How to assign planes to use Dbolt weapons.

Thread: How to assign planes to use Dbolt weapons.

How to assign planes to use Dbolt weapons.

How would I go about having an aircraft use Dbolt's excellent weapons.Specifically, the FDG SBD5, it uses stock weapons which compared, are awful.This is for personal use. Would I just edit the DP ?

Yup DP edit. Weapons are listed in [PAYLOAD.#]s also you may have to move the [HARDPOINTS] mounts.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Dasuto,

Look for Talon's Gaudacanal campaings, I'm pretty sure they have modified dps for the FDG SBD5.

I find it easier to use Notepad to make small changes to dp files, not least because I use WIN 7, & DPEdit doesn't like WIN 7...

Once you understand the structure, it can be quicker too.

The help files that come with DPEdit are useful for this.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    ....also you may have to move the [HARDPOINTS] mounts.
    Absolutely right.

Third party, non-stock weapons 98% of the times do not share the same position as the stock ones. Replacing them always entails hardpoint adjustments.

Here's how you go about it:

[HARDPOINTS]
    mount.0=0.5, -1.0, 1.5
    mount.1=-0.5, -1.0, 1.5

first digit group after the = sign -> distance from longitudinal centreline of the aircraft. Increasing this figure moves the weapon to the right, decreasing it moves it to the left. In the above example mount.1 is placed in the same position, opposite side (- minus sign), of mount.0. It usually means bombs.

second digit group after the first comma -> height. Increasing this figure raises the weapon, decreasing it lowers the weapon.

third digit group after the second comma -> forward/backward. Increasing this figure moves the weapon forward, decreasing it moves the weapon backward.

It's a trial-and-error procedure, as with almost anything else in CFS2. Go by increments/decrements of 0.5 until you find the desired spot, you have almost no limits to the number of decimals after the decimal point. I do not exceed 3 decimals, or x.xxx.

Dbolt's U.S. Enhanced Weapons v.2 lay pretty close to the stock hardpoints, yet they need a little adjustment. Dbolt himself tells in his readme how the adjustments should be carried out. Not all of the addon weapon designers provided adjustment figures, but most of them did.

Bottom line, always read the readme files!

Have fun!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Thats why I made mine like so,

Aircraft DP Notes:
    When adding any of my bombs to the aircraft DP files, you only have to find the pylon/carrier location. I have made all of the bombs fit their pylon/carrier. This means if you place the pylon at mount.0=0, 0, 0 then the bomb will go to the same location.
    Example;
    [HARDPOINTS]
    mount.0=1.75,-0.58,-0.3
    mount.1=1.75,-0.58,-0.3

Its how it should be, IMHO. Who wants to have to go and find both locations.

Note that some model the weapon off the center. I always have the model centered except when the weapon has a carrier/pylon. In which case the carrier/pylon is centered. This can make a difference with different models.

Also some models are not set to the proper scale. Both Allen's and mine are set to real world scale. I think DBolts are as well, unless otherwise noted. So if you have one that looks too big then that would be the reason why.

Keep that in mind when you use different weapon packs.

Advantage of using DPed is you can move the hardpoint location in the blueprint box. Like wise if you enter the number you can see it move as well. Great for the first time addition on a new weapon.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Dasuto,

Look for Talon's Gaudacanal campaings, I'm pretty sure they have modified dps for the FDG SBD5.

I find it easier to use Notepad to make small changes to dp files, not least because I use WIN 7, & DPEdit doesn't like WIN 7...

Once you understand the structure, it can be quicker too.

The help files that come with DPEdit are useful for this.
    Uncle Tgt is right,I just checked the SBD 5's from Talon's Guadalcanal Campaigns and they all have DBolt weapons. He also did the FDG SBD 3 with DBolt weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Third party, non-stock weapons 98% of the times do not share the same position as the stock ones. Replacing them always entails hardpoint adjustments.
    As far as I remember, DB weapons (or at least his US bombs) can use the same hardpoint values as the stock ones, so no need to edit them.

Members who have read this thread: 0