C-97 Repaint Request - Miss Oklahoma City

Thread: C-97 Repaint Request - Miss Oklahoma City

C-97 Repaint Request - Miss Oklahoma City

Hi all, several years ago, I did a repaint of the old Greg Pepper/Dave McQueen B 377 /C97. I am wondering if one of you excellent repainters might like a crack at redoing this one for FSX and Manfreds new model? I am so busy with work travel, I just don't have time to do it. I know a lot of times its informal protocol that if someone did a repaint before others will respect the work and not do that one again, but I am "releasing" this one to any who want to go at it.

Here's the old girl herself. This is a highly accurate repaint when done prior. I'll have to look for the source photos I used (which were web sourced.) but I still have all the old psd files from the FS9 model.

Heres some source art of very similar paint schemes. Miss Oklahoma City varied only in the egg white colored radar cone and gray underbelly.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boeing_KC-97G-26-BO_Stratofreighter_52-2688.jpg   mc10a.jpg  
    Last edited by ejoiner; July 3rd, 2015 at 07:29.

Howdy Eric. Hope someone (not me, can't paint) takes up your offer. That paint you did for Greg/Dave's model is still my #1 favorite on that bird.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

This unique bird is still finished. I just upload it here in Library. Stay tuned.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ploaded/page14

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    This unique bird is still finished. I just upload it here in Library. Stay tuned.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ploaded/page14
    Thanks!!!

Some suggestions...

"Miss Oklahoma City" needs to be slightly lower on the fuselage.
    The black cheat line continues all the way around the front nose, and there is a yellow diamond box with the aircraft number on it <0224> on the nose.
    The red prop warning line extends all the way up through the US AIR FORCE on the fuselage.
    Also the black demarcation line between the dayglo orange nose and the US AIR FORCE extends all the way up.

Otherwise, thanks!! this looks great.

Eric

I think we are talking about different aircraft here..the examples are not of the aircraft named Miss Oklahoma City, and the request was for MOC.

Here's a pic without the orange:

and here with orange: http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA--...ter/0216142/L/

so it looks TiAr got it right...ok, maybe a bit less orange on the tail
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I think we are talking about different aircraft here..the examples are not of the aircraft named Miss Oklahoma City, and the request was for MOC.

and here with orange: http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA--...ter/0216142/L/

so it looks TiAr got it right...ok, maybe a bit less orange on the tail
    The "a bit less orange on the tail" is really difficult. I used the "normal" USAF light orange. Most of the pictures on Internet are not representative, what colors belongs. A good example is your "orange" on your airliners.net link. It was made in 1969 with analoque camera at bad weather.... I bet, in real the "poor red" is real more "orange".

@Eric, I donīt know what source you have (your first Picture is not displayed). But as I see on your older Greg Pepper repaint - your 10224 repaint covers perhaps an 10 years older a/c. My repaint shows the bird in 1969 - some days later, the red parts were removed.

Anyway. There is a reworked 10224:

I reduced "orange" a bit, replaced the U.S. Airforce more to the nose, changed Miss Oklahoma City script font and rework center lines up to the tail.

What do you think: are the changes worth for a fix in Lib?

actually, what I meant was that the orange stripe on the tail needed to be a bit smaller, less wide, but I see that has been taken care of, so excellent job!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Members who have read this thread: 0