Carenado Out!! PA31 NAVAJO HD SERIES

Thread: Carenado Out!! PA31 NAVAJO HD SERIES

Carenado Out!! PA31 NAVAJO HD SERIES

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Just purchased and took the livery pictured for a quick traffic pattern around Anacortes, WA.
    I'll do a longer flight later today and will post some shots. I like what I see so far, and it's a nice complement to the Alabeo Cessna 404.

I'm interested to read some reviews before I decide on a purchase.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I really hope you find it to be a their best yet. I hope all of the buttons work like they are supposed too. It would be nice if there was a little shake rattle and roll thrown in to bring it life. I have my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    I really hope you find it to be a their best yet. I hope all of the buttons work like they are supposed too. It would be nice if there was a little shake rattle and roll thrown in to bring it life. I have my fingers crossed.
    My sentiments exactly.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

No pics today, but I did take it on a flight from Skagit Regl, WA to Aurora State Airport, OR.

BLUF: Well rounded product with very few issues that I have seen so far. Serves as a nice complement to the Alabeo Cessna 404 Titan. I'm happy with it, and will be more so if two small things are fixed.

Issues:
    1. The "captain's side" attitude indicator shows slightly nose-down in level flight and while on the ground. There does not seem to be a way to adjust the "miniature airplane" on this gauge to correct the error. The copilot's attitude indicator is of a different style and does not exhibit this issue (and is adjustable anyway).
    2. This is likely operator error but I have not yet found a NAV/GPS source switch if there is one.

EDIT: The previous issue getting the NAV setting on the AP to work correctly seems to have been a fluke. Just tried it again and it works just fine.

Pros:
    1. Based on what I've read, the flight dynamics are convincing in that the airplane feels truly like a heavy twin. I was doing some reading on recommended power settings, alongside the expected fuel flow, temperatures, and speeds that should result in, and the aircraft matches up surprisingly well.
    2. The soundset is fantastic and in my opinion is significantly better than what came with Alabeo's 404. This sounds like a heavy piston twin, and turning the speakers up especially in the exterior view while flying at full power will result in an impressive amount of bass.
    3. Like Alabeo's recent offerings, the cockpit shakes upon startup and shutdown of each engine, adding to the immersion.
    4. The textures are highly detailed inside and out, and you get a variety of N-number liveries with this one. Other than that, you also get a blank white for repainting, and one green/white German example. The texture quality is what many come to expect of Carenado and Alabeo, and this lives up to it.
    5. It's a piston twin, so the system's aren't "complex", but there is enough to keep you busy, and you can still operate it in a realistic fashion, while remembering that this isn't an A2A offering in terms of failures nor the potential to really "break" the plane.
    Last edited by SeanTK; June 30th, 2015 at 20:14.

Thanks for this insight, Sean. This one is certainly on my shopping list!

If anyone has this I would like to know if it has a working weather radar that can use ASN software integration. There is not a real in depth list of features but a weather radar pdf is mentioned so that is why I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    If anyone has this I would like to know if it has a working weather radar that can use ASN software integration. There is not a real in depth list of features but a weather radar pdf is mentioned so that is why I ask.
    Yes it has a weather radar and it does seem to pick up weather when using ASNext. The radar is the same unit as is in their other aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Just purchased and took the livery pictured for a quick traffic pattern around Anacortes, WA.
    I'll do a longer flight later today and will post some shots. I like what I see so far, and it's a nice complement to the Alabeo Cessna 404.
    Sean the Carenado video shows VC shaking and movement on take off and landing. Is that native to the add on? Does yours shake and rattle in the VC on take off and landing? Do all of the buttons work properly etch?

I would like to know that as well. Also does it show rain on the windscreen?

Sean the Carenado video shows VC shaking and movement on take off and landing. Is that native to the add on? Does yours shake and rattle in the VC on take off and landing? Do all of the buttons work properly etch?
    Unfortunately, I may have answered my own question. I have now seen other videos on YouTube where there was no VC movement at all. While some others do. So I am sure it must be a add on. But I would like to know which one.

Unfortunately, I may have answered my own question. I have now seen other videos on YouTube where there was no VC movement at all. While some others do. So I am sure it must be a add on. But I would like to know which one.
    Perhaps they made the video, and included effects from EZdok camera addon. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Perhaps they made the video, and included effects from EZdok camera addon. NC
    I can confirm it has head movement effects with roll and shutters

Lovely Aircraft
    Carenado seem to be getting alittle better with each release
    Really like steam gauge aircraft so this fits the bill
    Sounds are very good
    there are some fixes needed... nothing major

only wish she was the Cheftian with optional Panther conversion... as she was at one time our corp aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    I can confirm it has head movement effects with roll and shutters
    Do you mean that you can confirm that they are native to the add-on?

Or you can confirm that they are from ad add-on product like EZdok?

Do you mean that you can confirm that they are native to the add-on?

Or you can confirm that they are from ad add-on product like EZdok?
    not knowing what video your talking i was referring to the addon itself, yes it is included with the plane

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    not knowing what video your talking i was referring to the addon itself, yes it is included with the plane
    Jeansy thanks for your patience and answers. I am very interested in the Navajo. The video I am speaking of is the Video on the Carenado product web site. 3:08 into the video on take off.

Cool Wings Over Canada Repaint

Good day fellow Simmers,

Repaint request ......

A while back we had a program here on the west coast of Canada called "Wings Over Canada" and the host would visit places of interest in a Navajo.

Anybody keen to have a go ?

Cheers for now.

Have you tried to paint a recently made Carenado plane lately? It's like trying to paint TWA Flight 800. Good luck!

Don

Icon28

.... not knowing the first thing about how to render a new texture, I'd say were not off to a good start

I was thinking about this ever since Carenado has revealed this project.I' ve heard also that Carenado paintkits are difficult to use
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1