RFN Etendard IVM/P
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFN Etendard IVM/P

RFN Etendard IVM/P

Anybody flying this one?

I can start the plane alright and the cockpit is well documented in the manual.
    There is, however, one small headscratcher:
    Why is the "Alter" light on the warning panel illuminated and what setting or switch is responsible for this?

Startup was done according to the manual, but both the english and french version don't go into detail regarding the warning lights.
    Googling the "problem" both in French and English wasn't successful either.
    The gauge code is contained in a .gau file, so I can't check the conditions that will make the light illuminate.

Does anybody have an idea what's going on? Sylvain peut-être? Frank?

Link (in case you forgot):
    http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr...ations.htm#Avi
    (Site might only work after a refresh.)

Bjoern, the light goes out once you throttle up, and will be back on once you put your throttle back in idle........

My guess is that the alternator is not getting enough power from the engine when engine runs in idle.

Hank

Hank's correct, it's the simulated low rpm alternator lag that causes that warning light. Drove me nuts as well until I said "to hell with it" and pushed up the throttle anyway (followed by the words" oh, that's what it was). lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi,
    I confirm what was said : "Alter" warning lights up when tension in AC circuit is too low. It can happen when the alternator is off or when rpm are too low for AC power need.

Regards,
    Sylvain

Thanks for the info !
    I made a short flight just to get it out of the hangar, and this small beast is really a blast. I confirm the ALTER light goes away as soon as the engine gets above 4700 rpm.

Bjoern, don't forget to download that magnificient photoreal repaint for the IVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Bjoern, don't forget to download that magnificient photoreal repaint for the IVP.
    Nah, I don't like photoreal paints. But thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Nah, I don't like photoreal paints. But thanks anyway.
    I'm more or less of the same thinking but it wouldn't hurt to check these out, they are exceptionally well done paints.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    An awesome model, and made more so by the repaint pack in question. RFN picked (to me) a uniquely interesting specimen of aviation. No coincidence that its tail and wings are shared with what is (again, in my view) the loveliest bizjet ever - the Dassault Falcon 20.

Thanks again, RFN, for this.

dl

BTW - any word on your "Cru" ....

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    ...No coincidence that its tail and wings are shared with what is (again, in my view) the loveliest bizjet ever - the Dassault Falcon 20...
    Oh yes please a Falcon 20 (or 10) by RFN ! S'il vous plait !

Well, a Falcon 20 would have its uses in FSX (Fed Ex!), but I guess that's more something for Restauravia than RFN.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I'm more or less of the same thinking but it wouldn't hurt to check these out, they are exceptionally well done paints.
    This one, ja?
    http://royalefrenchnavy_2.perso.sfr....e_Pack_V21.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    You shouldn't hot link to a download from outside the website. Not good form.

Scroll down to May 2011 on this page (http://mirage4fs.com/etendard_all.html) and you'll find them all going up.

Thanks for the info !
    I made a short flight just to get it out of the hangar, and this small beast is really a blast. I confirm the ALTER light goes away as soon as the engine gets above 4700 rpm.

'Tis a nice paint ...

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=vonstroheim;964793]Oh yes please a Falcon 20 (or 10) by RFN ! S'il vous plait !

Hey Monsieur - nice to see you posting again!

Just to be clear, because I think I maybe gave the impression that I had some kind of insight into RFN doing a Falcon 20 - I certainly do not, I just mentioned that in the real world, Dassault shared tail and other components between the two types.

Not that, if RFN did a Falcon 20, I'd complain ... But I highly doubt they would, as their mandate seems to be French Aeronavale boats and birds.

Glad to see the IVM/P resurfaced - handily in my list of "top ten" FSX freeware of all time list. And their boats, like the recent Flying Stations Victorious(es), are absolute works of art.

cheers,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    You shouldn't hot link to a download from outside the website. Not good form.
    Because this would invite the lazy to just click the link and download instead of going to the author's website and download?

Would've been easier if the RFN site had more "jump to" links.

J'aime ce oiseau.

The carrier could be a wee bit bigger though.

Nice shots there Bjoern.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

You guys should see the cockpit in Prepar3D v2.5!!!

Johan

In the 2.4 it's already quite pleasant. I don't know if the 2.5 brought anything new in the rendering ?

Not a fan of the blurring produced by the cockpit shadow shader.

Blurring Bjoerd?? I don't have any blurring with cockpit shadowing.......

Hank

Check Daube's screenshot and compare it to mine. The cockpit appears softer. Also, fake HDR glow on the attitude indicator. I don't like that.

The "soft" picture effect is due to my own antialiasing settings, not to the HDR.
    But yes, the glowy instruments are due to the HDR. I love it because the colors look better and the readability remains the same.
    The P3D default HDR is too dark. On the french forums I could find some "tweak" to make the HDR colors brighter and I'm still using that.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    The "soft" picture effect is due to my own antialiasing settings, not to the HDR.
    But yes, the glowy instruments are due to the HDR. I love it because the colors look better and the readability remains the same.
    The P3D default HDR is too dark. On the french forums I could find some "tweak" to make the HDR colors brighter and I'm still using that.
    Be interested in that. Link?

bob

Ah, in fact they refer to a topic on avsim as main source, so I'll post that link instead
    http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451123-brighter-hdr-tweak/
    For me, this has really changed the HDR in P3D. I wasn't using it before, because the picture was too dark.
    That tweaked HDR coupled with SweetFX really improved the picture in my P3D (2.4).
    I'm still far from what I was getting in FSX with the ENB "Sunlight" mod from the REX forums, but at least I got a bit closer.

Members who have read this thread: 0