ORBX Global install trouble

Thread: ORBX Global install trouble

ORBX Global install trouble

Because it's already night in the UK, I'd ask here. I purchased FTX Global and attempted to install it. However, when Central opens up, it gets stuck at the loading screen and cannot find the P3D/terrain.cfg

I was easily able to to manually locate it, but have no way to point the program to it. Secondly, during the install (?), it needed to be directed to a disk. Well, since this was a download, I dont have a disk, but the unzipped files. Tried to point it to that folder and it didnt like it.

So now I'm stuck with a $100 program that should have worked correctly, but am again, left frustrated.

So I ask here for assistance. Thank you in advance.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Just asking. Do you have latest 1.30 version with P3D installer?

Yes Sir, I do. The latest from their sales shop.

But after about 5+ hours of fiddling, I think its up and running now. Seems the error is expected but not documented to ignore it. And I needed an additional library.

Anyhow, moving forward.

Thanks Dimus.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Get yourself FTX Central V2 (free) and use that to activate your regions. There is a known issue with some ORBX products and the terrain.cfg.

There is a sub forum on the ORBX Forums site for Global. It explains how to get around the issue.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I don't know if this applies to your issues but I couldn't get Orbx Central V2 to work as it kept on repeating an error message. I then discovered that for reasons unknown the main P3D folder had been changed to read only status.
    Un-ticking the read only box and allowing all sub folders to follow suit cured the problem.
    Mike

Blog Entries
    I found that I had to unzip the files to a folder or, I would get the insert Disk 2 error.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I did unzip everything, but it was the terrain.cfg error message that kept me from continuing. Real unclear in the process. That and an older version of Central kept popping up with the 1.3 installer. As I figured out, a newer Central was installed and then all was right.

Jeff
    I pass gas!

Blog Entries
    The same thing happened to me. I posted on the FTX site and Tim Harris replied with a link to the updated Library which included the new Central. All is well.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 0