Windows 10 - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

Blog Entries
    Another practical update for Gmax users thinking about Win 10.

After dealing with poor Gmax performance for two days following the Win10 upgrade, I opted to un-install Gmax including physically deleting the Gmax folder from the C:drive.

I re-installed Gmax from the SDK installer, placed the FSX_GmaxGamePack folder in it's appropriate location and booted Gmax from the SDK Gmax icon. The program booted immediately with FS Tools available.

I've determined that the Heidi driver is probably the most stable. Using the other drivers produces a memory crash on export of larger files i.e. typical airplane model.

No such issues in 3DS Max 2015, but Gmax @ 32bits requires a bit of maintenance following the Win 10 upgrade.

The upside: Extremely good graphics quality in Win10 across the board, including the Gmax workspace.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Installed 3ds Max 9 last night. It runs, but the AcesTools won't.

Win10 upgrader on my Thinkpad: "Your CPU is not compatible."

Seriously, Microsoft? This CPU (T9300) is only seven years old.

Ok, FSX working perfectly at first try, had to reactivate P3D, e-mailed them, fixed next day...fine
    Got a problem with my Soundblaster X-Fi Titaniun but Creative is to blame...think they never heard about W10 and drivers will be available, acording with their site, only in September...
    Overall, I'm quite happy with new OS.

Oh, the CPU thing is a false positive.

And of course the got that dreaded "0x8blahblah" error some of you guys got. This fixed it though:
    http://www.filecritic.com/how-to-fix-the-something-happened-0x80070002-0x20016-error-and-upgrade-to-windows-10/

- Edit:

"This CPU doesn't support NX."

*Sigh*
    Of course it does, you sillies!

Fix:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...4-03ee129840d2

Downloading...

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Ok, FSX working perfectly at first try, had to reactivate P3D, e-mailed them, fixed next day...fine
    Got a problem with my X-Fi Titaniun X-Fi Titaniun but Creative is to blame...think they never heard about W10 and drivers will be available, acording with their site, only in September...
    Overall, I'm quite happy with new OS.

I had the same problem...
    Go into device manager and under sound right click and delete the Creative X-Fi Titanium
    Reboot the computer and it will do an auto install and the sound card works again
    It is not the creative driver but a patch until they release the driver in September

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Hi Papab
    Thanks...went to Creative Forum about Soundblaster
    http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=482891&page=4
    and got an answer from AcidPhase with a file that works and very similar to the original Creative. And works some times irregular but it does work good (XFI_SupportPack_3_5.exe)

http://danielkawakami.blogspot.com/2...t-pack-35.html

Hope this helps some other Flightsimmers friends

Regards

Well, my Flight simulator computer is still running Windows 7, but since yesterday it states that windows 10 is ready for install.

I am still worried what it will do with my FSX and network settings, as I run multiple add-ons and related software on a networked computer.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Manfredc3, I have both FSX and P3D v2.5 running under Window 10 64bit. The video card is Nvidia GTX780 with current drivers. No problems with either. My only issue is after installing Windows 10 I can't establish a Home Group for the family computers in my home. No problem with the WiFi network but no Home Group. That is easy to live with and I am sure this will be fixed in the future. You will love Windows 10.

A friend mentioned to me yesterday that he has always used MSN email. That will no longer work with Window 10. He is trying to recover his email and convert to Outlook.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Hi stovall!
    If you discover a way to import .EML files (Email files from Windows Live Mail - Essentials) to the new win10 Email app, please let me know! I´m fighting with it to make it import the files but no sucess until now. So, i´m now with an empty Mail app and a library with tons of emails that can´t be managed in the disk.

Another think i don´t like in the new email app is the lack of email rules. Something like "Email from xyz guy goes to abc folder". That was easy in the previous email softs but absense in this new email app.

Until i figure that, i´m working online with emails thru the browser.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

I wonder if Thunderbird will run under Win10. I've been using it for many years, across many computers. I have emails archived from nearly 15 years ago in 30 or so separate 'folders'...

The 'filtering system' is truly awesome and highly configurable.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

[QUOTE] If you discover a way to import .EML files (Email files from Windows Live Mail - Essentials) to the new win10 Email app, please let me know! I´m fighting with it to make it import the files but no sucess until now. So, i´m now with an empty Mail app and a library with tons of emails that can´t be managed in the disk.

Another think i don´t like in the new email app is the lack of email rules. Something like "Email from xyz guy goes to abc folder". That was easy in the previous email softs but absense in this new email app.

Until i figure that, i´m working online with emails thru the browser. [QUOTE]

My friend with the MSN email account found a number to call for assistance. First thought is contact Windows support by

SOH-CM-2023
    Not sure if its an Outlook thing only, but I made a copy of my .pst file before letting W10 do its thing just in case, but I dont remember having to use it as it seemed to keep that & connect to outlook automatically.
    Keith

Tom,

thanks for your feedback. Are you using the upgrade, or did you perform a clean install of Windows 10?
    Wondering if sharing disks and folders onver the network works similar as to Windows 7?

I don't use an email client. I manage them online (gmail), so that is not an issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Tom,

thanks for your feedback. Are you using the upgrade, or did you perform a clean install of Windows 10?
    Wondering if sharing disks and folders onver the network works similar as to Windows 7?

I don't use an email client. I manage them online (gmail), so that is not an issue for me.
    I did the upgrade over a copy of Window 7 64bit Ultimate. When asked to keep folders and installed program I checked yes. Looking at the post above, I was using Outlook and my email come over as well. Hope this helps.

I really hate to have to say this, but it seems that the only issue I have with Windows 10 is the known issue regarding the use of 'full screen' mode in FS9 and FSXA.

Can someone remind me of the work-around, please?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    First glance...P3Dv2.5 wanted to validate its' license and all of the add on bits required the same. It took about ten minutes to satisfy the various licenses.
    Small question: Did you have to uninstall P3D 2.5 before upgrading to WinX and then reinstall? If not how did the license validation work? Did you have to contact LM?

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    I really hate to have to say this, but it seems that the only issue I have with Windows 10 is the known issue regarding the use of 'full screen' mode in FS9 and FSXA.

Dave
    I just deleted the FSX.cfg & let it make a new one.
    Keith

Win10 couldn't be installed re: system reserved partition?

Trying to process the update for W10 from W7 but get this message:
    "Windows 10 couldn't be installed. We couldn't update the system reserved partition."
    Is there an easy solution that you know of...?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Windows 10 Couldn't be installed - reserved partition.jpg  

Not 100% sure but I think that mentioned partition is the old windows built in backup. for disaster recoveries. If so. Just delete it and move forward. You won't be needing that anymore anyways...

To delete you may have to format that Partition.

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post

FSX Borderless. (Google!)

This is interesting.

In game, I switch to 'full-screen' mode - and my mouse pointer disappears!

It reappears when I go back to 'windowed' mode.

Anyone got any ideas?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    I did the upgrade over a copy of Window 7 64bit Ultimate. When asked to keep folders and installed program I checked yes. Looking at the post above, I was using Outlook and my email come over as well. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the feedback. Now I am really starting to get the urge to just go ahead and upgrade. Might wait two more weeks though, as I got a long weekend all by myself coming up, and I want to spend it flying, not tweaking after upgrading. I am sure I will run into some unexpected glitches getting everything work over the network again.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Now I am really starting to get the urge to just go ahead and upgrade. Might wait two more weeks though, as I got a long weekend all by myself coming up, and I want to spend it flying, not tweaking after upgrading. I am sure I will run into some unexpected glitches getting everything work over the network again.
    The ONLY reason to upgrade to 10 'sooner' rather than 'later' is that eventually you will have to pay...if you leave it too long.
    "sooner" still has about 11 months to go.

Rushing towards the precipice is what lemmings were alleged to have done. [though it was revealed that in the doco they were pushed...and didn't jump at all].

No-one is pushing you, however...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    No-one is pushing you, however...

Doesn't it sound like a push "back"? Ah, I don't feel pushed at all

Members who have read this thread: 3