YF23 PAV 1 800 v3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: YF23 PAV 1 800 v3

Yes sir. Full avionics...speaking of which...has anyone figured out how to replace the HUD imagery? It's always been almost impossible to see. It's so faint at times it actually disappears altogether.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Yes sir. Full avionics. . . . . . . . . .
    Hmmm, nothing has worked for me so apparently my problem isn't the missing FDav.dll file (all that I was missing from the posted zipfile).

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Yes sir. Full avionics...speaking of which...has anyone figured out how to replace the HUD imagery? It's always been almost impossible to see. It's so faint at times it actually disappears altogether.
    Another problem with the HUD symbology it that it sits too low. The horizon line is below the 'real' horizon (at least for me). if anyone knows a fix I'd be grateful to hear it.

Blog Entries
    I've just downloaded the new installer for FSX-SE and nothing in the cockpit works, no display's or HUD.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    I've just downloaded the new installer for FSX-SE and nothing in the cockpit works, no display's or HUD.
    Ian
    So even in FSX-SE it isn't working correctly. I wonder if it's the fa-18 that is called by the panel config file? Is that supposed to be a cab file or a dll file? I have an FA-18.dll file. . .does it make any difference that mine are all caps?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    So even in FSX-SE it isn't working correctly. I wonder if it's the fa-18 that is called by the panel config file? Is that supposed to be a cab file or a dll file? I have an FA-18.dll file. . .does it make any difference that mine are all caps?
    That would be the fa-18.dll file Ed!

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    That would be the fa-18.dll file Ed!
    Johan
    Thanks Johan. I've decided to move on. I know what answer I'll get if I go to FSD and it's not worth the aggravation of arguing with Tim over whether or not the installer is the issue. He has one answer for everything. . ."It's not our installer, it's your computer". I've deleted the Black Widow.

@falcon409...yes I have the fa-18.dll copied over as well. I believe it's also required.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Falcon let me help you install it...PM me.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

@falcon409...yes I have the fa-18.dll copied over as well. I believe it's also required.
    The installer installs an FA-18.dll gauge file. . .apparently that's the same so even having that in the gauges folder doesn't fix this stupid thing.

there's also a 2 letter licensing file that gets installed into the main directory. I copied that over from fsx. However, I'm not at my FS machine right now so I can t remember what it's called. it's in the install log txt file that gets generated at the bottom of the list.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

there's also a 2 letter licensing file that gets installed into the main directory. I copied that over from fsx. However, I'm not at my FS machine right now so I can t remember what it's called. it's in the install log txt file that gets generated at the bottom of the list.
    Yea, I saw that and ran it (fsd.exe I think), after I ran it the file disappeared. I went into regedit and deleted that info as well, so everything is gone now.

Well, here's a fine kettle of fish, lol. On a whim, I went back to the original installer from a year ago (dated 5/20/2014). . .lucky that I had kept it I guess. I also did a fresh/basic installation of FSX and just to go back a few steps, I tried using the new installer to install it into FSX/Accel and the results were the same. . .no avionics displays.

Ok, so I crank up the old installer and install the YF-23, no problems. I load FSX, load the Black Widow and everything works perfectly. I then proceeded to copy everything from that installation into P3D and. . .add drum roll here. . .it works perfectly. I might also add that the file designated "FDav.dll" is not part of the installation and apparently isn't necessary. . .at least not in this case. Anyway, I wanted to share that info with those interested and anyone who is watching this but not participating. If you have an old installer. . .give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Well, here's a fine kettle of fish, lol. On a whim, I went back to the original installer from a year ago (dated 5/20/2014). . .lucky that I had kept it I guess. I also did a fresh/basic installation of FSX and just to go back a few steps, I tried using the new installer to install it into FSX/Accel and the results were the same. . .no avionics displays.

Ok, so I crank up the old installer and install the YF-23, no problems. I load FSX, load the Black Widow and everything works perfectly. I then proceeded to copy everything from that installation into P3D and. . .add drum roll here. . .it works perfectly. I might also add that the file designated "FDav.dll" is not part of the installation and apparently isn't necessary. . .at least not in this case. Anyway, I wanted to share that info with those interested and anyone who is watching this but not participating. If you have an old installer. . .give it a try.
    Interesting.

I have FSXA. My YF-23 is offline at the moment. I was having some issues with FDav.dll, and removed it from the FSX.cfg as trusted software. It was loading each time I ran FSX and causing some problems as I recall. If its not part of the installation, then what is it for?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Interesting.

I have FSXA. My YF-23 is offline at the moment. I was having some issues with FDav.dll, and removed it from the FSX.cfg as trusted software. It was loading each time I ran FSX and causing some problems as I recall. If its not part of the installation, then what is it for?
    It's for some of FSD's other aircraft I deleted it from the main gauge folder in FSX and added it to each FSD individual aircraft panel folder because it was causing hangs at start up in the gauge folder just assumed you needed it in the YF-23 as well.
    I think the main problem is FSD's new updated installers as it won't work at all in Steam.

Got bored and redid all the speculars for my first repaint...the yf23 by Milviz/FSD. image is from P3Dv2 but it will also work in fsx.

Nice repaint. I bought the YF23 one week ago and it is not working. Panel displays are black, I can do what ever I want. Sorry but even FSD support is to stupid to give me a solution. I use FSX Steam and they promised me that it works "fine" on steam. Haha lol yes it works great
    I spent 20€ for a not working plane

Just recently decided to give this ole beast a new lease on life in my virtual hangar. As you can see in this video, there's some major overhauling in the FDE as well as my old afterburner tweak (the latter which I never quite got around to finishing due to time constraints). So far as the FDE, I'm not the author but am the sole tester/tweaker thus far and there's a lot more that needs to be done (the goal being trying to replicate the planned/intended supermaneuverability of the YF-23 which was aerodynamic only(non-thrust vectoring). Hopefully something releasable can come of this testing in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8IzkkhRUD4

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Another problem with the HUD symbology it that it sits too low. The horizon line is below the 'real' horizon (at least for me). if anyone knows a fix I'd be grateful to hear it.
    Seems that way to me as well. I have TrackIR so I can sit a bit straighter in the seat and stretch to see it, but it does appear to sit too low.

I will never understand why this plane does not work on my FSX Steam. Actually it must work "fine" there.

My cockpit displays are black, and even FSD (this is where I bought the plane) can or does not want to help me.
    I tried reinstalling about 5 times until I got stupid. I also tried to put displays from a freeware Jet into the YF23 panel. This did not work, too.
    My Afterburner effects also looked like blue bubble gum. This experience forces me to buy products only from well known developers who have a qualified support

Milviz created the initial model and I believe they are at some point going to do a redux version of this one as well. FSD was sonehow licenced at one point to develop ot is my guess. I for one can't wait for an updated version! This model is great and working great in P3D2. Falcon are you still having issues?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

lol with the Help from someone from this forum the plane workes now. This is crazy

. . . . .Falcon are you still having issues?
    Nope, I used an older installer that worked perfectly.
    Last edited by falcon409; July 26th, 2015 at 18:39.

Quote Originally Posted by martin88 View Post
    lol with the Help from someone from this forum the plane workes now. This is crazy
    You finally got it working in Steam? May I ask how? I tried everything I could think of old installers copying over and still no joy.

One thing I must say about this aircraft is that it must be at least IMO one of the most exotic and in deed beautiful airplane designs of modern times. It's a real shame it 'lost' the bid for ATF. The NATF version would have been something to behold for certain.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Getting Avionics to work in Steam?

Little late to this thread I know but did anyone ever get the avionics for the YF-23 to work in Steam? FSD sent me an updated F-18.dll file and I installed as described by Tim from FSD but did not work. It seems some of the comments about FSD customer service was right, it is non-existent. After I told Tim the new file did not work, I was told I did not load it correctly and when I showed I did load it correctly I have no heard back from FSD yet.

If anyone did get the avionics to work in steam I would be grateful for the help. Thanks!

Marcus

Members who have read this thread: 1