New Breguet Alize (RFN) - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Breguet Alize (RFN)

I noticed (when I still had it installed) that it was a bit smaller than the models parked up on Foch. I'm sure that's as much to do with the scaling of Foch than anything else A nice model and it flies well but I got an odd Windows error so I've removed it for now. Will happily wait for the next beta

ATB
    DaveB

Can anybody help me I'm in a bit of a fix. Can anybody tell me where this bit is mapped and to what texture file?
    Somewhere there's this slab of grey that covers the top spine but i cant work out what it is.

I maybe asking an unanswerable question . But any help at all would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Hooky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails help.jpg  

Nice to see a Indain Alize! Should be perfect on the INS Vikrant repaint I did for the Majestic-class carrier by Lazarus.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Hooky, I'm not seeing the grey slab on my Alize, either 56 or 59. I painted Alz_FuseAft_T.dds solid pink just to experiment and the entire aft fuselage was pink, no grey panel as shown on your screen shot. Make a dupe of the same .dds file on your repaint and try the same thing I did and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Nice to see a Indian Alize! Should be perfect on the INS Vikrant repaint I did for the Majestic-class carrier by Lazarus.
    JensOle, have you uploaded that Vikrant repaint here or anywhere else? I'd like to have it.

Jens also I can't find the 60's deck textures you did for me either would be great if you could post them up for us I've been putting together a Ai carrier fleet for the Vikrant with ins lender class and colony class in attendance will post entries when I'm done

As many of my projects, it was regrettably never released. I have attached the paint for you guys to testAttachment 24927. No readme and no support files beside the vikrant textures. Enjoy and please report what you guys think about the paint!

The Vikrant paint represent the first deck layout as used with the Sea Harrier. The Alizes were to my knowledge still used on Vikrant at this time. Both cat and wires are still on the ship, but a high visible centreline marking similar as used on the British Sea Harrier carriers is painted on Vikrant.

Attachment 24927

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Jens, the Vikrant repaint looks great. Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Hooky, I'm not seeing the grey slab on my Alize, either 56 or 59. I painted Alz_FuseAft_T.dds solid pink just to experiment and the entire aft fuselage was pink, no grey panel as shown on your screen shot. Make a dupe of the same .dds file on your repaint and try the same thing I did and see what happens.
    Thanks mate

On closer inspection it looks as if it is mapped funny and the grey area is mirrored from an area further up the fuselage the only way to limit lt is to move the grey further back than it should be in real life. But despite the artistic licence it doesn't look too abnormal hopefully the guys at RFN will address it once it comes out of beta. Will post up tonight and hopefully it will be up tomorrow.

Cheers

Hooky

Hooky, your repaint looked fine in the pics except for the odd grey panel. Whatever it is, it must be a part of the aft fuselage .dds file because everything aft of the cockpit was pink when I was experimenting. Thanks for your work, I'll grab it when you upload it.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Hooky, your repaint looked fine in the pics except for the odd grey panel. Whatever it is, it must be a part of the aft fuselage .dds file because everything aft of the cockpit was pink when I was experimenting. Thanks for your work, I'll grab it when you upload it.
    Thanks TARPSBird

I have uploaded it in the amended form as stated earlier with the grey set a little further back, If you or anyone else wants to take a look and correct it then please be my guest but work's getting hectic atm so I can't afford to spend much more time on it I'm afraid. I will stress this is a quick and dirty repaint so some details may be a little rough but I think I've captured most of the detail. Also, this is an earlier scheme so may not be accurate to the Vikrant's Sea Harrier period. if i get time I may take a pop at a later scheme but for now enjoy all.

Hooky

New V2 version for the Breguet Alizé here:
    http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr...m#TurboPropEmb

What's new in V2: functionnal radar, english documentation, flight plan management, and possibly much more...

Scenery: Society Islands (French Polynesia) by Flight-Sim-Jewels

Good catch! I was just flying the first version yesterday after not touching it for a couple of months. The new version is very well done.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Guys,

What am I doing wrong here? I downloaded the new version - BUT, what I see is an open hatch on the rear left side and no pilots. None of your screen-shots show what I am seeing. Wonder why??

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Hi Guys,

What am I doing wrong here? I downloaded the new version - BUT, what I see is an open hatch on the rear left side and no pilots. None of your screen-shots show what I am seeing. Wonder why??

Bill
    You have to open the configurator panel ( shift + 1 ). From there you can add/remove the crew ( and other things ) .
    The more you do, the less you dream

Thanks menef. That gave me the pilots - but I still don't have any glass in the window just aft of the pilot's hatch. Wonder if I'm missing a texture? Also my aircraft.cfg file has no launch or tail-hook data in it. I put some in, but these guys are too good to have forgotten it.

Bill

Thanks menef. That gave me the pilots - but I still don't have any glass in the window just aft of the pilot's hatch. Wonder if I'm missing a texture? Also my aircraft.cfg file has no launch or tail-hook data in it. I put some in, but these guys are too good to have forgotten it.

Bill
    It's not supposed to have catapult and tailhook entries in the config as there is a custom gauge for carrier ops built in. As far as the radar operators escape hatch, I'm not sure what command controls that but it appears to possible be connected to the Navigator's canopy control:

exit.0=0.4 //Pilot
    exit.1=0.4 //Canopy right and rear hatch //<------
    exit.2=0.1 //Wings fold
    exit.3=0.4 //Engine

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Incredible piece of freeware!

is there a secret to starting this bird?

Ctrl+E will start her! Do you have enough fuel?
    What a great addon! What an improvement.
    Only scratched the surface of all the possibilities of this plane!
    What a great team, the Royal French Navy! Superb freeware!

Cees

Thanks Storm,

If I remove my Launch data from the aircraft.cfg file, my hatch is in place. I find that it will open using the Shift + U command. Unfortunately, even with the gauge that you mention - I can't use the catapult (does not respond to the shift + I command. I can trap without any tailhook data, so the gauge must be there. Can anyone actually get a cat shot? It is possible to deck launch, but you better have some wind across the deck.

I agree that it's a beautiful model.

Bill

Bill, a cat launch is possible. Experiment with the place, it's more backwards than usual.

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-12-17_17-53-10-259.jpg   2015-12-17_17-52-53-998.jpg  

Thanks Storm,

If I remove my Launch data from the aircraft.cfg file, my hatch is in place. I find that it will open using the Shift + U command. Unfortunately, even with the gauge that you mention - I can't use the catapult (does not respond to the shift + I command. I can trap without any tailhook data, so the gauge must be there. Can anyone actually get a cat shot? It is possible to deck launch, but you better have some wind across the deck.

I agree that it's a beautiful model.

Bill
    For the custom catapult & carrier ops gauges (RFN_CarrierGauge!CustomCatapult (Gauge Carrier Operations) to work, you need to download and install the appropriate gauges into FSX which are available at this link: RFN_CarrierGauge!CustomCatapult (Gauge Carrier Operations). With this setup, I am able to launch and recover from all the RFN Carriers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    the Royal French Navy! Superb freeware!
    Hi,

Yes, a great incredible freeware model ! Not "Royal French Navy " but "La Royale French Navy", France is a "Republique" not a kingdom. "La Royale" is the nickname for "Marine Nationale". It is subject to discussion about this. Maybe because "Marine Nationale" took place of "Marine Royale" after the revolution, because headquarters are "Rue Royale" in Paris or because many famous officers were of noble birth (example admiral "De Grasse" at Yorktown)...You can choose !

JMC

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Hi,

Yes, a great incredible freeware model ! Not "Royal French Navy " but "La Royale French Navy", France is a "Republique" not a kingdom. "La Royale" is the nickname for "Marine Nationale". It is subject to discussion about this. Maybe because "Marine Nationale" took place of "Marine Royale" after the revolution, because headquarters are "Rue Royale" in Paris or because many famous officers were of noble birth (example admiral "De Grasse" at Yorktown)...You can choose !

JMC
    I stand corrected sir, you're absolutely right!

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 1