Windows 10 question

Thread: Windows 10 question

Windows 10 question

I have not been able to sign up for the upgrade to Windows 10, but apparently there IS a update available for me to do so.

But I read something about the changes that accompany Win 10, including no more Windows Media Center (which I don't use anyway), and removes the ability to burn DVDs? THAT, I would not like!

Any info on this? Thanks. NC

Have not heard that. But I quit using most of the windows programs for media anyway I use freeware VLC for most watching and ImgBurn for burning got them here: http://www.filehippo.com/software/dvd/
    You could give them a try or try some of the other options there before you switch over. Personally a bit hesitant to switch over to 10 I'm signed up but still, it ain't broke so do I want to fix it?

Blog Entries
    I understand if you don't like it ...winders 10.... you can hit "REMOVE" and bingo it is gone.
    Look What I Have Become!

Blog Entries
    down by your clock see pic to get win 10
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	get10.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	25274
    Look What I Have Become!

Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    I understand if you don't like it ...winders 10.... you can hit "REMOVE" and bingo it is gone.
    I still think I'm going to wait until more tech savvy and braver folks give it a try before I switch if I switch. My luck not only would 10 be gone but so would everything else. I just had to do an OS reinstall a few months ago due to my HD going out the thought of having to do that again doesn't make me smile.

From what I gather, windows 10 will still be free for a year after its release,mother end of this month. I am going to wait and see what happens after it is out, and people start finding flaws. NC

Members +
    The RTM version is out & reports have been excellent.
    Remember, it will be a constantly updated OS, so, any problems will be sorted out very quickly with the usual updates.
    Yup, free to eligible users for the first 12 months. Always free updates during this period & after.

Not having Media Center is really not a problem. I use Aimp for my audio playback, & Gom Player for video.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    From what I gather, windows 10 will still be free for a year after its release,mother end of this month. I am going to wait and see what happens after it is out, and people start finding flaws. NC
    "near the", not "mother"......geesh, stupid autocorrect. NC

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    The RTM version is out & reports have been excellent.
    Remember, it will be a constantly updated OS, so, any problems will be sorted out very quickly with the usual updates.
    Yup, free to eligible users for the first 12 months. Always free updates during this period & after.

Not having Media Center is really not a problem. I use Aimp for my audio playback, & Gom Player for video.
    I am concerned, however, if it is true that I won't be able to burn DVDs with Windows 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I am concerned, however, if it is true that I won't be able to burn DVDs with Windows 10?
    It's true. Here are alternatives. I can't determine so far if any of these alternatives will do all the functions Media Player did.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-alter...er-windows-10/

Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    down by your clock see pic to get win 10
    Odd that none of my four Win7 machines have the Win10 icon displayed!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    I use Aimp for my audio playback, & Gom Player for video.
    Wow, I have just retired WinAmp now I have learned about Aimp. Thanks for the info.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Odd that none of my four Win7 machines have the Win10 icon displayed!
    That is normal if you run Windows 7 Professional or Enterprise.

Johan

Oh yes, of course! <*facepalm*>
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Members who have read this thread: 0