MV F-4E Phantom II Released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: MV F-4E Phantom II Released!

Fifty bucks and the price will go up? I'll pass.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by morpheusfz View Post
    what Version Number is the Release Version?

I get no E-Mail from Mivliz
    1.150704v.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post

Cees
    I think it's gone up Cees. I checked the price straight after Kat posted and it was shown at $39.99. I wondered then what the final price would be and it appears to be $50.. all but a cent! A bit rich for me but I don't want this version anyway thank goodness.
    ATB
    DaveB

I saw this VF-142 paint while browsing this thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-4E-Phantom-II does anyone know where I can download it?

Thanks
    Last edited by Wingmate; July 5th, 2015 at 12:46. Reason: Forgot the link

Military Air Simulation
    Fighter Squadron 142

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    1.150704v.

When any of you installed the latest version, did you get the Milviz ACM added to your desktop? I did not. In fact, I don't have it at all.

d

For me the ACM is located in a folder named Milviz/F4E in my FSX folder. It never put a shortcut on my desktop.

Military Air Simulation
    Fighter Squadron 142

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post

Cees
    Beautifull work, but same here...

Hi

The price is 49.99 and will not go up from there. It's a fair price given two plus years of work.

Thank you.

Kat.

Considering not everyone is a jet jockey in FSX it's fair.
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    And this is what she looks like in P3D v2.5

Magnificent!

Johan

Go CAG 30 !!! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSHQ View Post
    Considering not everyone is a jet jockey in FSX it's fair.
    In pre-order period + 2 days after the price was on the level 39,99$ for FSX or P3D. It isn't a cheap, agree but 40-50$ for advanced and realistic model of military jet or big liner is acceptable I think. It isn't only nice looking 3D model + simply avionics systems and FM in this case.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

F-4J?

Web site suggests only F-4E model. Where is the USN J model coming from?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hi,

The F-4J external only mdl is included in the package but is totally unsupported.

This is the reason it is not mentioned.

Thank you.

Kat.

Hmm.. I might have nipped in at the $39.99 price point had I known that. Never mind.. one thing I DO have is time

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hmm.. I might have nipped in at the $39.99 price point had I known that. Never mind.. one thing I DO have is time

ATB
    DaveB
    Plus extra for a Tacpack add-on think ill wait until there's a sale on somewhere... Its a nice looking model and I do want it but spent too much recently with the JF Tonka and the Mrs birthday. Secondly I also would like the Razbam A-7, anything modern with Tacpack is near enough a guarantied purchase for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post

ATB
    DaveB
    To be fair, in the very first post Katoun did warn us the price would go up quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    To be fair, in the very first post Katoun did warn us the price would go up quickly.
    That's not in dispute mate. Seems there were a few of us here that weren't really interested in the 'E' so didn't keep our digits on the pulse with what else might be in the release package.. eg.. the 'J' (albeit with the E panel). I don't have TacPac so that doesn't bother me but I might have been swayed to leap in just to get the J. Kat did say in this thread that the J isn't supported so wasn't/isn't mentioned so I guess it's a sort of 'Easter Egg' for those who were committed enough to go for the E
    ATB
    DaveB

The Milviz F-4E package is for me one of my favorites. This is especially true because they included the F-4J model with the release. Two aircraft in one package. When the beta models came out at the reduced price I got the chance to paint both the E and J models. Naval aviation has always been one of my interests so I concentrated on the J model. More of my paints will be posted here at SOH as time goes on. I just have to package them up for release.

Knowing the time and resourses it took to produce this great aircraft the price definitely seems quite fair. I especially appreciate the offer to participate in the beta program at a lessor price. Thanks Milviz for the F-4 Phantom II.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

No flight controls - User Error

The problem with my lack of flight controls has been solved. The latest version requires a controller and cannot be ran from a keyboard. So this eliminates using this sim on my gaming notebook unless I also drag along the controller. Back to a dedicated controller on the desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBleeker
    I missed the keyboard reference somehow....Sorry but this bird requires a controller. You can use trim commands in FSX (or assign in the ACM) and you will get slight, very slow stick movements from the trim motors but no direct keyboard control due to the nature of the flight control systems in this bird.
    How and why this changed from the previous beta versions has me scratching my head, but I understand this is what people want for mil jets.

Milviz should update the system requirements statement on their web sales page, because I see no such controller - stick or yoke requirement. All previous versions worked with the keyboard. Yep, user error!

d

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSHQ View Post
    Boxed version of FSX Acceleration, although i do have the STEAM version also. I only use boxed as of right now. No support forums for F-4 that i can see just the General.
    Did you miss this instruction on the installer's background screenshot?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 97d2dcf7a8.jpg  
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

One simply does not operate a highly complex military jet in FSX without a controller lol. Its been a basic assumption of ours since the F-15E. The previous beta versions worked because the flight control system was far from complete back then. With such an assumption its not hard to miss the word "keyboard"....
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    One simply does not operate a highly complex military jet in FSX without a controller lol. Its been a basic assumption of ours since the F-15E. The previous beta versions worked because the flight control system was far from complete back then. With such an assumption its not hard to miss the word "keyboard"....
    Oh I understand that. As I often use a gaming notebook for FSX (HP Omen), I just use the keyboard when I am traveling and when demonstrating products. Oh well, silly me. Funny, I fly your F-15E, F86, Stuka, T-38 and P-38 just fine without a controller. At the least put the controller as a requirement on the purchase page. That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    The Milviz F-4E package is for me one of my favorites. This is especially true because they included the F-4J model with the release. Two aircraft in one package. When the beta models came out at the reduced price I got the chance to paint both the E and J models. Naval aviation has always been one of my interests so I concentrated on the J model. More of my paints will be posted here at SOH as time goes on. I just have to package them up for release.

Knowing the time and resourses it took to produce this great aircraft the price definitely seems quite fair. I especially appreciate the offer to participate in the beta program at a lessor price. Thanks Milviz for the F-4 Phantom II.
    Agreed 150%! I got to upgrade to the dual installer for just 15€! That is a bargain!

It looks great and flies like a Phantom: America's proof to the world that even a brick will fly with a big enough engine!!

Johan

Don't get Crusader jocks started on that!!

Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outof_f8 copy.gif 
Views:	0 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	24880

+1
    I know there are some companies that will inflate the price if they release an aircraft that is very popular in the real world,
    This isn't one of them though, there is a lot of substance here that takes a lot of man hours to produce.
    I think it was an ambitious undertaking, one that inches Flight Sim forward like so many good products do.
    That added detail is important to some and to others it isn't.
    I consider this one worth saving up for, it is going to be around a while.

Members who have read this thread: 1