MV F-4E Phantom II Released! - Page 14
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: MV F-4E Phantom II Released!

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    It isn't taking off, landing or yanking and banking I am wondering about, have you tried various mission profiles.
    Can you cruise at altitude with external stores ect.
    could you get the range you would expect?
    I think that Yoyo would be better placed to respond to that Joe Bob!

It eats up fuel pretty fast, and I haven't done any arial refueling!

Sorry 'bout that!

Johan

Its possible for sure but the drag will be high if You have loaded many bombs ect. External tanks are necessary.
    Service pack will bring some of changes in FM and Drag for this kind of long operations with large loadout.
    For long way I fly with throttle near close to turn on afterburner for saving a fuel but I'm trying don't turn on AB on the fly or for short time only.
    My longest flight was near 2 h (RL time) from the cold & dark start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    I think that Yoyo would be better placed to respond to that Joe Bob!

It eats up fuel pretty fast, and I haven't done any arial refueling!

Sorry 'bout that!

Johan
    Arial refueling not yet finished in this model. It will be available with TacPack integration or sooner.

Service pack is soon I think. Some of changes in J/S model too.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

YoYo needs to not speak on behalf of Milviz when it comes to what features will be available and when. I would leave those comments to Katoun, JB or Colin or Bill. Not that it may not be public knowledge or in the features forums, but as a Beta tester we don't make policy or promises. Just food for thought.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    YoYo needs to not speak on behalf of Milviz when it comes to what features will be available and when. I would leave those comments to Katoun, JB or Colin or Bill. Not that it may not be public knowledge or in the features forums, but as a Beta tester we don't make policy or promises. Just food for thought.
    Agreed. These days its hard to understand who speaks for Milviz other than Kat, JB or Colin.

As a side note, I have politely asked for an update on the next release but so far no responses. I'm really enjoying the current release, and am looking forward to what is forthcoming. I'm very curious as to what new features we can expect. Regardless, its best to wait and see.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Agreed. These days its hard to understand who speaks for Milviz other than Kat, JB or Colin.

As a side note, I have politely asked for an update on the next release but so far no responses. I'm really enjoying the current release, and am looking forward to what is forthcoming. I'm very curious as to what new features we can expect. Regardless, its best to wait and see.
    Heads down on bug fixes and new features.
    -JB

Well said rick

YoYo needs ...
    Hi Rick, but "soon" means "soon", nothing more :], it wasn't the official position of MV for sure (who think it that?) and words about AtwoA refueling wasn't my but of Kat here. It was considered as part of TP or gauge only before.
    I wait for this possibility also and official comments. Ok, sorry, I'm back to topic .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It isn't taking off, landing or yanking and banking I am wondering about, have you tried various mission profiles.
    So Today mission - destroy Hanoi Transformer Station at N20* 57.3628', E105* 50.0434' (short story).
    Take off from Yankee Station away> Go to point on 40 nm E from Hanoi > destroy transformer station in Hanoi > back to Carrier at Yankee Station. No aerial refuelling.

Preparing to take a place and seting up INS system for The Target area.

Phantom is full loaded for this mission with 12xMk-82 and 2 external tanks for transfering the fuel in the air. Something near 57500 LBS in total. Heavy piece of cow!

Hard Take off, the mission began.

Climbing to 26.000 ft. Turned off AB and cruise flight with Alt hold near 400 kts of TAS.

After 45 minutes I crossed the green border. Time to follow on the Target (TGT1).

Let's do a little mess. Hanoi. Direct hit! Time to back at home.

Welcome back Yankee station. Be ready for my landing. The mission accomplished.

@joe bob. So the answer is yes ; >. I landed with 1250 lbs of fuel, not a lot but in total (75% of fuel with 2 external stores) it was enough for 1:45h mission without aerial refuelling.

Icon14

Impressive ! Now that's interesting... Where do I join ?...
    My Military Flight Videos :

Impressive images. Love that old Ektachrome look.
    Can't wait to get my hands on the Phantom.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Again, I am saying can you fly by the book. It is all there in the manual.
    I am talking not just can you fly 120 miles and back, I am talking would you have the fuel you would expect when you got here, would you have the performance that would be expected by the -1
    As it was released for sale, take that exact load and fly it at altitude, no continuous AB for climb, no tapping the burner for cruise and come near the books performance figures.
    Can you load up air to air missiles and external fuel tanks and get anywhere near the expected performance.
    I am not talking about nitpicking over a small difference, the difference is significant.

They appear to be working on it but now is the time to get this right.
    If everyone is content with screen shots and turning and burning around the flag pole then I couldn't blame them for not spending the man hours to not only get this right but the S right as well.

The payload drag issue has been resolved at least according to my tests. Waiting for further info from the testers.
    -JB

Ok. You really have a point. I also prefer to "turn & burn" with an aircraft simulated at the max.

But what does this mean on the other hand ?... Should I cease having fun with her as a measure
    of pressure towards the developers ?... until they get it right ?... It's somewhat exaggerated.

Nice new skin Zsolt!

YoYo , nice mission planning and execution ... wicked screen edits

Found on Milviz Forum, one user (Xpel) working on this non official mod:

It looks like he uses Captain Sim Weapon (weapons management) + TacPack (models of weapon) but Im not sure in 100%.

It looks like he uses Captain Sim Weapon (weapons management) + TacPack (models of weapon) but Im not sure in 100%.
    Yeap. This is me and you're 100% correct.

Since she's not Tacpacked yet (and I can't wait enough for it...), I decided to arm her with CS Weapons but using the better VRS models & effects.
    It's the sequel to a video of firing an AIM9, I posted in this thread also.

My intention is for proper visual & payload changes for this configuration : 2xAIM7, 4xAIM9, 6xMk82 for Combat Mission flying (and I mean in FSX Missions).
    I'll release it for CS Weapon users as soon as I'll finish it (of course without the VRS staff).

If you want to see more details about this, as also various staff I "gather" for making a "Vietnam Combat environment" for the F-4, take a look here :

http://forum.fsxwar.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=3239&sid=656e5a814461772065641 3dcbe2f680b#p3239

BTW : I've made a .gif with your storytelling photos. I hope you don't mind...

Hi,

We have now released the MV F-4E Phantom II Service Pack 1. Note that this is, for the moment, only available on our support forums. Once we fix the last major bug (shared cockpit), we will be sending it out to all vendors and all clients.

Thank you for your patience.

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

We have now released the MV F-4E Phantom II Service Pack 1. Note that this is, for the moment, only available on our support forums. Once we fix the last major bug (shared cockpit), we will be sending it out to all vendors and all clients.

Kat.
    CRG! Its a very well done update.

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    Yeap. This is me and you're 100% correct.

http://forum.fsxwar.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=3239&sid=656e5a814461772065641 3dcbe2f680b#p3239

BTW : I've made a .gif with your storytelling photos. I hope you don't mind...
    Wow, nice gif! Thx for reply about weapons for F-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

Kat.
    Thanks, Kat.

For some reason I was under the impression that this release would include the "S" model. Guess I'm confused as usual. Is the "S" model still planned? If so, will it be part of the next Service Pack or a separate package? Just curious. Thanks again.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Hi,

The J/S model (with the S VC) will be a completely different product. It will include the following:

1) a J model external with the leading edge flaps, BLC and a corrected FDE for these.

2) a S model external AND VC with leading edge slats, no BLC and a corrected FDE for these.

We are hoping to do a carrier as well but that is not yet certain. It is under consideration. We will, of course, make both of these carrier compatible and we MAY implement autoland. Again, this is uncertain.

Thank you.

Kat.

Members who have read this thread: 1