B-17 AI carriers combat box formation

Thread: B-17 AI carriers combat box formation

B-17 AI carriers combat box formation

Hi all, I added the great B-17 AI combat box formation into AIcarriers.However it seems no matter what I do I cannot get them to cruise faster than 100 Kts.I've edited the sim.cfg to allow faster cruise, no help.Does anybody have any ideas or settings to speed these guys up?
    Stan

If You have a TacPack its a best tool for this I think - alt, speed, the place ect "in live".
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Is the 100kt problem to do with the fact that ships don't go that fast? I'm sure I read somewhere that while you could use AIC for aircraft.. you are stuck with them flying slowly.

ATB
    DaveB

Crud, that's what I was afraid of.....
    Stan

I would think you could make "them" go faster, just by upping the horsepower, etc., in the aircraft.cfg. The whole formation is just one 'aircraft' in the eyes of FSX, flying by the single standard aircraft.cfg and .air file, and so should be as modifiable as any other single aircraft in FSX. If I remember correctly, I think I made the formation fly at approx. 150 mph IAS (which is a True Airspeed of approx. 240 mph at the formation altitude of 27,000 ft), which falls between the to-target and from-target airspeeds the formations used to follow (155 mph going to target, 140 mph on the way back).

There should be nothing stopping modifying the formation's airspeed. Have you tried AirWrench?

Mike

I don't think it's the speed of the actual model Mike.. more the speed that AICarriers will allow them to fly at.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I don't think it's the speed of the actual model Mike.. more the speed that AICarriers will allow them to fly at.

ATB
    DaveB
    Ah! Ok, sorry, missed that part.

Mike

Easiest way to do it would to put a 2D panel in there, I used the original WoP B-17 panel folder and cfg entries. Then you can fly it while recording an FRC and set the autopilot once you've gained your altitude and cruise on from there. Keep in mind tho if you're attempting to fly formation off it when it makes its turns the entire formations rolls around a center point.

Members who have read this thread: 0