Greenham Common afcad anywhere

Thread: Greenham Common afcad anywhere

Greenham Common afcad anywhere

Im really into Manfred's C-97 family at the moment and i'd like a UK home to fly them from, esp as theres a prospect of an AI version, there's an FS9 version out there but its a bit too modern and has a few flatten and background issue's, be easier to start from scratch unless anyone knows different, there's also Afcads for Fairford and Mildenhall but Greenham was the major base for C-97's back then.

cheers ian

Hi Ian

I was prompted to do the same after the first release!! I found an FS9 version tweaked by George Davison for FSX. Think it was from Allnodes and by Shep.. filename greenham_X2GCx.zip. If you can't find it.. give me a shout and I'll send my copy
    EDIT: Not allnodes.. still looking!
    ATB
    DaveB
    Last edited by DaveB; June 29th, 2015 at 09:58. Reason: added x to zip name

Sounds interesting Dave, maybe i could scrounge a copy, incidentally, ive just found an official 1957 site plan, Runway, taxi's, hardstandings, dimensions, eveything you could want, nothing gets me going more than a good map

hahahahaha..

Two ticks and I'll have it ready for you
    ATB
    DaveB

In the end , i decided to make up my own, nothing special, but you do get a 1950's-ish Greenham Common and a 10000ft runway to practice your take offs and landings, ive used the same library's from Ian which i used for Wick a few weeks back, find them here if you've not already installed then-------- http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/node/125

Ive also knocked up a basic traffic file for the KC97, about ten aircraft that seems ok on frames, although there is an AI model in the works, so i'll certainly change it when its released,

cheers ian

Thanks Ian.. I'll give it a whirl now

EDIT: I can't see any statics Ian and I can't see why at the moment (though it's probably staring me in the face). Had a quick look at the traffic file and you have them taking off and landing in the dark so they should all be visible during daytime as statics. Did you knock up your own KC for the exercise and rename it?

ATB
    DaveB
    Last edited by DaveB; July 5th, 2015 at 14:00.

Members who have read this thread: 0