Under Development notice: Virtualcol DHC-3 Otter!

Thread: Under Development notice: Virtualcol DHC-3 Otter!

Under Development notice: Virtualcol DHC-3 Otter!

Just saw this on the Virtualcol site... an Otter! finally

https://www.virtualcol.com/products....ogo=desarrollo

Let's see how many reactions will be like "Yay, but I wanted it from developer xyz instead!".

(But at least it's gonna be fairly cheap!)

Yeah... tbh I'll take it... Otter, turbo otter, variations... cheap. Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Let's see how many reactions will be like "Yay, but I wanted it from developer xyz instead!".
    (But at least it's gonna be fairly cheap!)
    I was tempted to complain about not getting a "Twin-Turbo" instead, lol. . .actually I have a few of their planes and they're perfect for my kind of flying so. . .bravo!

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with Virtualcol. I have their Dash-8 and SAAB package and enjoy flying them.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I have their Dash and it's not a bad plane, and it didn't cost $50.00!! I'm looking forward to this! We need a FSX Otter, and from the looks of it, they have covered all the bases in types as well. Good move.

Don

well i just would have preferred that the "Flapperteam" would have built one,it would have huge flaps that would that ..well flap..we all know its how it should be done...but those guys over at the "Aileron Twisters" would have done it so much better...........

looks at Bjoern..........hehehehe

Yeah, I've been wanting one of these forever and the fact that we're getting the turbine models as well is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    well i just would have preferred that the "Flapperteam" would have built one,it would have huge flaps that would that ..well flap..we all know its how it should be done...but those guys over at the "Aileron Twisters" would have done it so much better...........

looks at Bjoern..........hehehehe
    The horsehead thing mentioned in the "old people" thread also applies to spoilt flight simmer brats.

Hoping someone will do a Buffalo repaint.This
    aircraft is sorely needed and finally we are getting
    one.

Looking forward to the old piston pounder.

Anthin.

I have their Fokker F50.

It is okay, but certainly not the greatest.

I also have their Cessna T303, which is actually not bad at all, and a joy to fly
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I have the Saab package and its not even installed. I just never flew it.
    The Otter is something completely different from what Virtualcol normally do. So that makes it interesting, but I really hope they improve on this one. If not, I think I pass even though IŽm a big fan of AC like this one. (especially the piston version)
    Their socalled FF (friendly frames) means poor quality textures and Virtual cockpits and I hope they will just improve a little bit on that. The Saab is like sitting in the bathtub.

I'll take it! Glad to see they're modeling both the turbine and piston variants.
    -Mark

On the bright side... if it is a bit crappy, I'm sure I can fix her up I probably will anyway texturewise.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    They actually make some great aircraft that you can catch on sale for under ten bucks. Not the highest systems intensive experience but fun to fly with good visuals. I'm glad the we have a company like this around for us that can't afford pmdg quality models.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    The horsehead thing mentioned in the "old people" thread also applies to spoilt flight simmer brats.
    whut me spoilt?...nooooooooooooo...well maybe..........

"Low-end F-50"

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    I have their Fokker F50.
    It is okay, but certainly not the greatest.
    So I assume we both own different versions?
    Mine is far from being "okay", even considering the low price.
    I've been warned before, but I wanted to find out if it's really that bad:
    It simply is.

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok, just a possitive update:

I got a mail from Virtualcol saying that with this release, they would try to make the virtual cockpit better than what they normally do.
    They know very well that its not their strongest point and that they should try to make it better. They also said that its the project where they have invested most time so far.

So maybe, after all weŽll get a decent or nice flying Otter. Time will show

Members who have read this thread: 0