PMDG's next project, a DC-3 ?!?!?!?! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PMDG's next project, a DC-3 ?!?!?!?!

I cant describe in words properly how excited I am about PMDG maybe making a DC3, and I will be waiting at the gate for the DC6 release, a PMDG aircraft is like a glass of fine wine

And of course I''m a huge fan of the amazing freeware versions being worked on here

Plenty of room in my hangar for many DC3s!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbohobo View Post
    I cant describe in words properly how excited I am about PMDG maybe making a DC3, and I will be waiting at the gate for the DC6 release, a PMDG aircraft is like a glass of fine wine

And of course I''m a huge fan of the amazing freeware versions being worked on here

Plenty of room in my hangar for many DC3s!
    Ditto what Timbohobo said...
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    NABD*

*Not another bloody Dak!
    A Dak isn't a DC-3. It is a C-47. I can't wait for a straight DC-3 rather than its military brother.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Yesterday I receiver the new PCPilot magazine.

It includes an interview with Robert Randazzo, founder of PMDG.

While the focus of the interview was a preview of the PMDG DC-6, one specific answer from Mr Randazzo got me VERY excited (even though I can't wait to add the DC-6 to my FSX hangar).

I quote:

PC PILOT:
    Is this a one off or will we see more classic aircraft of yesteryear from the PMDG stable?

Robert Randazzo:
    I think there will be more. In fact, the team making the DC-6 has told me that there will be more.
    They have their eyes set on a particular DC-3..

OMG, I would be in seventh heaven if PMDG were to do (ANY) DC-3.
    Seriously, While I like the DC-3, its probably the most over done airplane of all the FS franchise. Possibly only exceeded by the 737. Manfred Jahn did the definitive DC-3 for FREE. I see no reason to pay for yet another dakota type. Having said that, I am delighted PMDG are working on a DC-6. Thats awesome.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    If more people jumped of the bandwagon regarding making planes FSX native, there could be a whole assortment of DX10-ready propliners for FSX. The Calclassic stuff even has a bit of damage modeling.
    Ummm Love to have a FSX Native C46 Humpty Commando.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Ummm Love to have a FSX Native C46 Humpty Commando.
    Ditto here!!
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Ditto the ditto - would love to see a C-46!

If you want a native C-46, ask Libardo Guzman for the source files and get to work. It's as easy as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    A Dak isn't a DC-3. It is a C-47. I can't wait for a straight DC-3 rather than its military brother.
    Marginal differences.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Seriously, While I like the DC-3, its probably the most over done airplane of all the FS franchise...
    Maybe if you are not in to more realistic flight simming, but.....

Seriously, what flight simulator platform are you on? Let's do the math:

FSX default DC-3 not even worth mentioning Strike 1
    Just Flight DC-3 An improvement to the default, but not up to par with current standards Strike 2
    MaamSim DC-3 FS-9 conversion, so not FSX native Strike 3
    Manfred Jahn's C-47 an excellent FREEWARE rendition if this iconic aircraft Finally scored.

So, if you want to state facts, please make sure they are correct.

And good news for anyone who is not waiting for a DC-3; just ignore this thread, and feel free to spend your hard earned money on whatever you like.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Okay, my message above might have been a bit harsh.

As these are "discussion" forums, I do enjoy hearing from simmers when they agree or disagree with something.

And sure there are aircraft that we like to see newer reditions of, like the constellation (as an example).

I just had to address the fact that there are members making statements, proving their right or wrong based on assumptions or incorrect facts.

You are all free of your own opinion, and I enjoy reading them, but keep them as such.. "your opinion".
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 0