.cfg

Thread: .cfg

.cfg

hi guys,where do i find my Prepar3D.cfg?

i wanna have a looksie at it,but,well,HELPPPPPPPPPP

OS win 8.1

Dave I believe it is in the same relative location as your FSX.cfg. C:\Users\username\appdata\roaming\lockheed martin\prepar3d\ or there about. I'm on my phone and typing it from memory.

That is correct (with "v2" at the end).
    The path to find it is quite similar than with the FSX.cfg. Excepted you have to go in the "Lockheed Martin" folder instead of the "Microsoft" one

i get this far "C:\Users\username" then im lost ..i dont see appdata anywhere...

Open "Control Panel" and select Folder Options. Select the "view" tab, and then scroll down until you see "Hidden files and folders" and click on the "Show hidden files, folders and drives" button. Then you will be able to see the appdata folder.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    i get this far "C:\Users\username" then im lost ..i dont see appdata anywhere...
    You have to go into your system files and folders and check show hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    You have to check "show hidden files and folders" in the folders and search options Dave.

Johan

Hi neighbor Dave!

After you follow the suggestions of these fine simmers and you are able to 'show hidden files and folders',

you can also type or cut and paste the following string into your search programs and files:

%APPDATA%/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v2

This will take you directly to the P3D folder containing your Prepar3D.cfg also.

Happy tweaking!
    Best airshow/rock concert ever!
    First flight game/sim...Atari 8 bit USAFF text based WWII bombing game!
    i7 6700k @ 4.675 ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mother Board | 500 gig Samsung EVO 950 M.2 for OS | Crucial 500 gig SSD dedicated to P3D | 16 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR4@3200 | Corsair H115i AIO 280mm | GTX Asus Strix 1080 GPU | 4K 49" LG Monitor | Windows 10 64 bit

thank you again for your support and friendship..i got it late last night,and yes it was the show hidden ect..but i had to use the internet to find a "idiots guide to"..wasnt one of those online books...was just a tutorial that was simple...simple does and simple do....sumpin like dat...

Members who have read this thread: 0