Stuart's ships...

Thread: Stuart's ships...

Stuart's ships...

Hey All,

I haven't forgotten you. I've just been very busy. With the extra OT I haven't had the time or ambition to dig in to the models.

I'm still having issues with the textures on Biter. This is one of the reasons I've stopped the other projects. If I can't get this sorted out then there is no point moving forward with the rest. As they are all done in the same way.

I'm going to get back into this now that we finally have enough people to cut down the overtime load. As long as it holds that is.

I keep you all posted.

'til Later,
    John
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    John, there is a fix for this, Many years ago when the Italian ships were first released, They did the same thing.
    I found a fix and applied it.. Martin Wright if i remember had a program for this??

The Italian ships and aircraft site does not exist now BUMMER.

I am going to search my old CD's from 10-12 years ago and see if I can find the answer.

I do know this isn't a Major issue, so do NOT become discouraged and keep up the good work.

I will go into my 1000 Plus CD's I burnt back in the day, and try to find the fix. It will take some time, since i am involved in a large number of projects right now.
    Which is normal for a hobbit anyway.
    More rejoicing!!

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Hey All,

I haven't forgotten you. I've just been very busy. With the extra OT I haven't had the time or ambition to dig in to the models.

I'm still having issues with the textures on Biter. This is one of the reasons I've stopped the other projects. If I can't get this sorted out then there is no point moving forward with the rest. As they are all done in the same way.

I'm going to get back into this now that we finally have enough people to cut down the overtime load. As long as it holds that is.

I keep you all posted.

'til Later,
    John
    Thanks very much, John and Owen for your efforts. We can never have too many ships!! I have scratched around and chased my tail trying to generate new dds textures so that the d.dds does not swamp the t.dds, but to no avail thus far. A lot of time with no progress

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Thanks very much, John and Owen for your efforts. We can never have too many ships!! I have scratched around and chased my tail trying to generate new dds textures so that the d.dds does not swamp the t.dds, but to no avail thus far. A lot of time with no progress
    Here is something to try. Take the TGAs and use image tool to convert them to DDS DXT1 textures. Do them both the same. Then try it with MW DXTbmp. I have done them both ways so I'm not sure which is causing the problem. One of the programs is causing the problem. It might be image tool. I've never try a comparison.

I'll try it to night but if anyone gets the chance give it a go.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

What specifically are the textures doing (or not doing) that causes a problem?

The damage texture displays as oppose to the regular one.

On a seperate note...

Would anyone be interested in a lighthouse? I'm working on the Lyngvig Light for the Tondern Raid in CFS2. I can fairly easily make it for CFS3. See my post in the CFS2 forum for pics of the WIP.

'til Later,
    John

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Cool!! John, you build it I can wreck it.
    Oh yea!

SOH-CM-2020

Success with Biter

I have finally got the t.dds texture to show rather than the d.dds texture.

haven't narrowed down the exact cure - I did a couple of things so it could be either or both.

The most likely candidate is that I swapped the order of the d.dds and t.dds textures in the m3d file.

Have sent the files through to Blood_Hawk23 I am really hoping he hasn't lost interest in these babies.

Members who have read this thread: 0