MV F-4E Phantom II Released! - Page 4
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: MV F-4E Phantom II Released!

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Did you miss this instruction on the installer's background screenshot?
    iam registered with same name as here since I also have the F-15, Bell 407 and T-38.
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Need to email for every addon purchased so we can let only valid customers through. Just standard order of procedure.
    -JB

Promo video is up.

-JB

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    Promo video is up.

[video=youtube;JTpLdYqOFHU]
    Nice video! THX

The real one:

Btw. I was in Turkey on holiday some years ago and saw this bird (in this camuflage) in the air on 400-500m. Amazing view!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

INS tutorial:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    The F-4J is a deliciously challenging aircraft to trap! I had 3 waveoffs in a row followed by a bolter before I was able to catch the 4 wire. I am looking forward to mastering this plane!

A glaring oversight for we Naval aviation buffs was a lack of a provision for using the catapults. I small amount of experimentation gave me a very serviceable starting point.

Place the following in your aircraft.cfg

[launch_assistance]
    launch_bar_pivot= 17, 0.000, -5
    launch_bar_lug= 19, 0.000, -7

the nose strut squats more than it should on release but you will still get a beautiful launch with full flaps & burner. I will revise these numbers soon but right now that 3 wire is vexing me & must be put in its place!
    Works like a charm! Thanks for the tip Bob.

Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

Milviz F4 Phantom

I just read all the pros and cons about the Phantom, here is what I have. I have a good computer with a 42inch screen I spend all my night time on FSX, and could not wait for the final Milviz Phantom, but it will not work with my Windows 8. It will start up and fly but when I try to change to a different texture it crashes my FSX, also the ACM will only let me set speed brakes, windows 8 again? I have installed several times same thing. I tried to purchase a new computer in Windows 7 but all stores looked at me like I was crazy, saying dont you know they dont make Windows 7 anymore? I did save Bata #2 and it works in Windows 8 and it is worth the money I spent on the Phantom, hope they do get it to work in Windows 8, I do like this Phantom I think it is great I just wish they had made it to work in Windows 8. I like it so much I would pay 100.00 dollars to any one who could get it to work in Windows 8 Also in the install I did not get the F4J, it that also because I have Windows 8? Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Mumbower View Post
    I just read all the pros and cons about the Phantom, here is what I have. I have a good computer with a 42inch screen I spend all my night time on FSX, and could not wait for the final Milviz Phantom, but it will not work with my Windows 8. It will start up and fly but when I try to change to a different texture it crashes my FSX, also the ACM will only let me set speed brakes, windows 8 again? I have installed several times same thing. I tried to purchase a new computer in Windows 7 but all stores looked at me like I was crazy, saying dont you know they dont make Windows 7 anymore? I did save Bata #2 and it works in Windows 8 and it is worth the money I spent on the Phantom, hope they do get it to work in Windows 8, I do like this Phantom I think it is great I just wish they had made it to work in Windows 8. I like it so much I would pay 100.00 dollars to any one who could get it to work in Windows 8 Also in the install I did not get the F4J, it that also because I have Windows 8? Lee
    It's unfortunate you're having these issues. I'm not sure how you concluded that Windows 8 is the culprit as I've been flying the Phantom under Windows 8.1 all day.

When I installed the most recent release, I did experience CTDs whenever I attempted to start the aircraft - similar to what others were reporting with FSX Steam and P3D. After reporting it on their Support Forum, Milviz provided me with what I needed to be up and flying. IMHO not all installs work as expected with all the variable simulation installs (e.g., FSX, FSX Steam, P3D, etc.), but you can count on a good support system from Milviz.

Couple pointers. When I acquired their P-38L, I learned how to run FSX "as administrator" and continue to do so each time I load up the sim. Also, it helps to install their addons by insuring you "run as administrator".
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

Milviz F4 Phantom

Sir, thank you for your help, I have installed the Phantom several times some as administrator and some not , same thing. I'm running Windows 8, you are running Windows 8-1. Do you think that could make a difference ? Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    Need to email for every addon purchased so we can let only valid customers through. Just standard order of procedure.
    I have emailed with proof of purchase and have so far seen no support forum for the F-4.
    A superb addon in every respect

Best regards
    Dag
    Last edited by DagR; July 7th, 2015 at 01:56.

Lee.... I get fsx locking up when I close a flight and I'm on win 7 64 bit and I'm not on fsx steam... so may be nothing to do with win 8. A little frustrating but I'm sure they will fix it.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by DagR View Post
    I have emailed with proof of purchase and have so far seen no support forum for the F-4.
    A superb addon in every respect

Best regards
    Dag
    Dag, I had the same problem, couldn't find the F-4 support forum. Go to the forum main index page and open the Completed Milviz Projects main thread. The F-4 support forum is a sub topic. It's not very intuitive to locate but it is there.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Hi,

If you are not yet seeing the support forum, please email me at Kat at milviz dot com and I will try and assist you.

Thank you.

Kat.

Thanks Kat, all good now :-)

Best regards
    Dag

Brian... really enjoying using the J with the Jolly Roger repaint that you did with my artwork... new favourite ride.

I don't know how you guys are managing to do deck landings with it though. I can't manage to get the speed down below about 180 knots without loosing control. I may have to wait until the full fledged J/S model becomes available before attempting that.

Matt

Sir, thank you for your help, I have installed the Phantom several times some as administrator and some not , same thing. I'm running Windows 8, you are running Windows 8-1. Do you think that could make a difference ? Lee
    Have you tried temporarily shutting down your anti-virus program before installing as administrator as recommended by Milviz? Their add-ons seem to be rather touchy about this.
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Brian... really enjoying using the J with the Jolly Roger repaint that you did with my artwork... new favourite ride.

I don't know how you guys are managing to do deck landings with it though. I can't manage to get the speed down below about 180 knots without loosing control. I may have to wait until the full fledged J/S model becomes available before attempting that.

Matt
    Matt - It's a bit of a bear to land. Going in on fumes helps. (Setting an easier aircraft on the carrier, then loading the F-4 is a handy cheat if you want to try launching! )Thanks again for the artwork!

Adjusted Bob's launch bar settings a bit in the aircraft.cfg:
    [launch_assistance]
    launch_bar_pivot= 18.6, 0.000, -2.04
    launch_bar_lug= 19, 0.000, -2.1

Gives me better wheel contact with the deck:

Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Not really. My computer came with Win8 and I later upgraded to Win8.1, all the while running FSX and FS9 with loads of addons. Again, I would contact Milviz through their Support forum.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Interesting that the Navy variant seems to be of more interest than the F-4E. Even if only a shell.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Interesting that the Navy variant seems to be of more interest than the F-4E. Even if only a shell.

-Jeff
    Because it has been ages since we've had a short nose variant?

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    I don't know how you guys are managing to do deck landings with it though. I can't manage to get the speed down below about 180 knots without loosing control.
    Matt
    What is your weight like when you try to land? Jettison stores if you have them & make sure you aren't full of fuel. Clean with the exception of A/A weapons & less than 50% fuel (dump if you need to) with the CV @ 30kts & no wind you should be able to maintain the AOA & 155kts through the glideslope. The view sux but that's why you never see an E model on a carrier
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

In my own testing (and out of curiosity) of the J/S model for AICarrier Ops, I've been test tweaking the flap lift_scalar= & pitch_scalar= a little bit to more or less simulate the lift characteristics of the increased lift of the J model using BLC at 55/60 degrees of flaps and/or the S model without BLC and full span flaps(the inner flaps at 55/60 degrees and the droop ailerons at 30 degrees). I set the lift_scalar= 3.0 and pitch_scalar= 1.5 (not changing the drag scalar) and so far as I can tell, there's no real negative impact on handling but it yields a more stable approach to remain on AoA and maintaining the interval. There's another trick I found to help facilitate the approach, I set the Bomb/Gunsight Selector to A/G and then the Reticle DEPR to 090 MILS (down) in addition to setting the seat height to get a better view over the dash. I have found that generally aiming the center of the sight Reticle roughly around mid to the edge & slightly right of the angle deck center gives a good aiming reference (in addition to the FOLS Ball). While the AoA indicators and the FOLS Ball are the prime keys for making a good approach and trap, the Reticle use as mentioned above can help you achieve and maintain good centering and lateral adjustment as the deck moves. One other note, to prevent my tweaks from interfering with the F-4E's finely tuned FDE engine, I moved all my F-4J/S files to a separate folder.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for carrier ops tips... will try out as soon as I get a chance.

I revised some of the canopy glass textures today and I much prefer how they look now... the release version glass just doesn't seem to show up properly on my machine... not enough reflection and opacity for my taste. It so great to have such a superb Short nose Phantom at last.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Wingmate View Post
    I saw this VF-142 paint while browsing this thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-4E-Phantom-II does anyone know where I can download it?

Thanks
    This is one of three liveries that I made for the F-4J
    They were painted more than a year ago, and they have never been tested with the latest installer.
    There are also some minor texture issues to be corrected.

Once I've finished them, I'll let you know where to find them

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Members who have read this thread: 1