Thank You Sim-Outhouse Community

Thread: Thank You Sim-Outhouse Community

Thank You Sim-Outhouse Community

Dear Friends, dear SIM-OUTHOUSE fellow simmers, you've managed to impress me again with your friendship.

THANK YOU for your gracious words and support for my country and for our people . I'm a proud member in this amicable forum for several years, enjoying your valuable advice, creative FSX products' comments that helped my purchasing decisions, free & professional quality FSX add-ons as well as free "commercial aftermarket" mods, mind blowing screenshots, nice and funny jokes, proud stories from aviation's present and past written down by many respectable members of this fantastic community, and a thousand other benefits that money can't buy.

Today, by reading the kind-hearted thread initiated by PLUTO 16 and SSW, and the comments that followed, I'm really excited by the undisputable proof that this community is a gathering of REAL FRIENDS, even if many of us have only communicated by the means of a soulless keyboards and a monitors.

THANK YOU again and may the Lord be with you and your families.

me too -

I got nothing but love and support for the people of Greece

sorry about the other thread...mea culpa
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    me too -

I got nothing but love and support for the people of Greece

sorry about the other thread...mea culpa
    Me as well; and thank you for the comments before heywooood. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries
    That is so true.
    The community here is filled with people we have never met, except for here or on other sites.
    But we are a community of friends.....who at times act more like family.....we are all imperfect
    but we stand together when needed, and for most here, we respect eachother.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Blog Entries
    Saw Yanni at the Acropolis and met some wonderfully warm Greek people. Wishing Greece the best in these troubled times. The people of SOH are a cut above when it comes to being helpful to others. Glad you like it here...
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Me as well; and thank you for the comments before heywooood. :-)
    one of my many character flaws, Milton - I'm prone to the occasional rant....apparently
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by GB View Post
    THANK YOU for your gracious words and support for my country and for our people......
    Hi GB,
    I'm Italian (I'm also Greek Citizen) and I live in Athens, I hope God will help us......

You are welcome.

Keep strong Bro! It's the time for the real patriots to demostrate his love for his country.

One question. Why the Hellenic Air force still operates the F-4E Peace Icarus 2000?

Thank you for this thread! This gives me the opportunity to publicly thank PLUTO (btw, lord of the underworld according to Greek mythology) for his generous offer. Even if we wished to buy any FS products, our CCs are now blocked from sending money abroad. At least we will have the opportunity to spend some quality FS time with SSW creations and forget the RL issues for a while.

Thank you also to the whole crowd here for their support. You are the best!

@ce_zeta: I assume we fly the upgraded Phantom, along with the M2000-5 and F-16C Block52+ simply because it still does the job and because there is not enough funding atm for more modern purchases. The venerable A-7s were just retired a couple of months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    @ce_zeta: I assume we fly the upgraded Phantom, along with the M2000-5 and F-16C Block52+ simply because it still does the job and because there is not enough funding atm for more modern purchases.
    Mirage 2000-5 and F-16C52+...it doesn't get more modern than that.

Just adding my +1 to this thread.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Just adding my +1 to this thread.
    And mine +

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    @ce_zeta: I assume we fly the upgraded Phantom, along with the M2000-5 and F-16C Block52+ simply because it still does the job and because there is not enough funding atm for more modern purchases. The venerable A-7s were just retired a couple of months ago.
    My question is not about quality, it's about quantity. HAF have about 150 F-16C Block 30,50 and 52+ added to a fleet of 25 Mirage 2000-5 mk2 and 18 EGM. The size of the fighter fleet is amazing.
    HAF is the second or Third European Air force by size!

ce-zeta, I would prefer not to get into that discussion as I feel we would have this thread closed very soon too and it would be a shame. Let's just stay on topic.

Again thank you to all who have expressed their sympathy. It is much appreciated.

Bad times if we, the simmers, cannot talk about our passion, the aviation in a aviation forum.
    But respect your decision Bro.

Keep strong!

Blog Entries
    My +1 as well.

Also my most heartfelt respect and compassion for your courageous countrymen and women.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I have the greatest sympathy for poor Greece in this Euro mess, especially as ancient Greece showed us all the route to democracy.

For we staff, the Outhouse rules ask that we all leave our guns and politics at the door before we enter.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I just received authorization codes for the SSW planes that I downloaded for free a few days ago, after their kind offer.

This gesture is really appreciated and could not come at a better time for us in this country. Let's hope for better times down the road.

Icon22

After their generous offer, I just compiled my order for the SSW planes and now I'm waiting for the download link.

I want to subscribe the Dimus's words :

"This gesture is really appreciated and could not come at a better time for us in this country. Let's hope for better times down the road."

A VERY BIG "Thank You" to my connational Emanuele/Pluto12 (casually we have the same name) and, of course, to ALL the great SSW Team.

I haven't always seen eye to eye with SSW, but their offer of support for our Greek simmers was indeed a very moving example of solidarity!

My most heartfelt support and positive thoughts go out to the Greek people in these harsh times.

Another thing: I strongly believe that after what happened last weekend, there is growing support for the Greek people among the peoples of Europe.

Take care,

Johan

Members who have read this thread: 0