New Breguet Alize (RFN) - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Breguet Alize (RFN)

Thanks.

I noticed that the actual RFN_CarrierGauge is a dll instead of a gau file. Interesting.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I was looking through what I have installed and looking at the panel config, in [Vcockpit01] there's a gauge81=RFN_CarrierGauge!TACAN_Navigation, 0, 0, 0, 0, Nav2(which that gauge is in the fsx/gauge folder and in [Vcockpit02], there is also the gauge02=ALZ_gauges!Tacan, 25, 217,150,50 (which that gauge is located in the panel/ALZ_gauges folder). I'm not sure which gauge is referenced for the one you have missing but oddly, I could not locate the corresponding gauge texture for that gauge(unless I'm completely missing it).
    Perhaps Sylvain can shed some light on what's going on with that missing gauge.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrier Gauge http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Creations.htm About half way down
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

It is still a beta. Just sayin.

Working on translation of manual to English. Will send to Sylvain and let him decide what to do with it.

Nice set of pics Storm.

Beautiful rendition of a 'interesting' looking aircraft!
    Jim Stewart

Many thanks to the Royal French Navy.You sure
    create wonderful aircraft.

Regards,Anthin.

Google translations.

In visiting this page the Google Translations sits and sits and sits and never translates. It used to be so quick, I've noticed this recently everywhere (foreign that is). Is this something to do with IE. If I go there with Chrome it still works.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Very nice airplane. Does the bomb bay open? If it doesn't I don't mind, just looking for a switch or handle if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Very nice airplane. Does the bomb bay open? If it doesn't I don't mind, just looking for a switch or handle if it does.
    I don't think it does just yet. The speed brake/spoiler key drops the radome and interestingly, the Shift+3 folds/unfolds the wings. I have to say, the flight dynamics have a very nice and detailed feel. Very believable for a single engine aircraft of that size & weight.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It took me a while to figure out shift+E+3 for the wing fold, LOL. It helps to read the stuff they give you with the airplane, even if it's in French. Another thing I noticed was using your mouse wheel to move the landing gear handle in the VC. I think that's a better way than clicks to change settings and turn dials.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I don't think it does just yet. The speed brake/spoiler key drops the radome and interestingly, the Shift+3 folds/unfolds the wings.
    The wings also fold when using the FsX Wingfold command, maybe there's a slight mix up there and one command should have been the bomb bay command.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    The wings also fold when using the FsX Wingfold command, maybe there's a slight mix up there and one command should have been the bomb bay command.
    Yes, I have my wingfold command set to one of my switches on my X55 throttle but I read in the manual that the assignment to Shift+3 was intentional. When I really dug into the model, I completely understand what Sylvain meant about this particular beta version being that it is perfectly suitable for all of us to get into the "feel" of the way it handles and operates on AICarriers. From what I see, I can tell the RFN team will be adding a lot more functionality as each new iteration of the model are compiled and released (as was the case with the Etendard).

BTW, I was completely unaware that there was a flying restored Alize. Found these videos this morning(quite impressive!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPKbPz52zOI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hszRcgGlqb4

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Hi,
    For a reason that I do not understand, FSX Wingfold variable is not shared in multiplayer session : it is very frustrated to never see friends' plane wings fold in MP!
    The trick I found so far is to map the wing animation to an exit variable and to synchronize Wingfold event with this specific Exit.
    It costs 1 exit (only 4 different "exits" are available in FSX) but it looks OK in MP!

Regarding "bombs bay" command, you will find commands on the right console just over the alarm panel : "Portes de fuseaux" and "Portes de soute"

Last, the RFN gauge that is used in the main panel is "TACAN_Navigation". The gauge "Tacan" of ALZ_gauges file is used to show up the frequency in the Tacan panel.

Regards,
    Sylvain

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    Hi,
    For a reason that I do not understand, FSX Wingfold variable is not shared in multiplayer session : it is very frustrated to never see friends' plane wings fold in MP!
    The trick I found so far is to map the wing animation to an exit variable and to synchronize Wingfold event with this specific Exit.
    It costs 1 exit (only 4 different "exits" are available in FSX) but it looks OK in MP!

Regarding "bombs bay" command, you will find commands on the right console just over the alarm panel : "Portes de fuseaux" and "Portes de soute"

Last, the RFN gauge that is used in the main panel is "TACAN_Navigation". The gauge "Tacan" of ALZ_gauges file is used to show up the frequency in the Tacan panel.

Regards,
    Sylvain
    So, where can one find the TACAN_Navigation gauge? I have installed the RFN_CarrierGauge, but the TACAN_Navigation gauge does not show in the VC.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    So, where can one find the TACAN_Navigation gauge? I have installed the RFN_CarrierGauge, but the TACAN_Navigation gauge does not show in the VC.
    Hi,
    Tacan_Navigation is part of the RFN_CarrierGauge.dll, so if it still not showing up that means the dll doesn't work properly...Did you have validation windows the first time you launched the Alize (once the RFN Gauge has been installed)? Check also the pre requirements listed into the gauge Read me.
    Regards,
    Sylvain

For those having issues with that gauge not showing on the panel, here's the version I have which is working:
    Attachment 24773

Unzip it and place directly into your FSX/gauge folder

Sylvain, if it's okay with you I'll leave this up long enough to help the couple of users who are having an issue with the gauge not showing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What a FUGLY plane... Thanks for this freeware!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

"Fugly" is often in the eye of the beholder, and does not reflect the capabilities of the aircraft. The Grumman A-6 Intruder was no Marilyn Monroe among airplanes and it served in the fleet for over 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    What a FUGLY plane... Thanks for this freeware!
    Agreed TARPSBird! How Dare You Ryan!!! You know that "Ugly is Beautiful" so long as it has wings! lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    For those having issues with that gauge not showing on the panel, here's the version I have which is working:
    Attachment 24773

Unzip it and place directly into your FSX/gauge folder

Sylvain, if it's okay with you I'll leave this up long enough to help the couple of users who are having an issue with the gauge not showing.
    Thanks for trying, but this doesn't do it. It's basically the same gauge from the website.

There seems to be something else missing from the install that is preventing the gauge from showing in the VC. Also, I cannot make any changes to the TACAN or VOR ILS which prevents any meaningful navigation.

The VC, sounds, exterior and flight dynamics are really great. I missed flying the RAZBAM Alize from FS9 and was hoping this would fit the bill, but ... there is no gauge or way to navigate.

Thanks for trying.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Thanks for trying, but this doesn't do it. It's basically the same gauge from the website.

There seems to be something else missing from the install that is preventing the gauge from showing in the VC. Also, I cannot make any changes to the TACAN or VOR ILS which prevents any meaningful navigation.

The VC, sounds, exterior and flight dynamics are really great. I missed flying the RAZBAM Alize from FS9 and was hoping this would fit the bill, but ... there is no gauge or way to navigate.

Thanks for trying.
    HI,
    It's hard to find out what is (not) going on just reading posts here... The dll needs to be put in FSX/Gauges folder with its 2 xml files to work. Secondly, it coded in C++ so there are some technical requirements to be run (look at the RFN gauge read me). After that, FSX should detect the new dll when you launch for the 1st time the plane by showing up 2 different validation windows : you have to say "Yes" to both questions.

If, having done this few points, the dll is still not OK (meaning, no Tacan indicator in the VC, no 2D Tacan indicator, no frequency management), then you're facing a very strange and specific issue...
    Let me know if you had validated the 1st points and if it still not working?
    Regards,
    Sylvain

Warhorse, based on what Sylvain has said, the last upload I made did not have the 2 XML files he is referring to. Give these a try & see if it works:
    Attachment 24814

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    HI,
    It's hard to find out what is (not) going on just reading posts here... The dll needs to be put in FSX/Gauges folder with its 2 xml files to work. Secondly, it coded in C++ so there are some technical requirements to be run (look at the RFN gauge read me). After that, FSX should detect the new dll when you launch for the 1st time the plane by showing up 2 different validation windows : you have to say "Yes" to both questions.

If, having done this few points, the dll is still not OK (meaning, no Tacan indicator in the VC, no 2D Tacan indicator, no frequency management), then you're facing a very strange and specific issue...
    Let me know if you had validated the 1st points and if it still not working?
    Regards,
    Sylvain
    I reinstalled all the latest gauges and there is no change. No Tacan or panel gauge showing.

I have the necessary C++ requirements, so that's not it. I've examined the panel.cfg and there's no error there. Not sure what else to look for.

Thanks for trying. I'm not going to pursue this any further, so unless someone else has a similar situation or solution please consider this issue closed.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    "Fugly" is often in the eye of the beholder, and does not reflect the capabilities of the aircraft. The Grumman A-6 Intruder was no Marilyn Monroe among airplanes and it served in the fleet for over 30 years.
    The A6 looks fine to me lol

This thing is like a beached whale haha!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Couldn't resist getting my paint brush out!

Not Quite ready yet still a few details to work out bit difficult without a paint kit and I'm pretty sure the Indian versions didn't have quite so many Antennas or topside roundels.
    IF anybody can notice anything else I've gotten wrong please point it out won't you.
    (Aside from the 'W' being a little on the small side and the grey on the tail plane rounding off in the wrong place.) Hopefully have it finished and submitted by the end of the weekend.

Hooky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails INSAlize1.jpg   INSAlize2.jpg   INSAlize3.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1