Game engine developer program Unity 5.1.1f1 (64-bit)

Thread: Game engine developer program Unity 5.1.1f1 (64-bit)

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries

Game engine developer program Unity 5.1.1f1 (64-bit)

WOW!! This is the program used to develop WOFF 2.0 and the shaders we now have for CFS3
    It is a Game engine development Program.

From the first glance, one can Build a game engine or Modify a game engine.

Andy, and some of the Computer Masters need to look at this.
    I am going to try to learn this Might take me a year to get a basic understanding since i am just a silly hobbit without any serious computer development skills.
    It is available Free version at:

http://unity3d.com/get-unity

With this we can completely rebuild the game engine in CFS3 to be Far more modern, and inclusive. from the glance i have made of the documentation
    I hope some of the Computer experts Here in the CFS3 family should have a go with this for CFS3 .

It will take a CRAZY hobbit a year just to start to understand all of this with My limited skills.

It is a Huge download 1.3 gig for the freeware version.

This is a good find, Owen!

Maybe we can get a story-driven campaign with character development and all sorts of goodies like that.

Or, maybe even the possibility of full-height carrier take-offs and landing.

But, I agree, someone should definitely take a look at this in the future!
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

Just a quick look, but I don't see this as being able to change anything within the existing game engine, just a way to create a shell program with a different UI interface before you drop back into the original game code.

Perhaps I'm missing something fundamental about what this is.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Major ,
    I didn't find this Stary turned me onto this.

In the edit section you can rebuild a existing game, if I understand this correctly.
    With Stary's inside information the WOFF folks used this program to help edit and Build WOFF 2.0.

I would take me a lifetime to learn this with my limited skills,
    and I asked if this could be used to rebuild CFS3 the answer was Yes, But it would be difficult and very time consuming.
    I am going to attempt to learn this might take a Hobbit a year or two but what the heck If I can..
    It could be used to advance our beloved CFS3..

The advanced Payware version has so many more tools also, to work with..
    The freeware is somewhat more limited in what it will do..
    But that is to be expected..

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Just a quick look, but I don't see this as being able to change anything within the existing game engine, just a way to create a shell program with a different UI interface before you drop back into the original game code.

Perhaps I'm missing something fundamental about what this is.
    Hi Majormagee, if that is the case, maybe we could develop something like the old OFF interface, or Winding Man's scenery manager, for CFS3 ETO? I would dearly love to access the campaign mission file in the App Data pathway (_mission.xml) prior to taking off on a campaign mission. The skill setting always seems to default to 1, its much more interesting/challenging when the skill setting is "3". Somehow the OFF/WOFF franchise controls the skill settings inthe _mission.xml much better using "2" and "3" mostly. Aces always get "3".

Members who have read this thread: 0