longest take off

Thread: longest take off

longest take off

which aircraft modeled in fsx requires the most runway to get off the ground when empty?

I would say the B-29 Superfortress
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Icon22

Republic F-84F Thunderstreak or F-105 ? (as ALL the Republic a/c).....

Many russian heavies (which I have only as freeware) when loaded full of fuel.

Knew a DC-7C pilot who liked to say the only way it got off the runway was "sheer brute force and the curvature of the earth." The Calclassics DC-7 performs true to form.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I find Carenado's Bonanza a bird that takes a bit of real estate to get off the ground full of fuel.

Blog Entries
    Mr Shupe's HMS Bounty ...

The old Alphasim RF-84 Thunderflash was about the longest I've encountered. I don't have the SSW F-84, but I'm sure its in the same ballpark.

I've found long takeoff runs with these birds:
    Milviz T38
    CLS F117
    As far as I know they replicate the real world aircraft.
    The more you do, the less you dream

I don't know about the FSX version, but real world, the B-58. There was a reason the Bunker Hill AFB runway was over 12,500 feet long.Part of the reason the Alphasim (Virtavia?) B-24 was such a bear was that it was 3,000 pounds over gross out of the "box". Glenn

There was an old saying about Republic aircraft (P-47, B-36, F-84, F-105, etc), that if someone built a runway around the world, Republic would make an airplane to use every bit of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ce_zeta View Post
    I guess that the Ilyushin Il-86
    Heh, yeah.

https://youtu.be/t2VlIKt6EK0?t=1m11s

To be fair, the runway at that place is also rather short. But look at that shallow climb...

Members who have read this thread: 1