Aeronca C3 Master - - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aeronca C3 Master -

Update

I expect that it will be completed by next weekend, if all continues to go as expected. here are some shots

Not sure how I missed this thread but it looks great!

interesting selection, it's so ugly it's adorable LOL & I am certain will be a blast to fly. Looking forward to it, thank you for your efforts!
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Hey, the pilot finally swallowed his pride (or put on his beer goggles) and climbed into the cockpit!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Hey, the pilot finally swallowed his pride (or put on his beer goggles) and climbed into the cockpit!
    Even the gauges appear embarrassed to be seen in the plane and are all hiding at the bottom of the panel...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Even the gauges appear embarrassed to be seen in the plane and are all hiding at the bottom of the panel...
    The top part is where you tape your 'Learning to Fly' instructions.

I don't know if I've laughed more at the visuals or the thread comments. Thank heavens it looks slightly better in the sim than in real life. This plane proves that the physics of lift can put the unthinkable into flight!
    My Latest video at The Flight Level
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94PfWwteke8&t=41s

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    The top part is where you tape your 'Learning to Fly' instructions.
    Or the "At least I have an airplane. Others don't." mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    That IS the panel. Whats above it is an 8 gallon gas tank located between an ignition source and the pilot. The crash pad is there to give your head a place to rest before going up in flames

I think it i cool and in fact is my sightseeing bird of choice now for when I want to just cruise the scenery such as Pago Pago.

I think it's cool too, in a spooky kind of way and it definitely won't give us ooms!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Some C-3 comments - rather long and boring to most

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've actually flown in a C3 Master. I grew up in rural NE Arkansas. Cotton and Soybean country. My father was a farmer/ag pilot/mechanic. A doctor we knew from Memphis maintained an office in Osceola, Arkansas, the nearest town of any size to us. Osceola is about 50 miles north of Memphis. He commuted from Memphis in one of his aircraft. Normally he would use his Navion Rangemaster, but on rare occasions and when the weather was nice, he'd fly his Aeronca C-3 Master.

My dad and his business partner had "opened" the then new Osceola municipal airport. They offered flight instruction, fuel and had a branch operation of the Ag business there (which we all called crop dusting). One day when the Doc was getting ready to take off in his C-3, for his return to Memphis, he bet my dad he could take off on the ramp rather than using the runway. As I mentioned in the prior post, his C3 had been retro-fitted with a 65 Continental, so he would have easily made it, but he misjudged a little and clipped the fuel Island with his wing tip. This ended his flying for the day. He was surprised to learn my dad has his A&P license and knew how to repair the wing tip...............that was how I learned about the C3, I helped with the leading edge repair and the re covering and doping process. I also earned a ride in the ugly little thing. If memory serves me accurately, it was either red or orange red, It had doors but they were removed. We flew from Osceola (7M4) to a grass field on some property doc owned, did a couple of landings then returned. If I am remembering accurately, the control column, while appearing like the one in the model photos here, was in the exact center of the cockpit,. I also remember doc commenting it was placed there so it was available to both occupants...........he also said it was handy when he carried female passengers. That was about 50 years ago, and I've never forgotten that flight. While our family aircraft, at different times included a Champ, a Chief, a Super Cub and a Cessna 180, I've always had a soft spot for the little flying bath tub.

Spad, I sure hope there's a paint kit and/or a orange/red or red texture included in the package.

Thanks again for making the C3 available to us!

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    I think it i cool and in fact is my sightseeing bird of choice now for when I want to just cruise the scenery such as Pago Pago.

The more I fly it the better I like it. Its a bit of a hand full in P3D as you need to be mindful of the wind direction and speed. The operator will need at lease 10 knots on the nose to get airborne. That was the reason we went to the tail wheel configuration. With a tail skid the drag on the skid prevented the aircraft from rolling forward. None of these issues have been encountered in FSX or FSX SE.

Quote Originally Posted by binarkansas View Post
    I sure hope there's a paint kit and/or a orange/red or red texture included in the package.
    We'll make a paint kit available. Do you have a picture of a livery you have in mind? So far the only one included are in the post above.

I take the little C3 up for some sightseeing along the island and make a very bouncy landing (counts as three landings I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    We'll make a paint kit available. Do you have a picture of a livery you have in mind? So far the only one included are in the post above.
    Unfortunately, no. In those days photography was not given much thought. That was in around 1966 and even then the plane had been totally restored. I don't even know the N number, sorry. Glad you're including a paint kit.

BB

I Like It...a Historical Plane..from a different time and era!...“flying by the seat of your pants”. The C3 is also responsible for making private aviation affordable. It was the first really successful light plane on the market. Fuel economy was also affordable at 20 miles per gallon. Getting this aircraft in and out of small fields is easy with a 70 foot takeoff roll, 35 mph landing speed and a 12,000 foot ceiling. a BACK YARD PLANE!!..Again and Again The Boys at GAS take us back to yesteryear...with Models Of museum Quality,.And re- Introducing all to the wonders of Early Aviation...Thnx guys Great Job!!

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    I take the little C3 up for some sightseeing along the island and make a very bouncy landing (counts as three landings I think).

[Video]
    I quite like the idle sound. Sounds like a sewing machine.

(Yes, I know I'm giving this plane a hard time. I'm going to make up for it by taking it on a circuit and posting screenshots, pinky promise!)

Members who have read this thread: 0