Sea Hurricane Seafire? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sea Hurricane Seafire?

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Ah, thanks Jamie! I got everything I wanted. We've got some helpful people here at the Outhouse!
    But landing with these planes on a deck is nearly impossible, so I've got some tinkering to do!

Cees
    Well, as long as I don't use the hook I'm okay! Just made a nice greased landing!

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Victorious.jpg  

Well done that man!

ATB
    DaveB

This is a nice one to fly! And she hooks up nicely!

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Victorious2.jpg  

And this one too.

Thanks for the FDE update StormILM! And thanks Harry for mentioning the update! And off course Dave for all the support!

I'm getting the hang of it!

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Victorious3.jpg  

Cees..

Have you got your hands on AICarriers yet (either version)? P L E A S E give it a go.. you won't regret it
    ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Cees..

Have you got your hands on AICarriers yet (either version)? P L E A S E give it a go.. you won't regret it
    ATB
    DaveB

Can't agree more. Design carrier (or any kind of ship) formations from any of your existing AI ships, add plane guard helos, in about as much time as it's taken to type this. No messing with timetables, schedules, watches, and astrolabes waiting/hoping for your carrier to show up right when you want to come aboard.

Spawn your personalised carrier / shipping formations whenever / wherever you are - on demand. Sheer brilliance for when you just don't have time to hunt around for the boat. Stop, advance, and turn your formation at will, delete and load another immediately. Once installed, you only ever have to edit 1 .cfg if you want to add / edit your carrier formations. No harder than editing an aircraft.cfg to add a repaint. If you plan to do carrier flying in FSX, it's a must have.

DL

Cees..

ATB
    DaveB
    I've got it! A few days now. I'm making a lot of progres with my landings. Great program! It loads as I start up FSX! Been only flying carrier approaches since then!

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nimitz.jpg  

Excellent

Next to FSNavigator for FS9.. I think AICarriers deserves the 'Best program EVER' award!! Glad you're enjoying it Cees
    ATB
    DaveB

I agree 100 % with that!

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nimitz2.jpg  

The Skyhawk is a lovely carrier model isn't it.. even without mal's FD update. Stable (for something with little or no wings!) on approach and easy to control the power. You can see where you're going too which I always find helps!! It's cat takeoff profile is good too

I can see you posting shots in the Superbug next!
    ATB
    DaveB

WOW! (Dave, the superbug will have to wait!)

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nimitz3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    WOW! (Dave, the superbug will have to wait!)

Cees
    Hi Cees,

What Phantom is that?

Cheers,

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Hi Cees,

What Phantom is that?

Cheers,

Johan
    Johan,

That's the Alphasim Phantom II (with an 'Airfix' repaint). I fell i love with it, I had the model when I was a kid.

Cees

Need more practise (still).

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nimitz3.jpg  

That's another nice model Cees I've been out in a few myself this evening.. Superbug, Scimitar (need to add launch assist to this one.. got down and couldn't take off!!) and about to take the Sea Vixen up.

BTW.. if you ever notice AICarriers isn't in your drop-down in FSX (AICarriers.net version).. something in the last flight may have tripped it up. Look in your systray and you'll see it running. Exit it, close down the sim then restart and it'll be back again. First time I had this happen, I panicked and feared I'd lost it. Took a while but I found it active in the systray when FSX wasn't open. Closed it, started the sim and back to normal Had it happen this evening (again) after I'd had a BEX error when closing the previous session so thought I'd mention it. Not sure this applies to the Java version.
    ATB
    DaveB

Yup, had the same problem. I alway check what's running after a failure of some sort. I guess that's the Skysim Sea Vixen you're taking for a spin?

Cees

Ohhh yes

ATB
    DaveB

Bummer that Skysim is out of business!

Cees

But I have adapted the Alphasim Vixen to FSX. Using the gauges of the Alphasim Sea Venom I'm almost there. Made a landing while testing!

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alphasimVixen.jpg   alphasimVixen on Deck.jpg  
    Last edited by Cees Donker; August 7th, 2015 at 03:12.

hahahahaha

I bought that version when it came out and for all it's faults.. I still loved it because I wanted a Sea Vixen that much!!! The flight model for the Demon isn't bad.. in fact I loaded it up yesterday for practise on Constellation so whatever you borrowed from it won't do the Alpha SV any harm As I remember.. there were rather more repaints done for the Alpha model than there were for the Skysim model (perhaps because there was actually a PK for the Alpha model!!!). A darned shame Skysim went under but with only 2 models on sale for the last 'X' years and no sign of anything new.. it's not a good recipe for success. It'd be nice if someone, somewhere at Skysim could sell the 2 models on to a third party for continued sale though I can't see that happening.

ATB
    DaveB

hahahahaha

I bought that version when it came out and for all it's faults.. I still loved it because I wanted a Sea Vixen that much!!! The flight model for the Demon isn't bad.. in fact I loaded it up yesterday for practise on Constellation so whatever you borrowed from it won't do the Alpha SV any harm As I remember.. there were rather more repaints done for the Alpha model than there were for the Skysim model (perhaps because there was actually a PK for the Alpha model!!!). A darned shame Skysim went under but with only 2 models on sale for the last 'X' years and no sign of anything new.. it's not a good recipe for success. It'd be nice if someone, somewhere at Skysim could sell the 2 models on to a third party for continued sale though I can't see that happening.

ATB
    DaveB
    That would be great.......I'd by it immediately.

Cees

That's not too restrictive a view from the old Alpha model but I think they got it wrong in a number of areas. The centre pillar isn't a thick piece of metal with screws either side as they show there.. the glass is actually laminated on the centre join and bolted in place around the edges. It's not much but every little helps when you're trying to see a very small aircraft carrier! The default view out of the Skysim model is a bit less restrictive..

I think the bar Brian put down the centreline is probably a 'blind' runner.. the blind can be pulled up from around the base of the windshield.
    EDIT: Having looked at this a little more, the centre spine is almost certainly the rain 'getridofer' (new word) which is on the outside. It looks really big on the outside but inside.. it's next to nothing and doesn't obstruct the field of vision.
    ATB
    DaveB
    Last edited by DaveB; August 7th, 2015 at 05:31.

Like a swan.......

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails swan.jpg  

You're giving yourself too much to aim at there Cees though there's nothing wrong with having as much to land on as possible!!

ATB
    DaveB

Here you go Cees.. lots of things to aim at but all markedly smaller than Nimitz!!

[formation.XX]
    title=Korean TG
    unit.0=USS_CV-21_Boxer, -400, 400
    unit.1=USS_CV-45_Valley_Forge_1950, 400, 400
    unit.2=HMS_Belfast_1950, 0, 1600
    unit.3=USS_DD724_Laffey, 1200, 0
    unit.4=HMS_Ocean_1950, 0, 0
    unit.5=USS_DD777_Zellers, -1200, 0
    unit.6=USS Mispillion AO-105 FX, 400, -400
    unit.7=HMS_C_class_DD, -400, -400
    unit.8=USS_DD774_Huge_W_Hadley, 0, -1200

Three carriers in the group so you can trap and launch going from one to the other. All the ships are available here or Simviation with the exception of the oiler Mispillion (which is just visible). This is a driveable version converted for AI. It's a tad heavy on FR's but is one of the few (perhaps the only) oilers of this period. The old Alpha Tigercat stands up quite well in FSX doesn't it.
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 1