Captain Sim C-130 Error 11 Issue

Thread: Captain Sim C-130 Error 11 Issue

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Captain Sim C-130 Error 11 Issue

I've searched these forums on this issue and noted Duckie ran into a virtually identical issue re: the uninstall/reinstall of his CS C-130 Basic Pack plus the add-ons. I have run FS9 before and had no problems with it since changing OSs from WXP to W7 Home. Yesterday I started FS9 and tried to call up one of the versions of the CS C-130; I got as far as selecting the aircraft and hitting the "go fly" button at the bottom right when I got a CTD. After this happened more than once, I did an uninstall of EVERYTHING involving the C-130, went to the CS site, did fresh downloads of all the C-130 products, and began what I thought would be a routine reinstall of the basic package. I keep getting an "Error 11" message. I've been to the CS website and found the entry in their KB re: this problem, have tried the reinstall with AV plus firewall both disabled as recommended, but no dice. It would seem there is a conflict between Windows 7 and the basic aircraft package. After checking out the thread as noted I saw it seemed to end in mid-air, no solution was ever aired for getting this thing to run in W7. Has anyone heard anything else about this issue?

Had the same basic problem, not with the C-130 but the Yak-3. Went to the knowledge base and found the KB for the error code I had, it said that "My PC must be connected to the internet for the program to work properly." I opened a ticket with the CS Support Group, they closed the ticket and gave me the same answer that the knowledge base had... I needed an internet connection. Well.....I was able to connect to their website.
    I just gave up, the CS Yak-3 is an older model, I did try to un-install and re-install the plane, even scrubbed the registry and did a full disc clean-up before re-installation. Same bloody thing.... no further comment.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    I've searched these forums on this issue and noted Duckie ran into a virtually identical issue re: the uninstall/reinstall of his CS C-130 Basic Pack plus the add-ons. I have run FS9 before and had no problems with it since changing OSs from WXP to W7 Home. Yesterday I started FS9 and tried to call up one of the versions of the CS C-130; I got as far as selecting the aircraft and hitting the "go fly" button at the bottom right when I got a CTD. After this happened more than once, I did an uninstall of EVERYTHING involving the C-130, went to the CS site, did fresh downloads of all the C-130 products, and began what I thought would be a routine reinstall of the basic package. I keep getting an "Error 11" message. I've been to the CS website and found the entry in their KB re: this problem, have tried the reinstall with AV plus firewall both disabled as recommended, but no dice. It would seem there is a conflict between Windows 7 and the basic aircraft package. After checking out the thread as noted I saw it seemed to end in mid-air, no solution was ever aired for getting this thing to run in W7. Has anyone heard anything else about this issue?
    I've had it working in win7 for some time now,admittedly not brought out of hangar recently.Have you tried running installation exe file in compatibility mode for xp/Vista iirc I had to do that.TtfnPete

I had this 11 issue yesterday. After using the "redirect_activation.bat" file from a KB thread it worked but only after several attempts and after first successfully working for my CS_757 for FSX.
    Just short of actual help, I know. Good luck.
    Regards.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Motormouse, I think that solution is a little farther down the pike for me. The reason is I also have that new batch file they advise downloading and installing, and have only tried it twice, and that was yesterday. I'm going to give it a few more tries today, and with FW and AV turned off during the attempts. After that, we'll try the other method. Either way, I will advise results.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Motormouse, I've just finished 20 attempts, one behind the other, to get this thing to run using the other method, as described. How do you go about setting up Windows 7 into compatibility mode for Windows XP so I can go about installing this thing?

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I'm cautiously optimistic. It's taken about 4.5 hours to do what's been done so far, but there is progress. I'm done with this for the day but will dig back into it tomorrow and, because what's left to review is everything other than the basic pack plus expansion pack, it should go a little faster. At that point I'll let you know what I did.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I just wanted to let you know I'm still working this issue. It's taken me this long to get to the Expansion pack for FS2004, which is presenting a lot of problems. I had originally installed the expansion pack which gave me some new -130 models; the problem lay in the add-ons. I was getting that old bugbear of missing landing gear, and props that disappeared when the engines were started. I finally had to delete the expansion pack add-ons, place the orig. config file (which I saved during the original installation) back into the pertinent folders; take out any add-on textures, and start over from scratch. I'm finding one big reason folks are reporting missing landing gear, and then props that disappear when the engines are started, is because it appears some of the add-on textures have been supplied by their authors with incorrect models; to make any progress you have to start with the basic "CALANG" C-130J-30 as supplied by CS and then find out what each model after that, among the basic aircraft supplied by CS, adds to that aircraft. One has no IFR probe but does have a TACAN rack; another has an IFR probe and TACAN rack; yet another has an IFR probe but no TACAN rack. I'm getting them to work properly by changing the models from what was provided. It would be very helpful indeed if someone connected with CS would publish a list of all models for all variants, so we could see what is the difference between each. Then, we've got to compare the designer's thumbnail with the model to see which model applies to this texture. This is tedious and time-consuming, and more than a little frustrating.

EDIT: I've also found a corrupted texture, the "Air Contractors" texture no. 1 has a bad .bmp in it causing a screwed-up texture to appear in the sim.
    Last edited by SSI01; July 28th, 2015 at 09:07.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I should add what finally allowed me to get the machine to accept the CS C-130 base pack was to download and install their "redirect_activation.zip" file, then go back to the very first download I ever bought from them, and then open its installer and take it just far enough to let me put in the installation path - at that point I knew the system had recognized it. After that, it was a matter of backing out of that installer, then trying the 130's Basic Pack installer, which "took" the first time I tried it using this method. The others then followed suit. Slackerbg, this one's for you.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    There seem to be as many fixes as there are hexes for this aircraft. So far what I've described in previous posts is holding up for me. I haven't run into any new snags. If any of this stuff helps anyone with a similar problem, in that it may give you a new idea for fixing an old problem, then I have served my purpose.

In fairness to CS, this aircraft, in all its variants, once it is installed and working properly is a delight to fly and rewards all the effort put into getting it to operate properly. It's just getting there that's difficult.

SOH-CM-2023
    After I saw this thread I figured I'd reinstall all my C-130 packaged from CS. I had to do the offline install where you run one little program that generates a key file and you email it to support and then you get a return key via email and copy it in to the second program. There is one package for each add installer (the package contains both programs). You then run the installer normally and it skips the order number question and you are off to the races. Easy peasy.

Sean

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I want to do an internal .txt or word file describing procedures used, and put it in with the base packages I have for the versions I've got. Can you tell me where on the CS site you got that offline tool? I'd like to write down where to look for it, and put it in the "procedures" file. Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0