Aeronca C3 Master -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aeronca C3 Master -

Aeronca C3 Master -

GAS is currently developing the C3 Master as our 2015 freeware offering to the community. Look for updates to progress here. (Some would say why, we say why not)

! LOL. Looks like a piper cub that needs to get out of the hangar more often!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    ! LOL. Looks like a piper cub that needs to hit the gym!
    True that only it's mother could love it but with that said it is iconic in that it kept general aviation alive during the great depression. At only a nickle an hour to fly as opposed to a dollar for the WACOs, Fleets and Travel Airs it allowed the "common" man access to the air. Amelia learned to fly in it as well.

Blog Entries
    I had a buddy back in the 70s that worked as an aircraft mechanic at Kelly Air Force base. He had a partially restored C3 Master and several variations of the Aeroncas. I never got to fly that Master but always wanted to. It was ugly but it really was flying by the seat of your pants. I think top speed was 67 mph. I loved flying his Aeroncas though. I am glad to see someone make the flying bathtub.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Holyfriggin'Lord,MaryandbabyJesus, dat thing's fugly as some fugly dogs out there. Probably even fuglier, and that's gotta say something!

hahahahaha..

Possible 'G' paints for this old bird too

ATB
    DaveB

Seriously, if these were the middle ages, that thing would be taken behind the barn and clubbed!

hahahahaha..

You kill me sometimes
    ATB
    DaveB

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Seriously, if these were the middle ages, that thing would be taken behind the barn and clubbed!
    Bjoern, down here in South Georgia, we have an expression: "That dog's so ugly, it's cute! " I saw a C-3 at an airshow in Alabaster, Alabama, several years ago.
    It really did fit that description.

RD

really looking forward to this!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

When I first saw this post, I was hoping this was going to be a redo of the Steve Myers Aeronca K. It was one of my favorite FS9 aircraft. The thought of a nice C-3 just wouldn't compute............sure am looking forward to this. When I was younger, I was given a ride in our Doctor's C-3. While it was updated with a 65hp Continental, it was very much a kick to fly. Can't wait for this to become available. Thanks to everyone at GAS.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    Bjoern, down here in South Georgia, we have an expression: "That dog's so ugly, it's cute! " I saw a C-3 at an airshow in Alabaster, Alabama, several years ago.
    It really did fit that description.
    Judging from the sheer number of ugly dogs (and cats) I get to see, that doesn't just apply to Alabama.

(But in Alabama, the "So ugly, it's cute." thing is probably a mantra if one ever wants to get married there. )

That is one really weird looking mother.

Anthin.

Looks like the landing was very hard, totally collapsing the landing gear.

Ah come on guys...you do not no a real beauty when you see one...LOL.... I guarantee she will be fun to fly though!

I have to admit I'm looking forward to this one. The first ultralight. Lol.

Sitting Here On The Gulf Coast,one sees THINGS flying that defy description...its JURASSIC park in the air...one such UGLY, misshapen outlandish Bucket mouth..happens to be the Best Flyer I Have Ever Seen.. No noble Eagle he! but a master flyer!.With Planes/ I never disliked any flying machine..Once in flight they all are a thing of beauty.....This Thing has a tail and wings..it leaves the ground and returns...What more can one ask for.???...OFF WE GO!..Thnx to the boys of GAS, These planes are part of history.I welcome them in my Sim..Thnx!

First looks

Plenty to do but decided to play today. One may ask where the pilot is. He decided to walk. It was faster

Very nice, can't wait until it is available.

I was going through some Oshkosh photos on Flickr and thought of the GAS project the moment I came across this one. These two are housed at the EAA Museum, and kept in flying condition - flown on rare occasions.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pol2010/19991092829/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pol2010/20151470236/

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post

Holyfriggin'Lord,MaryandbabyJesus, dat thing's fugly as some fugly dogs out there. Probably even fuglier, and that's gotta say something!
    ROFLMFAO!!!

I think it's pregnant too!!

J.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find something.....anything.....less pretty....

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    I think you'd be hard pressed to find something.....anything.....less pretty....

All airplanes are pretty, but some have rather minuscule levels of prettiness, such as this Transylvania Airtruk.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...12_Airtruk.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    ... One may ask where the pilot is. He decided to walk. It was faster
    Or less embarrassing?? Seriously, I know one simmer who may be quite excited by this, since he wanted to build one a while back.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 0