W.I.P. Adel Airport, Adel, Georgia...

Thread: W.I.P. Adel Airport, Adel, Georgia...

Icon2 W.I.P. Adel Airport, Adel, Georgia...

...here are a couple W.I.P. screen shots of my attempt to enhance the default Adel Airport, Adel, Georgia.

RD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Adel12.jpg   Adel21.jpg  

Lookin' good!

I use to work at the Harvey's in Adel and have been to that airport. Cool!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Carter View Post
    I use to work at the Harvey's in Adel and have been to that airport. Cool!!!
    I knew that. I stopped by Harvey's one day to see you. It was your day off. The next time I had a chance to go by there, you had moved. And boy did you move....to the other side of the country. You must have heard I came by to see you..LOL

RD

Lived in Valdosta, Ga for about 11 months when I retired from the USN. That was 11 months too long. I do remember wife would occasionally mention Adel. Did not like Valdosta at all. Ended up moving to Ellijay, GA for about six years. That was an improvement, but too many tourists. NC

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Lived in Valdosta, Ga for about 11 months when I retired from the USN. That was 11 months too long. I do remember wife would occasionally mention Adel. Did not like Valdosta at all. Ended up moving to Ellijay, GA for about six years. That was an improvement, but too many tourists. NC
    I don't blame you Chief. I would not want to live in Valdosta. I was on the Psychology Faculty at Valdosta State as an adjunct instructor for a few years. I commuted from my home in Tifton. Tifton is a really nice place to live. I had my Ercoupe when we first moved here and the airport is really nice. When I got the chance to teach at Abraham Baldwin College, I resigned my position at Valdosta. Don't think I've ever been back down there. I taught my last classes at ABAC fall semester, 2011, when I retired. We still live in Tifton.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    I don't blame you Chief. I would not want to live in Valdosta. I was on the Psychology Faculty at Valdosta State as an adjunct instructor for a few years. I commuted from my home in Tifton. Tifton is a really nice place to live. I had my Ercoupe when we first moved here and the airport is really nice. When I got the chance to teach at Abraham Baldwin College, I resigned my position at Valdosta. Don't think I've ever been back down there. I taught my last classes at ABAC fall semester, 2011, when I retired. We still live in Tifton.

RD
    Am guessing you probably knew Don Gerlock. I was, at one time, married to his daughter, Bonnie. She also owned Gerlock Dance Studio. NC

update: went back and read your post. Don Gerlock had long retired when you were there. His granddaughter, Honey, still works in one of the admin offices though.

When I moved out to Georgia, boy was I in for a shock, thing are really, really slower in the south than California. And holly molly, the weather about killed me. Did met alot of good people though, one in particular "W,F Taylor" one of the nicest man i EVER met!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

I have now uploaded this scenery.

I have just completed the upload process for this scenery. I hope all who download it will enjoy using it. I think I will take a break from scenery work now and do a little FSX flying.

RD

Members who have read this thread: 0