Virtualcol Otter X _ July 17th - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virtualcol Otter X _ July 17th

Thanks Sieggie, I'll investigate further. On another note, Here are a few shots of the WhistlerAir Amphib model sitting at the docks at Whistler Waterdrome. Forgot I had done this a couple years ago but the amphib model jogged my memory so I reinstalled it and it looks great with the Orbx Global.

If someone from Virtualcol happens to read this. . .I can't use your "Contact us" message page because it requires that I type my name and there's no place that I see outside of the message section, to do that. So after typing a lengthy message, rather than it just saying "oops, forgot to add your name", it wipes the entire page clean and you have to start over again.

Try this one: (they are very openminded and relaxed)

desarrollo@virtualcol.com

Nice little scenery and you otter stands pretty correct on the floats and not tipped forward as on some screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by donnybalonny View Post
    Try this one: (they are very openminded and relaxed)

desarrollo@virtualcol.com

. . . . .your otter stands pretty correct on the floats and not tipped forward as on some screenshots.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    I do not have it yet so I am only guessing but does it allow beta on the prop like other turboprops. Maybe try moving the controls to half reverse and see if that helps.

Dave
    We are working on updates. It will take some time. Please be patient. You will be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    If someone from Virtualcol happens to read this. . .I can't use your "Contact us" message page because it requires that I type my name and there's no place that I see outside of the message section, to do that. So after typing a lengthy message, rather than it just saying "oops, forgot to add your name", it wipes the entire page clean and you have to start over again.
    try this. you have to log in
    https://www.virtualcol.com/products....ulogo=contacto

My two cents...

Well ... I've been warned.
    I'd never thought that it would be possible to stay even underneath the level of their poor Fokker 50 rendition - but it is.
    To use the politest phrasing possible, the exterior textures are a nice reminder of the good old days of FS95, and I can't figure out any repainter's skills to improve anything about it.

Is it so hard the use the correct blue shade of the RCAF roundel and to take care that the antiglare coating is applied to both sides?
    Check this out:

Even the engine obviously comes straight of the bargain bin, since it won't reach more than 1700 RPM, even in "all-to-the-wall" status:

Interestingly enough, the aircraft.cfg calls for 3100 max_rated_rpm. A decent P&W R1340 won't reach these revs without any serious consequences...
    The strobes flashing into the VC will lead to photosensitive epilepsy and I've never seen flashing landing lights before.
    No bump maps, no spec maps.
    Well, of course this was cheap. With a friendly 5 $ coupon redeemed, there's a sleek 9,20 $ left.
    Still too much, as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry, guys...

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    ...I've never seen flashing landing lights before.
    They are called Pulse Lights- https://preciseflight.com/general-av...eral-aviation/ ...and are quite common on DHC-2s and -3s.

No comment on anything else.

cheers,
    Lane

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Street View Post
    They are called Pulse Lights- https://preciseflight.com/general-av...eral-aviation/ ...and are quite common on DHC-2s and -3s.

No comment on anything else.

cheers,
    Lane
    Actually pulse landing lights are quite common, we have them on Learjets etc that I deal with.
    They stem from a US regulation for increased aeroplane conspicuity when below 10,000ft in a TMA

ttfn

Pete

I'd never thought that it would be possible to stay even underneath the level of their poor Fokker 50 rendition - but it is.
    To use the politest phrasing possible, the exterior textures are a nice reminder of the good old days of FS95, and I can't figure out any repainter's skills to improve anything about it.

Is it so hard the use the correct blue shade of the RCAF roundel and to take care that the antiglare coating is applied to both sides?
    Check this out:

Even the engine obviously comes straight of the bargain bin, since it won't reach more than 1700 RPM, even in "all-to-the-wall" status:

Interestingly enough, the aircraft.cfg calls for 3100 max_rated_rpm. A decent P&W R1340 won't reach these revs without any serious consequences...
    The strobes flashing into the VC will lead to photosensitive epilepsy and I've never seen flashing landing lights before.
    Well, of course this was cheap. With a friendly 5 $ coupon redeemed, there's a sleek 9,20 $ left.

Sorry, guys...

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Sorry my friend but in my opinion this isn't a nice attitude.

All products have some initial flaws and they're ironed out after release taking advantage of our observations, such as those you mentioned above. I'm sure the developers will take care of the identified problems if we let them know, but we have to respect their work. It is just a 10-ish dollar enjoyment after all, so nobody is in danger due to the flaws.

Wild Bills remarks are helpful - I am still on the fence with this release as this is an important aircraft for FSX. I am familiar with this developer as I had purchased one of their ATR packs...they are priced in accordance to their detail let's say -
    One of their people has said in an earlier post that some fixes were being worked on, so l plan to wait and see.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Check this out:

Sorry, guys...
    This thing was developed within a few short months and sells for an appropriate price, what the effin' hell do you expect?

its a alright buy i mean i know it needs a update but for 12-14 dollars its not to shabby plus no one else has done a otter for flight sim, so for what it is it is actually ok

It just needs some higher res repaints and I believe I would like it a little more.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    This thing was developed within a few short months and sells for an appropriate price, what the effin' hell do you expect?
    some developers set a low price point yet offer very nice products...some are free and are incredibly fine so simply going by price point can be a poor indicator or an incomplete indicator if you prefer.

having a customer relay their experience, albeit quite frankly, can be helpful - I think everyone is mature enough to take the human variables into account...

..for instance, I know that your experiences as a developer of FSX products causes a more pointed reaction to these things than some, Bjoern - but I appreciate some candor from customers as well as developers, even on these boards...

BtW - anybody wanna share an image of the cockpit after sunset...with the lighting and a whatnot?
    enter..the Sandman

I bought it. Cost me 7 bucks and some change..

Not sure which I tested but it barely got off the ground. I even hit some trees..

Gonna have to investigate more..

I have noticed the turbo prop variant is painfully under powered and needs alot more elevator authority, especially the float variant as it took me about 4-5 miles to get it airborne full bore.

Icon12

For what it's worth: we're building one too......
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

An update has been released by Virtual Col for the Otter series over at their websites "Updates Zone" - not sure what's changed though!

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    Classy.......

Otter update.

I installed the otter update. When I try to fly the turbine float plane it flips over onto its back as soon as it loads. Great improvement. I've already complained to Virtualcol. I am looking forward to FSAddon 's otter. Wish I had known about it before I bought this.

THAT is good news!!

Don

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Great news mate. Looking forward to it.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    Classy.......
    yeah...faux pas Francois..you could have started a new thread rather than head butt this one
    enter..the Sandman

@ Lane Street:
    Thank you for your correction concerning the flashing landing lights!
    My fault in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by GB View Post
    Sorry my friend but in my opinion this isn't a nice attitude.
    All products have some initial flaws and they're ironed out after release taking advantage of our observations...
    Maybe it's not 'nice', but I'd like to reserve the right to consider a rip off as such, even when it's a low price rip off.
    In my about 14 years of flightsimming, I've encountered some 'initial flaws' and learned to rectify or live with them - but this release just soaks with developer's disinclination!

Teasing out this amazing news was worth my mispurchase!
    The crippled Otter was erased from my hangar in this moment.
    Very much looking forward for your release!

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0