Kitty Hawk Class Aircraft Carriers - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Kitty Hawk Class Aircraft Carriers

Hmm.. I don't see that mate. Yes.. it seems slower to respond to throttle than some other helicopters but other than that.. it's quite stable and easy to fly. Are you starting it cold or with engines running?
    ATB
    DaveB

Thanks. Usually do a cold start - think you can only use Ctrl + E (on vacation now so unable to test fly it).
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

For using the CV-64 with CCP, add these lines at the end of the "PA.cfg"

[VEH_CV64]
    path = VEH_CV64
    VEH_CV64 = 57X
    Pos1 = 7.50, 40.00, 17.65, +1.0
    Pos2 = -15.50, 40.00, 17.65, -4.0
    Pos3 = 20.00, -65.00, 17.65, -4.0
    Spawns user's plane at the 3 working catapults. Only the "clean" version of the Carrier is supported
    due to the way it is modelled.
    My Military Flight Videos :

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Warren..

I've found a problem with Connie (v1.5). The 'Recover' version isn't working. Coincidental that this is the one I had listed in AIC and it's the one that stutters like hell. I put Deke's Connie aircraft onboard today and realised there are no aircraft showing (in Recover). In case I'd made a faux pas with the texture install.. I changed the entry in AIC to show Kitty Hawks 'Recover' and that worked fine on Connie. Deleted Connie v1.5 and started again. Still the same.. heavy stutters with Recover model added and no aircraft on deck. Tried Crowded and its fine PLUS.. the stutters are gone. Tried Launch.. that's fine too. Backed up the original 3 aircraft textures to be overwritten by Deke's files then added the new files. Launch.. fine. Crowded.. fine but still no Recover.

Assuming the aircraft models are the same for each ship.. I can drag Kitty's Recover into Connie and rename it. So.. stuttery Sue is associated with just the Connie Recover model.. the rest (including Kitty) are fine

EDIT: Hmm.. using the Recover model from Kitty didn't work (though changing the AIC entry to display Kitty's Launch aircraft works fine). Perhaps a change of GUID's or something. No problem.. I'm happy to live with Crowded at the mo
    ATB
    DaveB
    OOPS!

Open up the sim.cfg file. where it says:

[fltsim.3]
    title=VEH_CV64_Recover
    model=
    texture=

MAKE IT SAY:
    [fltsim.3]
    title=VEH_CV64_Recover
    model=Recover
    texture=

I am going to rename the file structure to make things easier. Instead of "Recover" the new model name will be "CV_63_Recover" and etc. Whatever is causing this FPS hit is in the center of the model. I was getting good FPS when I was testing for 1.5. Apparently I was looking in the wrong spot. It is above 20 FPS though.

Sorry for all of the updates and ETC. I am one guy and not a lot of time!

Warren

Cheers mate I feel a bit stupid for not spotting that. I looked at that cfg more times too

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by WombRaider78 View Post
    I was thinking of updating them too. Should I remove the blast shield from them too?
    Warren,
    i noted an improvement in frame rates with the new Connie and Kitty Hawk over what i see with any of the four Forrestal class that still have the JBD (Jet Blast Deflector) on Cat1 raised. Is there still a thought of lowering (removing) the raised JBD in order to improve frame rates?

I also noted that Gary's Midway really causes frame rate drop, and that compared to the other Carriers, has a "shadow" that is considerably darker and larger than the other carriers - at the same time of day and position relative to the sun - might that be a culprit? Not sure how to lighten that up.

Finally, in my effort to take the Aerosoft Kitty Hawk - which is just a fantastic ship, and make it (for my own purpose) into CV-66 (America) by changing the 63 to 66 on the deck_1_t and island_t dds files - it looks quite good (and believable) - but when i repaint the statics on deck (as i did for all 6 of your creations) in order to get a different Air Wing, they show up with the new scheme in MCX, but not in sim. If anyone has any thoughts related to this, please feel free to weigh in.

Deke

Deke..

Did you manage to get rid of the island pennant number lights? Changing the number is easy enough but you're left with the outline of Kitty Hawk's '3' due to those darned lights BTW.. the ships name on the stern is on map hull3 I doubt the number lights can be changed as they're modelled and probably mapped to one colour.
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by navy81 View Post

Finally, in my effort to take the Aerosoft Kitty Hawk - which is just a fantastic ship, and make it (for my own purpose) into CV-66 (America) by changing the 63 to 66 on the deck_1_t and island_t dds files - it looks quite good (and believable) - but when i repaint the statics on deck (as i did for all 6 of your creations) in order to get a different Air Wing, they show up with the new scheme in MCX, but not in sim. If anyone has any thoughts related to this, please feel free to weigh in.

Deke
    Deke,

I have already painted up Aerosoft's Kitty Hawk as her 3 sisters. I do need to change the names on the stern as DaveB has noted above. (good catch Dave) I can send you what I have, just PM me with email addy.

Dave,

I got your PM's but didn't have time to reply, had to go to work. Will get back to you when I get off.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Deke,

I have already painted up Aerosoft's Kitty Hawk as her 3 sisters. I do need to change the names on the stern as DaveB has noted above. (good catch Dave) I can send you what I have, just PM me with email addy.

Dave,

I got your PM's but didn't have time to reply, had to go to work. Will get back to you when I get off.

Joe
    Rears done and uploaded for 64, 66 and 67. Link sent to Joe.. I'll send you one too Deke
    ATB
    DaveB

Any chance we can see a screen of the sister ships?

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Deke,

Dave,

Joe
    Joe and Dave -
    Thanks for the reply, i'll make the change for America on Hull_3. With regard to the light outlines, negative - could not find those. My issue is with repainting the following textures to change the air wing. I will post a few screenshot to descirbe what i am talking about - in case anyone has any other ideas.

Those textures BTW are:
    A7_1_t
    A7_2_t
    F14_1_t
    F14_2_t
    Airwing_1_t
    Airwing_2_t

and the spec, LM and hanger (hangar) versions...

Two screenshots attached.
    First and second pictures are partially completed Air Wing for Connie (CVW-9- NG)
    Last one is Connie with new textures substituted - but still Kitty Hawk Air Wing (CVW-11 - NH) aboard...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aerosoft Connie 2 in mcx.jpg   Aerosoft Connie 3 in mcx.jpg   fsx 2015-08-10 12-58-44-12.jpg  

Great work Deke.. much appreciate your efforts You must be getting weary of duplicating air wings by now.. I know I would!!

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    Any chance we can see a screen of the sister ships?
    This is for the payware Kitty Hawk (free with the Aerosoft F-14). I'll do one for Warren's models too

You really wouldn't want to be at the sharp end of these four girls would you. The firepower of each one is phenomenal!!

They're all carrying the same air wing at present but Deke is working on that

ATB
    DaveB

Here's a couple of Warren's models. Kitty Hawk is in it's modern airwing fit loaded as 'Crowded' and Constellation has Deke's 'retro' airwing in 'Launch' config

ATB
    DaveB

I've just noticed something. Just taken Kittyhawk V 1.5 into Modelconverter X to see if there was anything obvious I could do to drive the Frames down and realized this things got over 2070 platforms on it!!!! I'm going to try and reduce it but its not easy as every upwards surface and runway marking is a platform! I'll let you know how I get on, unfortunately MDLConverterX doesn't allow you to bulk select platforms so i'm having to delete them one by one manually. I could be here some time

EDIT: SOD THAT FOR A GAME OF SOLDIERS!!!! Barely got 250 done before it crashed and expected me to start over! forget it anyone else wants to try be my guest but I'm not going through that again its like pulling teeth!

Interestingly this same issue exists with the Oriskney and the midway 1975 models both of which have frame rate issues, both of which have platform counts in excess of 2000. the Majestic class on the other hand has a platform count of nearer 40 and no fr issues.
    Last edited by Hooky722; August 16th, 2015 at 10:30.

2000 platforms does sound a bit excessive even though this carrier is much larger than the Majestic class you've compared it with Makes you wonder doesn't it.

EDIT: Just had a look at the Kitty Hawk which comes with the F-14.. it has 305 platforms!!

ATB
    DaveB

2000 platforms does sound a bit excessive even though this carrier is much larger than the Majestic class you've compared it with Makes you wonder doesn't it.

ATB
    DaveB
    If you look at the Mesh model in MDLConverter you can see where the decks been made up of tiny triangles hundreds of them and there all roughly around the areas of the deck where people have been having problems. I think we may have found our culprit here boys! I'd like to take one of the models delete all platforms then run auto-platform at a reduced definition (000.9 usually produces about 40 platforms) and see what happens but I genuinely don't have the time or patience to sift through and delete all those platforms unless someone knows a trick with MDLConverterX that I'm missing?

Dave, I grant what your saying about the difference in size between Oriskney, Midway, Kittyhawk and the Majestic but I've just pulled up Flying Stations Victorious and that hasn't even got a platform count higher that 27. I really do think there's something to this

Did you see my edit mate?? The much more detailed 'payware' Kitty Hawk has only 305 platforms and it's the same size.. it's the same carrier in fact!

ATB
    DaveB

Hooky..

Had a look at this model in MCX and notice the hangar is platformed too. While this is completely unnecessary at the moment.. I get the feeling that Warren was hoping someone would 'pick it up' and make a full-blown animated model out of it. I don't know what overheads these platforms make but they must impact somewhere.

ATB
    DaveB

Hooky..

Had a look at this model in MCX and notice the hangar is platformed too. While this is completely unnecessary at the moment.. I get the feeling that Warren was hoping someone would 'pick it up' and make a full-blown animated model out of it. I don't know what overheads these platforms make but they must impact somewhere.

ATB
    DaveB
    Agreed mate, sorry BTW I missed your edit earlier then my internet failed just when I was in the middle of the reply! It's been up and down like a yoyo recently but anyway, I'm going to get onto the Developer of MCX and see if they can integrate a bulk platform select if I can figure out how to submit a request on there site as looks a bit technical atm, but in reference to your point about the Payware Kitty Hawk 305 and 2065 is still a big leap I think we should start on the flight deck and work down that way we maybe able to leave the hanger alone for the most part and Warren can still have the possibility of an Animated model if someone picks it up. Btw, did you notice a frame rate hit in MCX when you looked at it It nearly caused my rig to keel over, no pun intended

Cheers

Hooky

Hammered the "Remove" button about 170 times and gave up. The awful thing is that MCX always needs a few seconds to catch up.

Exported as .x and tried to remove every entry for "mesh platform[number]" gave up after about 200 entries.

I'm angry and disappointed that this is basically an unsolvable issue. Stupid Sketchup crap.

Quote Originally Posted by navy81 View Post
    Those textures BTW are:
    A7_1_t
    A7_2_t
    F14_1_t
    F14_2_t
    Airwing_1_t
    Airwing_2_t

and the spec, LM and hanger (hangar) versions...

Two screenshots attached.
    First and second pictures are partially completed Air Wing for Connie (CVW-9- NG)
    Last one is Connie with new textures substituted - but still Kitty Hawk Air Wing (CVW-11 - NH) aboard...

Nice repaints but I'm a little concerned as I look at these images.

I just wanted to make it perfectly clear that all of the deck eye candy (aircraft, people, vehicles, tow bars, etc.) on the USS Kitty Hawk included in the Aerosoft F-14 package belong to Team SDB. Slightly modified by Mark Harper they are from our original 80s-90s Enterprise and the upcoming Vietnam era version. We allowed Mark to use them for his USS Kitty Hawk. This a commercial package that shall not be reverse engineered in any manner. Repaint them if you like for use on that ship but under no circumstances shall the "deck_statics.mdl" nor "hanger.mdl" be separated from the package and reused in any form anywhere else.

For folks not wanting the entire F-14 package, Team SDB has agreements in place with Mark to release the USS Kitty Hawk as a standalone package of three ships with appropriate texture (and tower number light modeling) changes for the USS Constellation and USS America. We're waiting on further development of the Enterprise to see if we will be able to include in a timely manner the option of F-4s rather than F-14's for optional earlier versions.

Exporting as .x from MCX (resulting file size: 29 MB and 1.5 million lines!) and importing that into Blender made it not respond.

In case anyone wants to give this a try:
    https://github.com/Littleneo/Directx_Blender/wiki

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    For using the CV-64 with CCP, add these lines at the end of the "PA.cfg"

[VEH_CV64]
    path = VEH_CV64
    VEH_CV64 = 57X
    Pos1 = 7.50, 40.00, 17.65, +1.0
    Pos2 = -15.50, 40.00, 17.65, -4.0
    Pos3 = 20.00, -65.00, 17.65, -4.0
    Spawns user's plane at the 3 working catapults. Only the "clean" version of the Carrier is supported
    due to the way it is modelled.
    What is CCP? Sounds interesting.

Members who have read this thread: 3