MV F-4E Phantom II Released! - Page 5
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: MV F-4E Phantom II Released!

Icon5 I'm curious...

Looks great, Skyhawk. Looking forward to them...

BTW - How did you get the white sidewinders? Mine are brown in color.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Looks great, Skyhawk. Looking forward to them...

BTW - How did you get the white sidewinders? Mine are brown in color.
    Well, these were painted long ago. At that moment, the sidewinders were white (even with yellow head ).
    The sidewinders are not a part of the livery. I will check, and have a look at the colors as soon as I start working on these again.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    Well, these were painted long ago. At that moment, the sidewinders were white (even with yellow head ).
    In the last official build - Sidewinders and Sparrows are brown, but for me it looks like wrong spec file for missiles (?). I'll wait for the update of this or I'll create a fix.
    Still learning and enjoying.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Duckie posted the same question on the Milviz forum, but so far no response.

In the primary texture folder there are two textures for the aim-9. When I matched what is loaded on the Phantom vs. these textures, it looks like the aim-9NP.dds is being referenced.

I also noticed that the aim-9NP.dds is 1024 X 246 vs. 512 X 128 for the aim-9.dds. Both texture files look as they should, so I'm baffled as to why they show up brown when loaded.

Be nice to get a fix before someone starts making bad jokes.
    -- WH

If your AIM9s are brown, take a look at your starboard stabilator, the inner half will be brown too!

It's not the spec files. I tried it without the spec files all together and still got the same effect.

Hope some body comes up with a fix. For now mine is shelved.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Now I do like this Screen .. maybe its the Connie in the back

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    If your AIM9s are brown, take a look at your starboard stabilator, the inner half will be brown too!

It's not the spec files. I tried it without the spec files all together and still got the same effect.

This was d/l'ed and installed Monday - white AIM-9's. Must be a 'local' issue of some sort. And I've had no problems with crashes or fps. Just not very good at flying it! Just waiting for the paint kit......

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post

Hmmm, so maybe MDL problem? They are very shiny.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

A brilliant add-on and I'm in the process of registering with the support forum but meantime, has anybody come across this??

Afterburner texture peeping out the side of the fuselage. Embarrassing...!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Dave, there's an open thread on the support forum re the "wandering AB". I believe they are working on it but check it out to be sure.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Hi,

We are looking into the texture issues. These will also be fixed in the incoming hotfix.

Thank you.

Kat.

I have the P3D 2.5 offering and so far I have not seen the texturing or effects issues
    When will the repaint kit be available and will there be a separate for the J/S?

Best
    Dag

Hi,

The paint kit will only be ready on Saturday as Colin has other things he must do before that.

Both aircraft use the same paint kit as they are essentially the same except for the nose.

Thank you.

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    This was d/l'ed and installed Monday - white AIM-9's. Must be a 'local' issue of some sort. And I've had no problems with crashes or fps. Just not very good at flying it! Just waiting for the paint kit......

DaveQ
    What do you mean by "local" issue? Sounds like some of us have some kind of disease when you put it that way.

Do you have some suggestions or answers as to why some have brown missiles? I went through several installs/uninstalls and downloads on Monday, until Jon provided me with an alternate F4_sys.dall file to get the jet fired up. So why should my external missile textures be any different than yours?
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by DagR View Post
    I have the P3D 2.5 offering and so far I have not seen the texturing or effects issues
    When will the repaint kit be available and will there be a separate for the J/S?

Best
    Dag
    I also havent any problems with this AB textures in FSX.

What do you mean by "local" issue? Sounds like some of us have some kind of disease when you put it that way.

Do you have some suggestions or answers as to why some have brown missiles? I went through several installs/uninstalls and downloads on Monday, until Jon provided me with an alternate F4_sys.dall file to get the jet fired up. So why should my external missile textures be any different than yours?
    Id like to know too :]. vA1.150704 of F-4E.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

The paint kit will only be ready on Saturday as Colin has other things he must do before that.

Both aircraft use the same paint kit as they are essentially the same except for the nose.

Thank you.

Kat.
    Is there a way to fix the "slots" on the J model for the "slime"/ formation lights? The J never had these. Even the S wasn't "built" (remanufactured) with these lights) - again, these came in very late in its life. This was explained in great detail a number of times, many months ago, and if I recall correctly, was to be fixed. Maybe the assumption on the part of the modellers was that since the E had them from the start of its life, that the J did too. But this was simply not the case.

I get there are certain known/planned "inaccuracies" (slats, etc.) that we all happily accept just to have a naval version. But this lights issue is a pretty big one, as it creates a visual anachronism that's a good 15 years in size. All the J paints are compromised, and since they (and the model as a whole) are of such a great quality, it would be a shame if these 4 pesky slots couldn't be filled in.

Thanks,

DL

EDIT: just noticed some screenshots of the "J" have the slots showing the lights, others don't. Looks like some repaints/repainters have it overpainted? Apologies if this has indeed been fixed. Am buying tonight when I return home to sim pc, have only gone off the screenshots as reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    This is one of three liveries that I made for the F-4J
    They were painted more than a year ago, and they have never been tested with the latest installer.
    There are also some minor texture issues to be corrected.

Once I've finished them, I'll let you know where to find them

Just one word:AWESAME!!!!

Hi

The afterburner issue seems to be only on a very few systems and we cannot replicate nor fix it as it's not actually there on the max file. We will keep on trying but at this point, we're not sure what to do.

For the CTD's for those exiting the flight, we are working on this but it will not be fixed in the upcoming hotfix.

Thank you.

Kat.

Blog Entries
    For those using the J on naval ops ....

Does the start cart show up - and work - on a moving carrier properly? On their F-86, when I try and start my "FJ Fury" from a carrier, the cart won't appear. So once I shut down, I can't restart, if on the carrier. No biggie on that one, as I use the "FJ" most as shore-based, and do trap practice a dozen or so miles off the coast of Corpus Christi, or Hawaii, etc.

But hoping that's not the case for the "J" Phantom.

cheers,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi

The afterburner issue seems to be only on a very few systems and we cannot replicate nor fix it as it's not actually there on the max file. We will keep on trying but at this point, we're not sure what to do.

For the CTD's for those exiting the flight, we are working on this but it will not be fixed in the upcoming hotfix.

Thank you.

Kat.
    Will the hotfix address the texture issues with the Sidewinders and the Starboard tailplane? I haven't seen any response from MV here or on your forum regarding this issue.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    For those using the J on naval ops ....

Does the start cart show up - and work - on a moving carrier properly? On their F-86, when I try and start my "FJ Fury" from a carrier, the cart won't appear. So once I shut down, I can't restart, if on the carrier. No biggie on that one, as I use the "FJ" most as shore-based, and do trap practice a dozen or so miles off the coast of Corpus Christi, or Hawaii, etc.

But hoping that's not the case for the "J" Phantom.

cheers,

dl
    I haven't tried the Phantom yet, but if the cart is designed to appear when shut down and standing still a moving carrier will inhibit that. That's just how FSX works.

Sorry - didn't mean to imply any disease state or cause offence!! I just meant maybe, like my afterburner issue, it's peculiar to individual set-ups. The only thing that crossed my mind was an issue with the bump file since that can sometimes cause odd very shiny textures to appear.

DaveQ

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Sorry - didn't mean to imply any disease state or cause offence!! I just meant maybe, like my afterburner issue, it's peculiar to individual set-ups. The only thing that crossed my mind was an issue with the bump file since that can sometimes cause odd very shiny textures to appear.

DaveQ
    We tend to forget that it's just not one Phantom II that was released, but three different versions for FSX, FSX Steam and P3D and even the P3D release is limited to specific P3D versions from what I read. My theory is that some of the coding might have been mixed up by accident between the different versions. I'm experiencing the brown textures in the standard FSX set-up.

When you refer to "individual set-ups" the only major differences would be the graphics card or drivers - and that doesn't make sense given what we know about the texture files, etc.

Anyways, the issue is back in MV's court, so lets see what the hotfix brings.
    -- WH

A note on the Milviz F-4 J and E repaints I have released in the Military Library. These were made over a year ago using the Paint Kit released with the Beta version of the aircraft. There are at least two problems that Paint Kit has with the current model. These include the RIO's helmet remains unpainted. Only the pilots helmet is painted. Also noticed there is an issue with the pylons. The right pylon color is shown on the left pylon and there is some kind of design on the left pylon. This is all I have found for now.

No doubt these two issues will be corrected with the upcoming current paint kit to be release in the next few days. I will releasing a fix for these issues once the paint kit comes out. You say why not just repaint the aircraft using the new paint kit. The answer is the paints of this aircraft represent hours upon hours of work. Fortunately there will be very few changes needed. Stay tuned.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thanks Tom , off to the Library

Members who have read this thread: 1