Rear controls no front pilot?

Thread: Rear controls no front pilot?

Rear controls no front pilot?

Am I the only one that sees these things? It's the JF Moth btw. In the VC view you see no pilot up front, but when you change to the outside view......

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rear control no front pilot.jpg  

And what about this remarkable dissapearance? Two mirrors on the outside, no mirror at all in the inside!

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails two mirrors.jpg   no mirror.jpg  

Hi Cees,
    Perhaps you're the only one who hasn't noticed that all of the default aircraft show occupied cockpits when viewed from the outside.
    Jim F

Do you really want so see a rather low poly first officer in the virtual cockpit?
    No matter how many polies you pour in, they will always be straight from Uncanny Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by jandjfrench View Post
    Hi Cees,
    Perhaps you're the only one who hasn't noticed that all of the default aircraft show occupied cockpits when viewed from the outside.
    Jim F
    These aren't default aircraft, they're payware.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Do you really want so see a rather low poly first officer in the virtual cockpit?
    No matter how many polies you pour in, they will always be straight from Uncanny Valley.
    You missing the point Bjoern! The VC is correct, the outside view isn't.

Cees

You are right, Cees. I just checked and the first listed version of G-AJHS is as you say. The other three are as they should be. the same is true of DF-128. I haven't checked the rest. Curiously, Ant's Tiger Moth has a similar problem, in that while one or both cockpits may be occupied in most views, when swinging the prop there is no-one in the rear cockpit.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Ant's Tiger Moth has a similar problem, in that while one or both cockpits may be occupied in most views, when swinging the prop there is no-one in the rear cockpit.
    Because you are out swinging the prop.

LOL

He has a point!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Possibly just the tiniest bit risky?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    You missing the point Bjoern! The VC is correct, the outside view isn't.
    I'm not. Almost every airplane model has a discrepancy between the number of members in the cockpit (one to three or four) and the members present in the VC (usually none). Who'd want to share his seat with a bunch of polygons when flying from another position, after all.

Unless, of course, you're talking about a bug with this particular model, i.e. if one model correctly shows a backseater in the VC and another model with the same external configuration doesn't.

Cees,

You must be flying another P51 than I do, I have mirrors both in the external model

as I have in the VC

Actually, just like the real thing has......

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Cees,

You must be flying another P51 than I do, I have mirrors both in the external model

as I have in the VC

Stop that! I just bought Mustang Tales. I DO NOT want to buy that.............................................. .......yet. <label for="rb_iconid_12"></label>

Am I the only one that sees these things? It's the JF Moth btw. In the VC view you see no pilot up front, but when you change to the outside view......

Cees
    Ah how soon people forget. We were asked to provide several versions of the Tigers as some people wanted no pilot in the VC front seat of the two pilot model , others did.

So Cees, your "problem" isn't. You are using the "Rear Control No front VC pilot" version when , if you want to see the pilot you should chose the "Rear Control Second Pilot in Front seat"

The descriptions are clear on the chooser pics and it is in the manual.

There in total 21 models of the Tigers solely because of customer requests.

Thanks.

Baz.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Cees,

as I have in the VC

Obviously. Mine is another version. This is warbirdsim, right?

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Ah how soon people forget. We were asked to provide several versions of the Tigers as some people wanted no pilot in the VC front seat of the two pilot model , others did.

So Cees, your "problem" isn't. You are using the "Rear Control No front VC pilot" version when , if you want to see the pilot you should chose the "Rear Control Second Pilot in Front seat"

The descriptions are clear on the chooser pics and it is in the manual.

There in total 21 models of the Tigers solely because of customer requests.

Thanks.

Baz.

You're right Baz. But this option (no pilot in the VC front seat of the two pilot model) is defying all logic IMHO. Silly customers!

Cees

Logic? whenever has there been any logic in this game...mind you, since these were built, FSX has come along and coding has advanced so the need for so many models no longer exists. Actually it is no different from airliners. Two guys in the exterior, nobody home in the VC.

Yep, its the Warbirdsim one.

Cheers,
    Huub

Obviously. Mine is another version. This is warbirdsim, right?

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 0