Making an AA gun fire "bursts"

Thread: Making an AA gun fire "bursts"

Making an AA gun fire "bursts"

The 127 Mm DP AA gun., I am assuming it should have "flak" "airbursts" but does not, how would make this gun fire put up flack bursts? It's the 127 MM from the bunker pack by AF I believe where it came from.

For a gun to make a flak cloud it needs to use Trigger 4 ??? in DPED.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    For a gun to make a flak cloud it needs to use Trigger 4 ??? in DPED.
    hmm it is set to 4?? but never see flak clouds from it.

Rate of Fire could be too slow or maybe it can't swivel. Look at the Swivel Limit in DPED and make sure it can move.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Rate of Fire could be too slow or maybe it can't swivel. Look at the Swivel Limit in DPED and make sure it can move.

okay, it is set Left -180 Right 180 same for up and down up 85 down -8 Range is set to 8500.Is that meters?

Quote Originally Posted by dasuto247 View Post
    The 127 Mm DP AA gun., I am assuming it should have "flak" "airbursts" but does not, how would make this gun fire put up flack bursts? It's the 127 MM from the bunker pack by AF I believe where it came from.
    Well I just did a test mission with the 127 mm DP and I get flak bursts.

2 questions to you is

1-Is it on the enemy territory side of the front lines? Might be a dumb question but everyone makes mistakes at times.

2- Do you have the right flak effects? It may use other effects then the stock AA guns.

Yup range is in meters. ↑ ↓ ← → is degrees. All looks fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookie View Post
    Well I just did a test mission with the 127 mm DP and I get flak bursts.

2 questions to you is

1-Is it on the enemy territory side of the front lines? Might be a dumb question but everyone makes mistakes at times.

2- Do you have the right flak effects? It may use other effects then the stock AA guns.

Yep, thought it was a enemy lines thing but was not.Which flak effects would suggest? I believe I am using stock.

Okay, got it working, not sure what was up.Rate of fire is kind of slow though.

Quote Originally Posted by dasuto247 View Post
    Okay, got it working, not sure what was up.Rate of fire is kind of slow though.
    Pen32Win usually made the AA fire the way it was supposed to.He did a pack that made all the AA guns function more realistic I think.

I also think the 127 mm was about a 4" or 4.5" gun so it would fire slower them say a 20 or 40 mm because they probably had to load each shell.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookie View Post
    Pen32Win usually made the AA fire the way it was supposed to.He did a pack that made all the AA guns function more realistic I think.

I also think the 127 mm was about a 4" or 4.5" gun so it would fire slower them say a 20 or 40 mm because they probably had to load each shell.
    True, it isaccurate, man can they do some damage if they actually hit or get close. Crippled my TBF

Members who have read this thread: 0