape in terms of poly count; plenty room for the pilot and any adjustments I need to do.

Next step is mapping for textures.

What a beauty! Always love watching these works of art come together!

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Starting to look like an aircraft now.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    ​Starting to look like an aircraft now.
    Thanks for the comments; making progress little by little.

Yup, finished up mapping the major exterior parts and dipped them all in paint just for kicks.
    Convinced a hungry pilot the aircraft was safe (enough) to test and away we go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-22-002.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-22-003.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-22-004.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-22-009.jpg   HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-22-012.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Looks great. It's so nice to know we're finally going to have a quality A-20 for flightsim.

Members who have read this thread: 3